BajaNomad

Aqua Caliente

Tacodawgtim - 9-27-2012 at 09:57 AM

Well got out the maps and talked with a few people here and in San Felipe. The good news is tha the contractor that built my cas is also growing grapes in Aqua Caliente. He cleared up a few points. We were able to drive to within about 3 miles off the hot springs, pretty warm out there yesterday. Here is big red barrel near entrance to the canyon...

And our ride in

Feathers - 9-27-2012 at 10:10 AM

Great pic... those are two happy cacti!!!

uuhh !

captkw - 9-27-2012 at 03:53 PM

HOLA, which hot spring ?? their are several and most are out of water !! K&T:cool:

David K - 9-27-2012 at 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by captkw
HOLA, which hot spring ?? their are several and most are out of water !! K&T:cool:

Caņon de Agua Caliente... See http://vivabaja.com/404

THANK YOU DAVID !!

captkw - 9-27-2012 at 07:25 PM

I WAS GETTING A LITTLE LOST !! NEVER HAVE BEEN IN THAT PART OF BAJA !! SO MUCH BAJA AND ONLY SOOOO MUCH TIME!! HAVE SEEN IT ON MAPS,,BUT NOT LIVE....SO IS IT FULL,ROBUST,HOT......?? K&T:cool:

David K - 9-27-2012 at 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by captkw
I WAS GETTING A LITTLE LOST !! NEVER HAVE BEEN IN THAT PART OF BAJA !! SO MUCH BAJA AND ONLY SOOOO MUCH TIME!! HAVE SEEN IT ON MAPS,,BUT NOT LIVE....SO IS IT FULL,ROBUST,HOT......?? K&T:cool:

I am hoping that tacodawgtim gives us a fresh look...

Here is what we saw in 2004:

The source spring:

Here see great amounts of super hot water flow out and go about 400 feet to where it merges with the cool mountain stream. HOT SPRING GPS: 30°38.85', 115°12.41', elev. 2,041'

Photo looking north/ downstream. Here is the tub just below the spring, but the water is a scalding 140°F! We go over 300 feet downstream and make a tub where the temperature is closer 105°F.

Jide is by a hot water tub built where the spring water flows down from the terrace, then heads downstream. The water was too hot in the tub. Photo looking south.

SKY VIEW EAST

Photo looking eastward, down stream. Shown (going upstream) is: the end of the 4WD road, a former cilantro* farm area, hot springs, and a palm tree location. (*or other cash crop)