BajaNomad

Mermaid..Mermaid...Mermaid

bigmike58 - 9-27-2012 at 06:36 PM

My buddies and I launched from the new Malicon and Marina in Mulege last weekend. We were in a hurry to get some fishing in before Hurricane Miriam hit so we didn’t get a chance to purchase any mackerel and had to use a Sak's Fifth Ave credit card for bait. We barely made it out of the freshly dredged Mulege river and the starboard rod started singing....Fish on!! After a short fight I grabbed the gaff in anticipation of a nice dodo, to my amazement we find a mermaid hooked thru the upper lip...Hell, I can't gaff her!! So I lip her like a large mouth bass and slide her thru the tuna door.... Man, what a catch!! She looks good, I think I'll keep her....hmmm, but wait, is the law one mermaid per boat or one per fisherman? I don't want to stop fishing cause I have a limit... maybe I should let her go.......hmmmm... what if I don't catch another one today? geez, what if I never catch another? ever? what to do, what to do? I know they’re not endangered, guys divorce them every day and throw em back......... I'll keep her, I’m sure she's different than my last mermaid....biggrin:

[Edited on 9-28-2012 by bigmike58]

Feathers - 9-27-2012 at 06:38 PM

:lol:

Bajafun777 - 9-27-2012 at 06:52 PM

Just too cool not to post BigMike,LOL. I have been traveling around Baja and Mainland taking pictures of Mermaids for a future V-Neck T-shirt I am going to have made. Right now I have about 12 out of about 40 that I feel meet the need to put on that future T-shirt. Now, I would definately have to think about doing something about including this one but the blocked out line on the lower hangers won't go on the T-shirt,LOL. Very nice catch and if you release her I doubt that the next guy will catch and release her, HMMMMMMMMm,LOL. Really like this kind of sense of humor and attention getter to lighten things up on here. Take Care & Travel Safe-----"No Hurry, No Worry, Just FUN" bajafun777

Paulina - 9-27-2012 at 06:59 PM

You must have dipped that SFA credit card in Tequila before tying it on the hook.

P>*)))>{

[Edited on 28-9-2012 by Paulina]

Pescador - 9-28-2012 at 07:52 AM

And take a look at that ancient rod, it is hard to believe he could catch anything with that old thing.:rolleyes:

BornFisher - 9-28-2012 at 07:57 AM

Where are the other two?

David K - 9-28-2012 at 08:21 AM

They sure got the Mulege marina built fast! :lol:

docvandijk - 9-28-2012 at 11:50 AM

I know the US bag limit is 1, Tournament Rules or Not. My wife told me, so I know it's true. You also need to careful about taking "shorts." I know that's illegal here and there.

castaway$ - 9-28-2012 at 12:48 PM

I sure hope you plan on eating that one so it doesn't go to waste.

BajaBruno - 9-28-2012 at 12:50 PM

Carefull with those mermaids--they are not all so docile.

docvandijk - 9-28-2012 at 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaBruno
Carefull with those mermaids--they are not all so docile.

Nice rig. Is that an International?

toneart - 9-28-2012 at 02:37 PM

Hey BigMike!

She looks like a keeper to me. Upside down, docile mermaids are the most desirable! Don't get hung up on such things as boat limits like BajaBruno.:lol: Looks like he got greedy. :o

Oh, and do whatever you can to help heal her lip. It will work out nicely to your advantage. :tumble:

bigmike58 - 9-28-2012 at 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by castaway$

Well, My wife said that if she catches me eating or playing with any part of my catch I will never see or fish Mulege again!! :cool:

capt. mike - 9-28-2012 at 04:29 PM

lotta meat on that one....sashimi??
is that REALLY the new Mulege marina??

bigmike58 - 9-28-2012 at 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by capt. mike
lotta meat on that one....sashimi??
is that REALLY the new Mulege marina??

Yes it is Mike!! Please stop by tonight for drinks, I have a bridge in San Francisco for sale, cheap!!;)

redmesa - 9-28-2012 at 05:20 PM

I thought I wouldn't do this but I can not stop myself. Somethings just got to be done.

woody with a view - 9-28-2012 at 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by toneart
She looks like a keeper to me. Upside down, docile mermaids are the most desirable!

Oh, and do whatever you can to help heal her lip. It will work out nicely to your advantage. :tumble:

My Gramps always said, "If you stand them on their heads they all look alike!"
:light:

[Edited on 9-29-2012 by woody with a view]

BajaBlanca - 9-28-2012 at 07:03 PM

:lol::lol::lol:

soooooooooooooo funny !! Love it.

Paulina - 9-28-2012 at 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bigmike58
Quote:
Originally posted by castaway$

Well, My wife said that if she catches me eating or playing with any part of my catch I will never see or fish Mulege again!! :cool:

Your comment made me smile, as it reminded me of one of my favorite black and white movies, Mr. Peabody and the Mermaid, 1948. Just don't let your wife find your mermaid in the bathtub!

P>*)))>{

Skipjack Joe - 9-28-2012 at 11:42 PM

Quote:

Once again, Newton's laws of gravity are confirmed.

Iflyfish - 9-29-2012 at 07:37 AM

Keep your tip up and practice catch and release.

Iflyfishwithmytipup!

dorado50 - 9-29-2012 at 08:05 AM

My go to lure.........

capt. mike - 10-1-2012 at 12:22 PM

i'd a thrown that one back but not until at least one round of "rich uncle"...

luv2fish - 10-1-2012 at 12:36 PM

Quote:
My buddies and I launched from the new Malicon and Marina in Mulege last weekend. We were in a hurry to get some fishing in before Hurricane Miriam hit so we didn’t get a chance to purchase any mackerel and had to use a Sak's Fifth Ave credit card for bait. We barely made it out of the freshly dredged Mulege river and the starboard rod started singing....Fish on!! After a short fight I grabbed the gaff in anticipation of a nice dodo, to my amazement we find a mermaid hooked thru the upper lip...Hell, I can't gaff her!! So I lip her like a large mouth bass and slide her thru the tuna door.... Man, what a catch!! She looks good, I think I'll keep her....hmmm, but wait, is the law one mermaid per boat or one per fisherman? I don't want to stop fishing cause I have a limit... maybe I should let her go.......hmmmm... what if I don't catch another one today? geez, what if I never catch another? ever? what to do, what to do? I know they’re not endangered, guys divorce them every day and throw em back......... I'll keep her, I’m sure she's different than my last mermaid....biggrin:

[Edited on 9-28-2012 by bigmike58]
Watch it now, remember the incident about the three marlin. It's one Mermaid per person, per license.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

surfdoc - 10-1-2012 at 03:34 PM

What pound test did ya troll the Diamond with :D

Very nice!

desertcpl - 10-1-2012 at 03:45 PM

so very funny,,, this could go on for days

love the sence of humor