BajaNomad

WHO WAS THAT NOMAD..........

DENNIS - 10-3-2012 at 02:06 PM

.........in the black SUV.....Jeep...maybe, with the BajaNomad sticker parked at the Vagabond Motel on Broadway, Chula Vista this AM?

tripledigitken - 10-3-2012 at 02:10 PM

Don't know who the Nomad was, but....good to see you are traveling internationally!!!:cool:

DENNIS - 10-3-2012 at 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tripledigitken
Don't know who the Nomad was, but....good to see you are traveling internationally!!!:cool:

Yeah...I soloed to the VA. and had a very productive visit with them. They're going to set me up with a leg brace and an electrical stimulator for my bad leg.
Worst part of the trip was frying the transmission on the Windstar I was driving. It started acting up on the return trip around la Salina and I was able to get it to the Army base south of Ensenada when it died an ugly death. Took it's final breath in front of a parts house and mechanics shop. I arrainged for a used replacement and a ride home and life is good.
$11,000 Ps...all inclusive.
I'm too beat up right now to worry about the small sheit.

By the way.....9:30 AM, Tuesday......an hour and a half in at least 100° at Tecate.
Not at all nice.

Nothing has changed at the entrance to Mexico with ver lite traffic coming in.

Udo - 10-3-2012 at 03:09 PM

Thanks for the report, Dennis!

Glad you are feeling much better, and even gladder that you can drive!

comitan - 10-3-2012 at 03:21 PM

Thats really good news no matter what anybody says the VA is very good, and better than that for me.

DENNIS - 10-3-2012 at 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Udo
Thanks for the report, Dennis!

Glad you are feeling much better, and even gladder that you can drive!

Thanks, Udo. This is a bad place to be without transportation.