BajaNomad

Work is a 4 letter word

acadist - 10-6-2012 at 02:42 AM

This is the weekend I should be packing so I can leave Thursday for a visit to Campo Sirena. Thanks to my job my vacation was cancelled :fire: so that my ops mgr can go to a required training. When you are told that the training is required and if there is a scheduling conflict to discuss it with your HR representative that is corporate speak for 'forget it'. Of course the fishing is great right now, timing, timing, timing. Well at least I will get the garage cleaned out for winter so I can park in it, just soon enough in case we get another snow storm like yesterday.
Asuncion, I will be dreaming about you all week and hopefully can reschedule soon!

[Edited on 10-6-2012 by acadist]

bigmike58 - 10-6-2012 at 06:06 AM

That sux....

ligui - 10-6-2012 at 06:19 AM

Also working all weekend and next week . Winter is on the way and lots to do . Must say i'd also like to be packing for baja , :spingrin: Hang in there !

shari - 10-6-2012 at 06:49 AM

ahhh geezo...but ya know...everything happens for a reason amigo...maybe you are just waiting for the tuna to show up! I'm sure when you DO show it...it will be epic.

(I wont tell you that one of our campers got 8 yellowtail from the beach yesterday)

BajaBlanca - 10-6-2012 at 08:00 AM

what a letdown .... hopefully you can remedy the situation soon. The fish should be around for a while !

woody with a view - 10-6-2012 at 08:44 AM

work allows you to do the things you want to do when you ain't working.

why can't you wait until that pinhead gets back and then go?

boe4fun - 10-6-2012 at 09:26 AM

Shari, Got any pictures?

acadist - 10-6-2012 at 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
ahhh geezo...but ya know...everything happens for a reason amigo...maybe you are just waiting for the tuna to show up! I'm sure when you DO show it...it will be epic.

(I wont tell you that one of our campers got 8 yellowtail from the beach yesterday)

can't wait, maybe we can do another turkey!

acadist - 10-6-2012 at 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by woody with a view
work allows you to do the things you want to do when you ain't working.

why can't you wait until that pinhead gets back and then go?

That's the plan, what sucks is my wife and brother scheduled vacation time too, both have jobs that do not allow much time during the holidays. I have to schedule my time at least a month prior so with 2 weeks left this year I think it looks like the week after thanksgiving. I am thankful to have a job that allows me the means to support my family AND do fun things like fish in La Paz and Asuncion. Sometimes I wish I was back in SoCal and closer but just got a promotion so CO for now.

durrelllrobert - 10-6-2012 at 04:47 PM

This is the weekend I should be packing

bajadock - 10-6-2012 at 05:04 PM

Hope the work and snow ease off soon for you acadist. Many from my Colorado posse have been to Baja in 2012 or have reservations to visit next 6 months.

Congrats on promotion....I think. CHEERS from a former Hampden Ave/Parker Rd guy.

acadist - 10-6-2012 at 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by durrelllrobert
This is the weekend I should be packing

This is Colorado, not LA:lol::lol::lol:

acadist - 10-6-2012 at 06:43 PM

Quote:
Congrats on promotion....I think. CHEERS from a former Hampden Ave/Parker Rd guy.

I could live @ Sam's #3:P

acadist - 10-9-2012 at 03:29 AM

2 more reasons this is terrible, after going to the freezer yesterday to pull dinner out; 2 more packs of yellowtail, 1 dorado, and 1 wahoo. Also my bottle of Anejo is almost dry:no::no:

woody with a view - 10-9-2012 at 07:38 AM

e-gads, man! that is depressing. Oh, the humanity!

if it makes you feel better i'll hoist a shot and a beer to you from Todos Santos next weekend. and i plan on stocking up our tuna free freezer for the long, dreary Yuma winter....Neptune willing!:saint:

baitcast - 10-9-2012 at 08:15 AM

Things can be far worse my friend,I haven,t been down in three years and may never make it,things are never so bad that they can,t get worse

Case in point,my wife got a call yesterday,someone in Panama did or tried to buy something with my credit card,could not call the bank nobody home:fire: many ? the bank opens in 20 min...........So you see can get worse:lol:
Rob

woody with a view - 10-9-2012 at 08:23 AM

good luck Rob.

Martyman - 10-9-2012 at 09:28 AM

I have also delayed my baja trip due to other people taking unexpected time off. The fishing is good in October, Novenber is not as good for fishing and windy. At least I can use veterans and thanksgiving to get a few free days off and extend the trip to three weeks. Shari-When are those tuna coming in?

Bajaboy - 10-9-2012 at 10:06 AM

Well I got home last night with the kids to find out that their school had to close this week do to emergency.....had I known, I would have stayed in BA another week. Ni modo....will have to wait until November.

woody with a view - 10-9-2012 at 10:08 AM

i be a 4 letter word was uttered....

acadist - 10-9-2012 at 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by woody with a view
e-gads, man! that is depressing. Oh, the humanity!

if it makes you feel better i'll hoist a shot and a beer to you from Todos Santos next weekend. and i plan on stocking up our tuna free freezer for the long, dreary Yuma winter....Neptune willing!:saint:

Oh, man I am jonesing for some tuna!