BajaNomad

What should we expect????

striperphil - 10-13-2012 at 03:03 PM

OK, we'll be leaving for Rancho Leonero in a week from today. What's bitin'? Should I clear out a spot on my wall of shame for a picture of my first marlin release???? That would make the trip more than worthwhile. Should I expect to catch a roosterfish, which has been on my bucket list forever???? Or, should I get ready for the ol' "you shoulda been here last week" speech??? That would cause me to consume way too much tequila to ease the pain. :no: I'm really looking forward to this!!!

acadist - 10-13-2012 at 03:07 PM

Expect FUN!!!!

Skipjack Joe - 10-13-2012 at 03:14 PM

I'm a bit superstitious in that I don't expect anything. Expecting something guarantees that I won't get it. Expect something and expect to be disappointed. That's the game I play.

Best thing is to not expect anything and be happy with everything.

Sorry that's not the answer you were :rolleyes: expecting.

Osprey - 10-13-2012 at 05:25 PM

If you get lucky and the wind dies a little expect to catch some sailfish, marlin, dorado, amberjack and big Humboldt squid almost in front of the resort.

Lots of mackerela at the seamounts for bait.

If you charter a cruiser and they go waaay out, expect 30 or 40 # tuna.

dtbushpilot - 10-13-2012 at 05:25 PM

Currently dorado seems to be the predominant catch with plenty of marlin and sail fish around for those targeting them. There have been a few wahoo caught this week, tuna seemed to have moved a little south but they are still catching them. Roosters are around but not in force.

That's this week, next week "nunca sabe?" Clear out a spot on the wall and tell your skipper what you want to catch, he will probably make it happen for you.....dt

striperphil - 10-13-2012 at 07:44 PM

I like it!!!!!! Absolutely can't wait. I feel like an old, fat 10 yr old. (and I was 40 odd yrs ago) This is our fourth trip to Mexico, but the first to Baja. Every trip gets better. :lol:

UnoMas - 10-13-2012 at 08:05 PM

Not knowing the days you will be there or fishing but all signs look like you will have a great trip. Listen to your Captain as he will know what fish are there for the catching. Have a great trip.:yes:

Feathers - 10-13-2012 at 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by acadist
Expect FUN!!!!

Best Answer!!! :bounce:

BajaBlanca - 10-14-2012 at 07:42 AM

expect lots of fun ! you are going to a beautiful area.

bigmike58 - 10-14-2012 at 09:04 AM

I will be looking forward to seeing some pics!! good luck!!

striperphil - 10-14-2012 at 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bigmike58
I will be looking forward to seeing some pics!! good luck!!

Will do. I hope American Airlines doesn't go completely out of business before we get there and back. Hide the tequila and warn the fishes!