BajaNomad

Baja 1000 Beware RM1047

TMW - 10-21-2012 at 10:10 AM

Things can change sometimes for the worse.

rts551 - 10-21-2012 at 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by TW

Nice shot TW.

I don't believe the course is finalized. wonder how much will change. waiting for our guys to prerun the south section in a couple of weeks (they are waiting for things to dry out).

Sublimity - 10-21-2012 at 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by TW

This would do some damage for sure! How far South are you headed for the race TW?

willardguy - 10-21-2012 at 10:45 AM

the granddaddy of G-outs!:O

TMW - 10-21-2012 at 11:02 AM

The picture was shot by one of the crew that was marking the course last week. I assume they found a way around this spot or got something in there to smooth it out. This is along the coast across from Los Pocitos on hwy 1.

I'm chasing Tunaeater and he gets off the bike near San Felipe but I was thinking of going on to La Paz and spend a few days just site seeing and exploring.

TMW - 10-21-2012 at 11:08 AM

They also had problems with a rancher not letting them pass over his property I think it was near RM 650 south of San Ignacio. They even offered him money and he refused it. Maybe he wants more from Sal. There was also an area on the section just before Loreto that was said to be non-passable, Some problem on a hill. But I understand they found a way around it.

Corky1 - 10-21-2012 at 01:41 PM

TW,

Any info about the race course south from BOLA to El Arco?? :?:

thanks,

Corky

KurtG - 10-21-2012 at 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Corky1
TW,

thanks,

Corky

We were at San Francisquito Monday night. Two KTM riders came in from BOLA and expressed their opinion that no 4 wheeled vehicle could make it through at that time. Just passing on their report. Road out to El Arco was fine.

TMW - 10-21-2012 at 06:46 PM

Quote:
TW,

thanks,

Corky

No I don't have anything about that area. I plan to be down there next weekend to check out the wall just past San Rafael as seen on Google Earth. Hopefully I can get thru in my Tacoma.

Bajaboy - 10-21-2012 at 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by TW
Quote:
TW,

thanks,

Corky

No I don't have anything about that area. I plan to be down there next weekend to check out the wall just past San Rafael as seen on Google Earth. Hopefully I can get thru in my Tacoma.

I'd appreciate any info, too, as we plan on heading down to PSR just before Turkey Day.

Corky1 - 10-21-2012 at 07:26 PM

Thanks for the prompt replys.

Corky

Ateo - 10-21-2012 at 08:52 PM

Keep the El Arco posts coming. Gonna be helping pit someone down there next month.

TMW - 10-22-2012 at 09:24 AM

Chris Wilson said he would be down marking the trail out of LA Bay this week. Three trucks with winches, tow straps and shovels.