BajaNomad

donation request - middle school dresses - MORE PHOTOS

BajaBlanca - 10-23-2012 at 02:54 PM

for the fiesta coming up, the middle school has requested my help in asking for funds for the trajes tipicas or typical dresses used for their dances. These are pics of the traditional dress for Baja Sur that they would like to have made:

Anyone interested in making a donation, please U2u me for a Mexican or American bank account. There will be a total of 3 dresses and they cost 600 pesos each.

Thanks in advance and have a great one !

[Edited on 11-27-2012 by BajaBlanca]

BajaBlanca - 10-23-2012 at 07:17 PM

:saint:

come on baja angels - A little more and we will be set ! I will give you the school bank account here in Mexico.

M - 10-23-2012 at 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaBlanca
for the fiesta coming up, the middle school has requested my help in asking for funds for the trajes tipicas or typical dresses used for their dances. These are pics of the traditional dress for Baja Sur that they would like to have made:

I understand completely how important these life landmarks are. ESPECIALLY FOR GIRLS. Perhaps post a direct address where we can send funds? I have some 'found', garage sale money I can throw in. I would have just peeed it away....
Thank you for bringing a small thing that is REALLY huge into the limelight. I will send a U2 anyway.
HUGS!
M
M

Anyone interested in making a donation, please U2u me for a Mexican or American bank account. There will be a total of 3 dresses and they cost 600 pesos each.

Thanks in advance and have a great one !

BajaBlanca - 10-23-2012 at 09:18 PM

For anyone who is in Baja, I will get the school bankaccount # tomorrow.

If you are in the States, the money can go to my mom. I would prefer not to publish her address here .... thanks for understanding !

BajaBlanca - 10-24-2012 at 01:38 PM

2 down and one to go ! any takers ? $50 and you will make a real difference at this school ! The dresses will be used year after year. That was my suggestion when they wanted to"rent" the dresses. Wasted money to rent IMO, so much more savvy to buy !

BajaBlanca - 10-27-2012 at 12:44 PM

THANKS to M and BH for their donations and I will sponsor the 3rd dress - so we have reached our goal. the dresses are getting made in La Paz.

stay tuned for photos of the Nov 20th festivities...

the girls are practicing their dances every day at school - in the hot hot sun - so kudos to them too !

AND HERE THEY ARE IN THEIRSPENDOR

BajaBlanca - 11-22-2012 at 01:13 PM

Thanks for making this happen M and BajaHombre !!!!

the parade was AMAZING and I have over 600 photos ..whew.... The celebration lasted all day from 8 til 3 - we walked alot (I gotblistersto proveit) and then had a ceremony to crown the queen - princess and duchess - the girls who are in the photo below.

Again- it was a wonderful day - HAPPY THANKSGIVING and boy do I have alot to be thankful for !!!

[Edited on 11-22-2012 by BajaBlanca]

woody with a view - 11-22-2012 at 01:18 PM

sorry i missed the original post. woulda been cool to help out such a good cause!

wilderone - 11-24-2012 at 09:08 AM

Glad everything worked out. Just curious - the designs on the dresses - are they always like that? depicting - is that a corn stalk? What is the significance of the dress designs?

OMG!

M - 11-26-2012 at 01:44 PM

They look so happy, and I'm grateful for the chance to contribute to such a memorable cause. This is an important age for young girls as I remember.
Thank YOU Blanca, for the 'feel good' moment.
BIG HUGS,
M

805gregg - 11-26-2012 at 06:53 PM

Send this over to the mainland and the drug cartels, they have all the money.

Marc - 11-26-2012 at 07:01 PM

Cute. :yes::yes:

BajaBlanca - 11-26-2012 at 08:02 PM

wilderone-the design is the symbol for Baja Sur and those are supposed to be cacti with the flowers to the sides.

BajaBlanca - 11-26-2012 at 08:06 PM

THE QUEEN - LA REINA

THE PRINCESS - LA PRINCESA

ANDTHE DUCHESS - LA DUQUESA