BajaNomad

Need Help Quick

rdrrm8e - 10-25-2012 at 09:57 AM

Hey everybody

I just found out that Stan's daughter and B friend do not have passports.....!:mad:

I just got off the phone with her and told her to call the State Dept. or embassy right now. I don't know if they can issue an emergency passport or some document...?

They have birth certs, driver's lic. and a copy of Stan's death cert from Vizcaino.

Other than hide her under a tarp....does anyone have another sumgestion?????????????

Hook - 10-25-2012 at 10:05 AM

I'm sure the birth certs, the DLs and the death certificate will get you back in the USA.

The question is, will it get you an FMM in Mexico. I cant say for sure. Maybe others will know.

But, rest assured, they will be admitted back into the USA with all that, especially if they seem to be of northern European descent. Just telling it like it is, with that last statement.

[Edited on 10-25-2012 by Hook]

Bajaboy - 10-25-2012 at 10:10 AM

You need a passport to get FMT...but I would just roll the dice in this situation. You may or may not be asked for it at GN. You could always bypass the checkpoint, too.

David K - 10-25-2012 at 10:10 AM

You don't HAVE to have a passport to get back into the USA. However, if you are going south of Guerrero Negro and the INM guy wants to see an FMM, you WILL need a passport to get an FMM.

I see Zac and I posted at the same time... as he said, there are other ways into Baja Sur than using Hwy. 1... where the INM office is. (FMT is the old tourist card... they are called FMM now)

[Edited on 10-25-2012 by David K]

rdrrm8e - 10-25-2012 at 10:15 AM

Thanks guys

I did not know there was a way to xxxxxx the GN shack

I do now

[Edited on 10-25-2012 by rdrrm8e]

Mula - 10-25-2012 at 10:19 AM

Call Discover Baja in San Diego and ask them for advise and/or help?

comitan - 10-25-2012 at 10:24 AM

The bypass, at the Hotel turn right into desert many roads just go in a ways turn left to GN.

WideAngleWandering - 10-25-2012 at 10:32 AM

For what it's worth I drove right through the checkpoint in GN. I tried to stop but nobody came out and the line of traffic behind me got peeed so I moved on.

I didn't have to show mine until I bought my ferry ticket from La Paz to Mazatlan.

David K - 10-25-2012 at 03:08 PM

The guy got up an looked at us from his doorway when we stopped at that stop sign in front of his office... He just waved us on, without asking to see our tourist cards (the bug spray guy was not there as well)... You just never know...

The townsfolk of Guerrero Negro just avoid that and the bug spray guy by using the bypass... and it is at the the airport a mile or so before the Eagle Monument traffic circle, didn't know about another at the hotel... but as I said many times, there are many open/ legal roads into Baja Sur besides Hwy. 1.

micah202 - 10-25-2012 at 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
You don't HAVE to have a passport to get back into the USA........

..are you sure about that??
...I've heard otherwise for the canada/us border:?:

rts551 - 10-25-2012 at 06:25 PM

Quote:
The guy got up an looked at us from his doorway when we stopped at that stop sign in front of his office... He just waved us on, without asking to see our tourist cards (the bug spray guy was not there as well)... You just never know...

The townsfolk of Guerrero Negro just avoid that and the bug spray guy by using the bypass... and it is at the the airport a mile or so before the Eagle Monument traffic circle, didn't know about another at the hotel... but as I said many times, there are many open/ legal roads into Baja Sur besides Hwy. 1.

Local people are waved through. They do not have yo use the "bypass".

you dont have to have a P.P

captkw - 10-25-2012 at 06:30 PM

david is correct on this !! it helps to have all your receits and when your south get a notery on cause and time of death & area and side notes ...AKA that you just drove down to take care of biz!! I understand that you lost a family member that was/is well loved..and us nomads will help as best we can !! just save and get all the paper work you can !! this has happend Many times before and will in the future...do not let any gov. stop you and the love of family !! drive safe and get going !! any questions always post here and some of the sane nomads will help !! god speed/vios con dios........KT..ps as said before..DL,birth cer. Bills,bills,bills....get my drift !! and drive really safe !!

[Edited on 10-26-2012 by captkw]

DENNIS - 10-25-2012 at 06:35 PM

Worst possible scenario...be prepared to pay a "fine" if you get jambed up at the checkpoint. Just act completely stoopid and show the guy a fifty dollar bill saying you would like to pay for your permits to travel to Asuncion.

! 20 dollar's is a start

captkw - 10-25-2012 at 06:49 PM

but ,,look him/her/them in the eye and tell them the truth !! always best !! if you dont speak spanish....fine he/she might speak english...sorry as a captian..I do not bow down when I have crew or vessel at risk !! or just carry on !! for gods sake !! I hope you are not reading this and are on the road !!! OUT!

David K - 10-25-2012 at 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by rts551
Quote:

Local people are waved through. They do not have yo use the "bypass".

Well actually... I was told this by a local! I have never been on the bypass.

rdrrm8e - 10-25-2012 at 07:01 PM

bYE Y'ALL

David K - 10-25-2012 at 07:05 PM

Have a great time!

BajaRat - 10-25-2012 at 07:06 PM

Vios con Dios

rts551 - 10-25-2012 at 07:27 PM

have a safe trip.

mcfez - 10-25-2012 at 07:41 PM

Entering the USA does require a passport, but will be waved if you can show them a DL or Birth Certificate ......IF you are driving in. You may be directed to the secondary "as punishment".

Flying or Cruising REQUIRES a passport without question.

rts551 - 10-25-2012 at 07:48 PM

Quote:
Have a great time!

:?:

Bajaboy - 10-25-2012 at 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by captkw
SO far this guy has no history and no profile and seems to be FISHING any one know this person or have refs of said person ??? I dont think that will come through !! hopefully family members will chime in !! so far the guy has just fished this board and thats it !! read the thread......I'm trained in Comm's......this is not....Comm"s...This is fishing..Not being desresctfull of stan the man.......but this is so far not up to spec!!!!! K & T...never been outside my TV !!!

WTF:?:

baja boy

captkw - 10-25-2012 at 08:04 PM

Hola<<< check his pro file ?? and look at the form !! something is not right here !!!...K&T:cool:

Bajaboy - 10-25-2012 at 08:08 PM

Quote:
Hola<<< check his pro file ?? and look at the form !! something is not right here !!!...K&T:cool:

He is taking Stan's family down to the funeral.

rts551 - 10-25-2012 at 08:21 PM

Quote:

registered in 2007. Friend of the family. Just didn't post here much.. can't blame him sometimes

DENNIS - 10-25-2012 at 08:26 PM

He's OK, Cap. Stress and all....ya know.
He's also on the road I guess.

Im wrong .....sorry,..............

captkw - 10-25-2012 at 08:43 PM

Bajaboy - 10-25-2012 at 09:00 PM

Quote:

It's all good on my end...thanks for the recant.

mcfez - 10-25-2012 at 09:24 PM

captkw .....
Please make no mistakes as I never do :o:lol:

Get that electronic stuff done?

BornFisher - 10-25-2012 at 09:46 PM

Quote:

And again, an empty wagon makes the most noise.
Chuck is a hero in the fishing community and a long time friend of Stan. And Stan could not have a better friend, who is doing all he can do in his power to help here.

shari - 10-25-2012 at 09:54 PM

Chuck is one of the very very few who is making the trek to be here for Stan's farewell...this means A LOT to me...gracias Chuck...I so look forward to hearing your stories well into the night tomorrow at the velorio (vigil).

It's ok all

rdrrm8e - 10-25-2012 at 11:45 PM

Nothing could hurt my feelings at this time. I am numb.

Cannot sleep. Gotta pick up the stutzkas in a few hours.

Thanks for the support

I'll post when I return

Hola, just woke up at 1:09 am Damn

captkw - 10-26-2012 at 01:18 AM

OK ,,I'am going back and a checking my ___________ sounds like you folks know this person....so, with that,,I'll go back to sleep knowing all is good !! taking care of bizness..BTO a canada band !!!......K&T:cool:......sorry "chuck"..I too have recenty gone through A lot crossings (deaths) and alot of folks just seem to come out of nowhere when this happens !! so I'm on the caution side of the chart !! Please excuse me for my bad manners and forgive me for my stupidity !!....K&T

shari - 10-26-2012 at 07:10 AM

nice apology CAPTKW...I'll give Chuck a big hug for ya tonight when they arrive!

Thanks shari and sorry chuck !!

captkw - 10-26-2012 at 07:26 AM

Chuck,,I hope your journey is a good one and I do not have words to express my simpathy on my stupidness in this matter !! I now know !! and these new sleeping tab's the doc gave me "kick" as I wake up in stuper and reread my posts.....humble with headache..............K with the lil Tasha

Hook - 10-26-2012 at 07:29 AM

Quote:
Have a great time!

Classic. :rolleyes:

[Edited on 10-26-2012 by Hook]

DENNIS - 10-26-2012 at 07:42 AM

Quote:
Hola,,I know your on the road right now !! but after ready shari post I feel lower than the root of a carrot----------------

Everything's OK, Cap. Don't worry about it.
Have a good day.

David K - 10-26-2012 at 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hook
Quote:
Have a great time!

I did not see any mention of a funeral, only his asking about needing a passport, .... My reply was to his "BYE Y'ALL" post above... If there is another thread connected to this, I am sorry that I did not read it and no disrespect was intended...

Now Hook, how about explaining what you mean by "classic"?

motoged - 10-26-2012 at 09:55 AM

Quote:

David,
Out of respect for Stan and those honouring him, please sooth your ego someplace else.

rts551 - 10-26-2012 at 10:02 AM

What a crock. There was enough info in the posters first post. And if you didn't know what the post was about, you shouldn't be posting in it. please go back to advertising your book and let this guy bury his friend.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Have a great time!

I did not see any mention of a funeral, only his asking about needing a passport, .... My reply was to his "BYE Y'ALL" post above... If there is another thread connected to this, I am sorry that I did not read it and no disrespect was intended...

vgabndo - 10-26-2012 at 11:41 AM

[David,
Out of respect for Stan and those honouring him, please sooth your ego someplace else. ]

X10, sorry folks.

I hope your day and night at Campo Serenita is as rich, close and loving as I trust you will make it to be. It would have meant a lot to me to have had the honor to take a turn with the pick and shovel. I'm sorry I'm not there to bless and support those of you who have lost SO much more than I have.

What an amazing cradle of loving arms, Chuck and Stan's family will land in!

Bless you all. Perry

David K - 10-26-2012 at 12:08 PM

So I shouldn't explain and apologize... but it is okay for Hook and the rest of you to criticize me here? Wow indeed...

DENNIS - 10-26-2012 at 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by soulpatch
The printed word in such a limited format lacks much.
Everybody needs to just let go and relax.
Enjoy remembering the man's life.
We are all in line.

Yeah........let's save it for another time. It will keep.

rts551 - 10-26-2012 at 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by soulpatch
The printed word in such a limited format lacks much.
Everybody needs to just let go and relax.
Enjoy remembering the man's life.
We are all in line.

Nicely said.

willardguy - 10-26-2012 at 01:21 PM

now can we keep this in perspective? (stole this off another board).

shari - 10-26-2012 at 02:06 PM

whoa... that picture opened the flood gates for me...Stan at his best...I love you man!!!!

DENNIS - 10-26-2012 at 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
whoa... that picture opened the flood gates for me...Stan at his best...I love you man!!!!

I think it originally came from his daughter's FB page.

Hook - 10-27-2012 at 11:03 AM

Shari, I hope you will post when rdrrm8e and the relatives get there safe and sound. Just knowing they've arrived, with all the passport questions, would be nice.

DENNIS - 10-27-2012 at 11:19 AM

Quote:
Shari, I hope you will post when rdrrm8e and the relatives get there safe and sound. Just knowing they've arrived, with all the passport questions, would be nice.

Sounds as though they made it. This was posted on the other thread:

Quote:
Originally posted by tipper
For all that cared for Stan, his velorio last night was just wonderful. I had the honor of being there for a few hours. Mexican, American and Canadian friends were there. There was a visual tribute of pictures of his life. His best friend and daughter came down, as did his sister and various friends. The atmosphere was a combination of respect, silence, and memories and laughter. Shari and others couldn't have done a more loving job to get this all together.

Hook - 10-27-2012 at 12:18 PM

Good news. Thanks.