BajaNomad

Armed break-in Todos Santos

Lee - 10-26-2012 at 03:56 PM

From today's Baja Western Onion:

''Las Tunas Armed Breaking & Entering - At 12:30 AM on Wednesday morning the 24th, an armed intruder entered our Las Tunas rental located at Los Jardines and Las Playitas. They climbed onto a sombre over a back porch and proceeded to cut the screen out with a razor blade to enter through a window not more than two feet from my head as I slept. I was awakened and upon standing up, immediately saw what was occurring. In my sleepy state I assumed the perpetrator was on a ladder and I attempted to shove him backwards. Then I moved away to grab a club I keep handy but decided it was too far away to grab and get back in time to stop the entry.

When I rushed back to shove the assailant a second time, he was yelling at me in a way that even with my limited Spanish I later realized was a warning. That's when I saw he had a hand gun in his hand. I was less than a meter from the gun and saw it aimed right at me and instinctively moved to the side and turned my body just as he fired. I felt the bullet blow by the hair on my arm and hit the wall behind me. He vanished and when I ran out on the deck I saw him in the darkness head through our west facing barbed wire fence into the neighbors' yard and head west. With the police the next day we were able to see that the one (or two) perps entered and exited right there.

I hope this reaches everyone that lives out this way because it's so out of the ordinary compared to the rash of break ins we have had lately when no one is home. They knew we were home. Everything was locked downstairs. Lights were on and multiple cars in the drive. This is a new level of crime and in my opinion, an attempted armed home invasion. - Name Withheld By Request Editor's Note - Facts presented in this article were confirmed by the staff of the Baja Western Onion. - ''

woody with a view - 10-26-2012 at 04:23 PM

sure woulda been nice to whack that a-hole before he got off a shot. it's the only thing they understand.....

805gregg - 10-26-2012 at 04:33 PM

You can own guns in Mexico, maybe it's time to get one, you were almost killed.

DENNIS - 10-26-2012 at 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by 805gregg
You can own guns in Mexico, maybe it's time to get one, you were almost killed.

Waddayamean? One would need to have a gun in his hand to get a permit these days.....especially after "Fast'n Furious."

willardguy - 10-26-2012 at 04:49 PM

holy chit that is scary! how did he get thru the barbed wire I wonder? barbed wire, big dogs,security lights,electronic security,bear spray,WTF can you do?:?:

DavidE - 10-26-2012 at 05:44 PM

Thank god you are all right. That's # 1

DENNIS - 10-26-2012 at 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DavidE
Thank god you are all right. That's # 1

I think Lee was just passing on the story from The Onion. He wasn't the victim.

rts551 - 10-26-2012 at 06:09 PM

Dennis. Nomads never read that close. give him a break. Why are we letting this crime against American's stay on here anyway...People are shot in the good old USA every day

DaliDali - 10-26-2012 at 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by rts551
Dennis. Nomads never read that close. give him a break. Why are we letting this crime against American's stay on here anyway...People are shot in the good old USA every day

Crapola.....Americans are even shot in far off lands like Libya and no one gives a sheet.....one ringy dingy..........."well sorry dude...your on you own"..........

DENNIS - 10-26-2012 at 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by rts551
Dennis. Nomads never read that close. give him a break.

Oh....yeah. I forgot. Details just get in the way.
OK.....Hey...Lee. I'm glad you weren't shot......or.....were you?
Ohhhhh wellll. It doesn't matter. :lol:

DavidE - 10-26-2012 at 07:40 PM

Gotta get these $$^&^!!! cataracts fixed.

Talk about a lame excuse. Brain Fart? Internet connection failing? End of the world? Or just plain screwed up? Yeah, that's the most accurate one.

BajaBlanca - 10-26-2012 at 09:29 PM

This is really scary.

SMG - 10-27-2012 at 04:34 AM

Anyone have a link or any more details, for some reason I can't find it in the Onion? This is very close to us.

pointdog - 10-27-2012 at 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by SMG
Anyone have a link or any more details, for some reason I can't find it in the Onion? This is very close to us.

The account that Lee posted that I wrote for the BWO is pretty complete.
More details? The gun was a 22. And the TS Muni Police are not CSI BCS. Bottom line? Lock your doors at night, be aware & diligent.

Curt63 - 10-27-2012 at 07:18 AM

As much as I love happy friendly dogs, a guard type dog might have given this guy a minutes notice.

Glad everyone is ok. I was about 10 miles away from there on Wed night.

Lee - 10-27-2012 at 07:28 AM

OK, I confess, it wasn't me.

Doesn't sound like there was a guard dog on the property.

Added precautions are in order.

woody with a view - 10-27-2012 at 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Curt63
As much as I love happy friendly dogs, a guard type dog might have given this guy a minutes notice.

Glad everyone is ok. I was about 10 miles away from there on Wed night.

do you have anyone to back up your story, Curt?:lol:

Curt63 - 10-27-2012 at 07:42 AM

Woodman, Just ask the local bobos. We partied day and night.

From the BWO

bajaguy - 10-27-2012 at 07:44 AM

Las Tunas Armed Breaking & Entering - At 12:30 AM on Wednesday morning the 24th, an armed intruder entered our Las Tunas rental located at Los Jardines and Las Playitas. They climbed onto a sombre over a back porch and proceeded to cut the screen out with a razor blade to enter through a window not more than two feet from my head as I slept. I was awakened and upon standing up, immediately saw what was occurring. In my sleepy state I assumed the perpetrator was on a ladder and I attempted to shove him backwards. Then I moved away to grab a club I keep handy but decided it was too far away to grab and get back in time to stop the entry.

When I rushed back to shove the assailant a second time, he was yelling at me in a way that even with my limited Spanish I later realized was a warning. That's when I saw he had a hand gun in his hand. I was less than a meter from the gun and saw it aimed right at me and instinctively moved to the side and turned my body just as he fired. I felt the bullet blow by the hair on my arm and hit the wall behind me. He vanished and when I ran out on the deck I saw him in the darkness head through our west facing barbed wire fence into the neighbors' yard and head west. With the police the next day we were able to see that the one (or two) perps entered and exited right there.

I hope this reaches everyone that lives out this way because it's so out of the ordinary compared to the rash of break ins we have had lately when no one is home. They knew we were home. Everything was locked downstairs. Lights were on and multiple cars in the drive. This is a new level of crime and in my opinion, an attempted armed home invasion. - Name Withheld By Request Editor's Note - Facts presented in this article were confirmed by the staff of the Baja Western Onion. -

woody with a view - 10-27-2012 at 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Curt63
Woodman, Just ask the local bobos. We partied day and night.

yeah, they loved me, too!

pointdog - 10-27-2012 at 08:01 AM

LOL at some of the macho crap posted on Nomad.
As far as a "guard dog" goes, I've got a good one, a 90 lb Lab.
Not an attack dog but no one would know that heard him bark at night. But the night in question my dog was knocked out from pain pills and muscle relaxers perscribed for a herinated disc that ocurred that prior weekend. The irony .... dog passed out, perp no doubt wired up & me sleeping blissfully.

tiotomasbcs - 10-27-2012 at 10:21 AM

By the way, folks, I was just driving by the El Sol 2/ Las Brisas area when friends pointed out the new location of the Crack House. Cops had just driven by but the word is they don't do anything. This "community" service has been going on for years! Sorry to hear they are getting more brazen, Amigo- Point Dog. I keep Wasp/Hornet Spray by all doors. My Lab sleeps indoors. Hope your buddy recovers quickly. Suerte. Tio

[Edited on 10-27-2012 by tiotomasbcs]

DENNIS - 10-27-2012 at 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by pointdog
But the night in question my dog was knocked out from pain pills and muscle relaxers perscribed for a herinated disc that ocurred that prior weekend.

Well....that explains everything. It was your vet who was crawling through the window. Who else knew? :lol:

Lee - 10-27-2012 at 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by pointdog
LOL at some of the macho crap posted on Nomad.

I've given up trying to find macho crap posted by nomads on this thread.

I'd to know who they are though.

pointdog - 10-27-2012 at 11:31 AM

Well, you could start with the two sigs you added to your last post.
And a proof read before posting. Just saying .....

oladulce - 10-27-2012 at 12:47 PM

Holy crap Mr and Mrs Pointdog!!! Didn't realize this was you in the story. Now this really sucks.

Katiejay99 - 10-27-2012 at 04:29 PM

I have a friend who lives about a half mile from where this took place. About a month ago, she went to the beach, leaving her two dogs in the house. One is a full grown Shepherd and the other is a mix, but big as well. She knew she had a problem when she returned around 5pm and the dogs were outside. Yep, they took everything worth taking, but left the laptop.