BajaNomad

PEMEX

comitan - 10-27-2012 at 06:40 AM

Very interesting post from newspaper article, from another forum.
The secretary of economy, Bruno Ferrari, proposed that instead of gasoline having a fixed price, a maximum price would be fixed, and Pemex franchise holders could decide to sell at a price lower than maximum, to stimulate competition and better service to consumers.

Gas stations would be permitted to establish their own identity and use it so that the public could more easily recognize station A belonging to Franchise x and Station B owned by Franchise Y.

This proposal came about because the day before yesterday, a federal law went into effect saying that ALL gas pumps MUST have a special anti tampering software installed by PEMEX.

To help Profeco enforce the no tampering law, also changed is the current condition wherein a gas station can refuse to allow the pumps to be checked. If a gas station does not permit inspection, Profeco will alert Pemex, which now has the option of shutting down stations out of compliance.

DavidE - 10-27-2012 at 07:12 AM

This is great news, Comitan. Thank you for posting it.

Marc - 10-27-2012 at 07:17 AM

They will figure out a way to cheat.

You said it very well

thebajarunner - 10-27-2012 at 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Marc

My daddy always said
"Locks are to keep honest people honest"

the shady guy will always find a way around the system

Sandlefoot - 10-27-2012 at 08:57 AM

But at least the government sees a problem and has offered a solution. All solutions have holes, and I am sure some will find them and subvert the system again. BUT in the mean time it will work better then it does now. I see them making a real effort to fix a problem that has been around for a very long time. Now the real question. How long before the solution is in place and functioning?

J.P. - 10-27-2012 at 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Marc

CHEAT???? maybe - maybe not. I think it is about a 50/50 chance the consumer's inability to do the math and the agent cheating.

DENNIS - 10-27-2012 at 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sandlefoot
But at least the government sees a problem and has offered a solution.

Their solution is to control the conduct of the franchisee as well as controling the availability of inventory. Why don't they just take the stations back if they can't stand the loss of power.

vandenberg - 10-27-2012 at 09:11 AM

Aaaahh,
how I will miss for the attendant to be unable to put 23 liters into a 19 liter can, and, when called upon it, thrugging his shoulders and explaining that he doesn't own the station.
:P:biggrin::biggrin::lol::lol:

Too obvious

thebajarunner - 10-27-2012 at 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Originally posted by Sandlefoot
But at least the government sees a problem and has offered a solution.

Their solution is to control the conduct of the franchisee as well as controling the availability of inventory. Why don't they just take the stations back if they can't stand the loss of power.

That , my friend, is far too logical

Just like my post on protecting young med grads

Abuse em. Lose em

Too obvious