BajaNomad

GIANTS!!!

thebajarunner - 10-28-2012 at 09:21 PM

Baja needs to adopt our team,
cuz none of yours can measure up to our guys.

Even tho half the team is from Venezuela,
we still claim them
proud of them.

GO Giants- Tonight you rule all of the besbol world

Bajaboy - 10-28-2012 at 09:22 PM

Giants Suck!:yes:

you can watch all the football you want

captkw - 10-28-2012 at 09:40 PM

Me,I go to the beach and watch girls volleyball !!! call me stupid !!!:lol: K&T:cool:

How bout them Padres/Dodgers/Angels

thebajarunner - 10-28-2012 at 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajaboy
Giants Suck!:yes:

Let us know when your guys take two sweeps in three years!!!
Giants rule!

Skipjack Joe - 10-28-2012 at 10:02 PM

2 world series championships in 3 years. They're amazingly good.

They're expecting over a million people for the big parade on wednesday.

paul r - 10-28-2012 at 10:10 PM

...go giants!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hook - 10-29-2012 at 05:31 AM

Probably the most one-sided World Series I can remember. The Giants could do no wrong and the Tigers could do no right.

On a conventional day with normal wind conditions, the Tigers would have been shut out the last three games. Both Tiger HRs last night were simply wind-blown fly balls.

Congratulations to the Giants.

One thing really hit me, after watching the Giants over the last three years...........Bruce Boche is the best manager in baseball!!! What a masterful job!!!!!

Santiago - 10-29-2012 at 06:41 AM

Timmy, coming out of the bullpen, was damn good. Now if he can just carry it over the off-season....

Marc - 10-29-2012 at 06:45 AM

My youngest daughter was a high school classmate of Larry Baer's son. Larry is a really nice guy. They live down the road from us. He treated the entire school (small private) to a game last year.

DENNIS - 10-29-2012 at 07:26 AM

I can't even think of baseball when I'm so overwhelmed with Charger failure.
Gawd....talk about "suck.'

woody with a view - 10-29-2012 at 07:30 AM

^^^WORD!^^^

edit:

[Edited on 10-29-2012 by woody with a view]

images.jpg - 11kB

Skipjack Joe - 10-29-2012 at 07:40 AM

This team was better than the 2010 team.

For next year I would keep Scutaro("blockbuster") and Pagan and look for someone better than Pence.

Yes, Boche is a great manager. The best I've seen. You'd never guess at his ability by just hearing him talk. He seldom makes a mistake. Most managers change relievers after some damage is done. He forsees problems.

Ah, come on Dennis

thebajarunner - 10-29-2012 at 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
I can't even think of baseball when I'm so overwhelmed with Charger failure.
Gawd....talk about "suck.'

Share the joy with us folks up here, stranded in the bleakness of Alta California.
Then tune in tonight to see a real West Coast NFL team-
GO NINERS!!!

And, since we are friends, I give you permission to start rooting for our teams...

D

Martyman - 10-29-2012 at 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by captkw
Me,I go to the beach and watch girls volleyball !!! call me stupid !!!:lol: K&T:cool:

Uhhhh... it's baseball not football.

What a great run, Giants! I went to 4 playoff games (I'm 2-2). Very exciting and a great precursor to my TRIP TO BAJA THIS FRIDAY!

DENNIS - 10-29-2012 at 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by thebajarunner
And, since we are friends, I give you permission to start rooting for our teams...

D

Well...I did. There's not much about Detroit to be proud of these days and what's left of civilization in that city should be thanking the baseball Gawds that their team didn't win. Had they won, Detroit would be nothing but a pile of smoldering cinders and dead bodies by now.

I watched the entire series and it's been a long time since I 've had that much interest in baseball.

OK....GO NINERS.

BajaDixon - 10-29-2012 at 04:54 PM

So the San Diego Padre owner took Bruce Bochy out to lunch. He assumed that they were going to offer him a raise and an extension on his contract. Instead they told him to take a hike and that they wanted to go in a different direction! Well, they certainly went in a different direction alright. And as a Giant fan I couldn't be happier.

That said, San Diego is such a cool city- they deserve to have a good team. Hopefully new ownership will take over and run the club with the goal of winning rather than not spending money.