BajaNomad

Fees for Traffic Violations

Zapotec - 11-2-2012 at 12:02 PM

Crossed the Chaparral crossing and took like 7 minutes from the US to Baja.
Passed through Rosarito and Ensenada, both pretty much dead. Guess, everybody is at the Panteon.

Got a pamphlet from a Rosarito cop about "Zero Tolerance" for traffic violations, and the fees for the violations are: (Pesos)
Throwing trash: 311.
Polarized windows: 623.
No seat belt: 623.
No right of way to pedestrians: 623.
Exceeding speed limit: 934.
Not obeying traffic signals: 934.
Carrying an infant in your arms: 934.
Using cell, or texting: 1,246.
DUI: 1,869.

Bajaboy - 11-2-2012 at 12:05 PM

Throwing trash.....they could make millions:biggrin:

DENNIS - 11-2-2012 at 12:45 PM

These are Rosarito rules or what?

luv2fish - 11-2-2012 at 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Zapotec
Crossed the Chaparral crossing and took like 7 minutes from the US to Baja.
Passed through Rosarito and Ensenada, both pretty much dead. Guess, everybody is at the Panteon.

Got a pamphlet from a Rosarito cop about "Zero Tolerance" for traffic violations, and the fees for the violations are: (Pesos)
Throwing trash: 311.
Polarized windows: 623.
No seat belt: 623.
No right of way to pedestrians: 623.
Exceeding speed limit: 934.
Not obeying traffic signals: 934.
Carrying an infant in your arms: 934.
Using cell, or texting: 1,246.
DUI: 1,869.

I know your thread is about fines, however you mentioned crossing at the new chaparral crossing, and going to Rosarito. My question is this,how long is it now once you cross south bound until you get to the first toll booth at Playas?? And do you still take that road that travels along the border and up a very smelly hill ??? Kind of like untreated sewage on steroids...:coolup::coolup::coolup:

DENNIS - 11-2-2012 at 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by luv2fish
My question is this,how long is it now once you cross south bound until you get to the first toll booth at Playas?? And do you still take that road that travels along the border and up a very smelly hill ??? Kind of like untreated sewage on steroids...:coolup::coolup::coolup:

Time from gate to toll booth is pretty much the same as it was and, yes, you still go over the hill on the same road.
I just did it this AM.

David K - 11-2-2012 at 04:22 PM

Yah, you can almost smell Mexico before you see it! Of course it means good times are about to happen... I wish I was smelling Mexico now! ;)

DENNIS - 11-2-2012 at 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Yah, you can almost smell Mexico before you see it! Of course it means good times are about to happen... I wish I was smelling Mexico now! ;)

Mexico????? That malodorous aroma is from the treatment plant on the US side.

When

bajaguy - 11-2-2012 at 04:45 PM

Are they going to start enforcing those rules on Mexican plated cars/trucks???

DENNIS - 11-2-2012 at 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaguy
Are they going to start enforcing those rules on Mexican plated cars/trucks???

Most Mexicans in Rosarito drive expired California plated cars.....Los Chocolates.....as they are called.

woody with a view - 11-3-2012 at 07:39 AM

i love the smell of burning trash in the morning..... it smells like Mexico. and i mean that in a good way!

sancho - 11-3-2012 at 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by woody with a view
it smells like Mexico. and i mean that in a good way!

Seeing the brown hills of TJ as you approach,
then the almost smell of Mex, getting the green
light, anticipation builds, a little adreniline kicks
in with Mex traffic, I hope that feeling never leaves.
Those Calif plated clunkers driven in Mex, wasn't
there a plan that all vehicles driven in Baja by
Mexicans be required to have some form of
Insurance?

Alm - 11-14-2012 at 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by sancho
Quote:
it smells like Mexico. and i mean that in a good way!

I don't know what is good about the garbage smell, and the sight is equally appalling. Piles of trash in arrojos when driving through Tijuana and Ensenada; white Christmas decorations of toilet paper on shrubs and cacti trees along the highway; garbage on all landing spots acessible by water only (there you can also see piles of bottles after motor oil); stench of fish guts and human urine on fishing camps. There are very few laws that Mexican police is really enforcing, and littering is none of them, though they might come down on you if they think your wallet is worth their efforts.

Quote:
Originally posted by sancho
Those Calif plated clunkers driven in Mex, wasn't there a plan that all vehicles driven in Baja by
Mexicans be required to have some form of Insurance?

Plans, dreams... "Some" form of Mex registration - not insurance - is required, though. Chocolatas with Onapaffa sticker are allowed for 5 years, IIRC. Then, if it doesn't fall into narrow group of "importable" cars, they can't drive it. I guess it is then either chopped for parts or lives quietly in a small pueblo.

[Edited on 11-15-2012 by Alm]

whifffff

EdZeranski - 11-14-2012 at 07:32 PM

Quote:
i love the smell of burning trash in the morning..... it smells like Mexico. and i mean that in a good way!

Back on the old Hollywood Squares Paul Lind was asked "What attracted the Conquistadors to Mexico?" His answer was "The aroma".

EdZ

Marc - 11-20-2012 at 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K

I call it "Eau de Mexico"