BajaNomad

Todos Santos Oct 2012

woody with a view - 11-9-2012 at 05:37 PM

Todos Santos Oct 2012
Bia and I flew into Cabo on a Saturday night and grabbed the rental car. We were waiting on Pete and Annie to arrive at 8:30 pm from Chicago. Suddenly there they were and we were off. Our Amigo (Alec, BFS on Nomad) had given me directions to his place in Todos Santos but not having ever driven the road before, let's just say my passengers were skeptical we were ever going to find it. We had dinner at the Barajas Carnitas taco shop before heading up the hill to find our place for the next week, Casa Rancho – www.CasaRancho.net . We met up with Alec and then hit the sack as it was pretty arduous driving in the dark following Mex 19 to a place I'd never been and then actually finding my way through the winding dirt roads above town!!!

The next day we hit Punta Lobos to get some fish from the pangueros but much to our surprise there was a party happening on the beach as part of the annual town fiesta. No fish for sale as it was all going to be cooked up and shared amongst the partiers. The Tecate tent was serving them up COLD and the
music was pumping.

The next day I borrowed a board from Alec and headed out to Pastora. Our little car met its match when we reached the Mother Of All Mud Holes. Knowing when to say when I was bummed as we were about 1 mile from the surf and I wasn't going to make the girls walk. As we sat there trying to imagine a line through the mud a truck was coming up behind us and it turned out to be Alec!!! Woo-HOO! After a mad scramble we piled into his truck and were at the beach in a few minutes. Alec and I surfed for a couple of hours and then we all headed home. That was the day before Hurricane Paul blew through. Paul dumped buckets of rain over night and through the morning. We stayed in for the day and made sushi rolls and just hung out and unwound.

We had planned to fish on Tuesday but Hurricane Paul closed the marina.... After some phone calls we rescheduled with JC Sportfishing and got on the water Friday morning. Bia had just had rotator cuff surgery 2 weeks prior so it was sorta comical with her in the chair reeling and me pumping the rod (fishing pole!) standing behind her. We managed 2 Dorado and saw a couple of sail fish but couldn't get their attention. It was a beautiful day on the water to say the least.

Prolly the best meal we've had in a long time was at La Casita (at the stop light in Todos) with Alec and Diana. We ordered Tapas style and the chef just kept bringing out the good food. It was incredible! Pete, Annie and Diana having a good time.

Saturday we packed our bags and flew our separate ways. Good times! A big Thanks to Alec and Diana for allowing us to invade their beautiful piece of paradise!

Hey Dennis, if you are in Cabo and want some good Chinese food ask around for this place. It wasn't open when we went by but if the food is half as good as the name it must be awesome!

[Edited on 11-10-2012 by woody with a view]

DENNIS - 11-9-2012 at 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by woody with a view
Hey Dennis, if you are in Cabo and want some good Chinese food ask around for this place. It wasn't open when we went by but if the food is half as good as the name it must be awesome!

Thanks, Woody. Someone posted that pic, or one just like it, a few days back and, needless to say, I was impressed.
I'm glad you found the place. It' must be a shrine of sorts.
Thanks for the fotos. Looks like another good trip.

woody with a view - 11-9-2012 at 05:59 PM

That was me posted the foto and yes, another fun time was had by all....

Curt63 - 11-9-2012 at 06:23 PM

Looks like Good Times! Nice Dodo. Too bad about the storm.

Udo - 11-9-2012 at 07:41 PM

Thanks for the superb report, Woody!

One of these days we'll figger out how we can hook up to get you Chinese fishing float.

Bajaboy - 11-9-2012 at 08:11 PM

Looks like fun amigo. I'm starting my countdown.....

motoged - 11-10-2012 at 12:19 AM

b-tchin' :cool:

Terry28 - 11-10-2012 at 05:15 PM

Pretty sweet when you can surf in 80 degree water......

woody with a view - 11-10-2012 at 06:28 PM

it was b-tchin, surfing in 84 degree water.... tis been many decades as you can see. PANZA and all!

cuando quiera

BFS - 11-12-2012 at 10:40 AM

Hey, you guys are welcome anytime.
It was pleasure hanging with you and hopefully next time will be without a storm dumping on us.
Have a great autumn up norte...

woody with a view - 11-12-2012 at 10:42 AM

Thanks Bud! Same to you and Diana.