BajaNomad

We Have a New Fur Baby **UPDATE**

Gypsy Jan - 11-14-2012 at 07:23 PM

Hubs has been so concerned about our thirteen-year-old Rottie's health issues. He has seen the handwriting on the wall and it scares him.

Today, our vet called and said, "I have two three-week old Rottie pups from AKC registered parents, it was a litter of eight and the mother stopped feeding the last two. Do you want one?"

To his credit, he asked me for my input, but how could I say no? His heart was showing in his eyes and voice when he did the asking.

The new fur baby is home and has eaten dinner and fallen asleep in her crate.

[Edited on 11-15-2012 by Gypsy Jan]

bigjohn - 11-14-2012 at 07:26 PM

Nothing quite like a Rott pup, the little bear!

Zapotec - 11-14-2012 at 07:34 PM

They are just so cute. Three weeks!!!! Do you have to feed it with a doll bottle? And do you have to massage the tummy so that it will pee & poop? A friend got a puppy that was 2 weeks old, and had to do these things, but it was well worth it. Congratulations on your new family member.

The New Puppy is Weaned

Gypsy Jan - 11-14-2012 at 07:52 PM

She ate some wet food and drank some water for dinner.

When I left her in her crate, she started squeaking. I came back and put my hand on her and she stopped. After about ten minutes, she fell asleep and she is asleep now.

Paulina - 11-14-2012 at 11:41 PM

It is just not right to make a post such as this one without adding photos!

Congratulations on your new addition.

P>*)))>{

Mulegena - 11-15-2012 at 07:05 AM

Thanks, Ms. Gypsy!!

May she brighten the days left for your older, precious dog.
Even tho' she's taking food from a bowl, are you still giving her milk replacement?

What a nice post to read today just before I go out the door to this year's first PAW veterinary clinic which serves Mulege during the winter months.

And yes, where's the pictures? We want photos of your little girl!

Bajagato - 11-15-2012 at 09:13 AM

Pictures please

Bubba - 11-15-2012 at 09:13 AM

Awesome! Nothing better than a brand new pup!

Her Brother is Available

Gypsy Jan - 11-15-2012 at 02:41 PM

She is doing well on dog puppy formula fed by bottle and ground up dog food slurry.

She has a brother who is also looking for a home. The breeder doesn't like the people who want to adopt him and called us, wanting us to take him as well, but, sheesh, the last day with one new puppy in a house full of adult dogs have been an overload of emotion and activity.

Please help the little boy puppy find a good home.

Post here or U2U me and I will hook you up.

Thanks, GJ