BajaNomad

The Hindsight Threads: got one?

Hook - 11-22-2012 at 07:13 PM

Well, the reemergence of the Playa Buenaventura thread got me thinking that that thread might eventually become the most viewed and/or replied-to thread in the history of the Nomad board. How ironic that it affects so few Nomads directly.

Yes, it's hard to look away from a train wreck.........

Anyway, I went to the Stats link at the top of the Nomads forum pages to see where Playa Buenaventura is at in the "standings"........and I found other interesting threads that became a real "Hey, remember when?" experience.

Which led to the idea for this thread. How about posting the links to some past memorable threads where you are left with a real "hindsight is 20/20" experience? A real, "Gawd, if we had only known" thing. It could be very entertaining......happy endings and sad endings. Threads like the euphoria and the despair over Santa Rosalillita and the Escalera Nautica.

I'll start with one. "Only" six pages to pour through.

Remember this one? There were others on this same subject, but this one was the easiest to find, as it appears in the "standings" for the five most viewed topics in the history of Nomads. I read this one through and wondered what some of the posters are saying now. Even jrbaja is in this thread.

What is going on there, now?

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=9072

[Edited on 11-23-2012 by Hook]

DENNIS - 11-22-2012 at 07:27 PM

WOW...DK lived in Fresno. THat explains almost everything. :light:

It's too late in the day to be thinking. I'll give this some thought tomorrow although I'm thinking some of our immigration threads will be fun to ressurect.

Hook - 11-22-2012 at 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
WOW...DK lived in Fresno. THat explains almost everything. :light:

Whoa, I initially missed that. That's some real hindsight juju.:biggrin:

Maybe he WAS searching for lost missions in the Bakersfield area, at one time. :lol:

windgrrl - 11-23-2012 at 06:30 AM

Quote:

What is going on there, now?

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=9072

Strange you should ask - this article appeared Nov. 19th...
Loreto Bay 6 Years Later

Hook - 11-23-2012 at 06:57 AM

It's difficult to get an idea of how many homes are completed and how many are living there, from the article. Rather short on details, long on the human determination angle.

Boy, if the homeowners have managed to get somewhat of a community going, that's pretty impressive.

JR was really SkiBaja

thebajarunner - 11-23-2012 at 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by soulpatch
Christ, the resurrection of JR....
haha, I got to use two of the most revered(or reviled depending on your leanings) names in the same sentence!:saint:

How is that for hindsight?

Hook - 11-23-2012 at 03:28 PM

From that same thread, whatever happened to RandyMac/So? I never could understand any of his/her posts. Like they were on a different plane or something.