BajaNomad

Fishing Asuncion

acadist - 11-25-2012 at 08:40 AM

Fished yesterday with Juan and Cooty in Asuncion with the boys

Started the morning with a nice dorado and then moved on to a couple of smaller yellowtail. Things slowed and we went to Juan's bass hole and had a blast watching the boys catch more fish than we could count, some nice keepers!

Afterwards kept looking for the big fish for nada. The closest we came was the last stop while jigging for yellowtail saw another dorado swim right by the boat. In the morning we saw a group of whales and in the afternoon saw a huge pod of dolphins, many birds and lots of bait in the water, just no big bite.
Great day on the water with the boys, Tomas at Loncherias Maria did a great job on the dorado and on to La Paz to fish tomorrow!

woody with a view - 11-25-2012 at 08:42 AM

sweet!

shari - 11-25-2012 at 10:00 AM

cool that AJ got the 2 for 1 deal on bass for his birthday! It was great seeing you all again even though it was a quickie! Have a great time in La Paz.

By the way, you guys got the first tuna of the season...they were big eye tuna, not yellowfin....but still....

Pacifico - 11-25-2012 at 10:07 AM

Nice! Sounds like you are heading south fishing several places?

Bajaboy - 11-25-2012 at 06:47 PM

nice bumping into you last night....safe travels.

Zac

Big Eye

BajaDanD - 11-25-2012 at 07:41 PM

Tuna, What the?? Big Eye, What the?? Where was I???Damn

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
cool that AJ got the 2 for 1 deal on bass for his birthday! It was great seeing you all again even though it was a quickie! Have a great time in La Paz.

By the way, you guys got the first tuna of the season...they were big eye tuna, not yellowfin....but still....

Hook - 11-25-2012 at 08:10 PM

He got Big Eye and didnt post the pics or the account? :?:

Are those barred sand bass? Very different looking that the ones I used to catch in SoCal. Never seen the dorsal fins lay down like that, while hanging from the hook.

Zapotec - 11-26-2012 at 09:55 AM

Great photos. I was there fishing just last week. Loved it.

thebajarunner - 11-26-2012 at 04:34 PM

Greatest day of fishing I ever had was a Sunday that Shari lined us up with one of her compadres and we went out and caught 5 and 10 pound "white fish" until we got tired of pulling them in.
7 of us caught a boatload,
then our skipper took all the fish home and his wife made huge bowls of ceviche and we brought many bottles of California grape and hooooeyyyy what a day (and night)
Gave fish to the neighbors, cooked more for two days at camp
Awesome!!!