BajaNomad

New Sams Club Ensenada, that is right a New Sams Club Ensenada will open on Dec 14 Walmart is taking over Mexico, and that...

Bruce R Leech - 11-27-2012 at 08:21 PM

that is right a New Sams Club Ensenada will open on Dec 14:lol::lol:

[Edited on 12-2-2012 by Bruce R Leech]

DENNIS - 11-27-2012 at 09:48 PM

Where?

bajadock - 11-28-2012 at 08:53 AM

I guess the next step must be Outlet Malls here.

bajaguy - 11-28-2012 at 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Where?

Reforma, west side, south of Esmeralda

lizard lips - 11-28-2012 at 09:27 AM

WHATS NEXT? :mad:

bajaguy - 11-28-2012 at 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by lizard lips

Red Lobster......:lol:

mtgoat666 - 11-28-2012 at 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by lizard lips

in-n-out burgers, i hope!

Bruce R Leech - 11-30-2012 at 01:09 PM

sams club video:O
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v...

MsTerieus - 11-30-2012 at 05:03 PM

I want Trader Joe's! (Or Trader Jose's.)

¡Hijole!"

DavidE - 11-30-2012 at 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bruce R Leech
that is right a New Sams Club Ensenada will open on Dec 14:lol::lol:

[Edited on 11-28-2012 by Bruce R Leech]

BEEG BOX CRISTÁL Y MOTA!

comitan - 11-30-2012 at 05:57 PM

They will have a tough time competing with Costco.

Udo - 11-30-2012 at 06:07 PM

For the most part, Wiley, they seem to carry similar products but also unique to their brand.
I have had to retain both memberships just to buy the items we regularly use.

I think that once we move South, I'll probably cancel one or the other.
I won't know until I visit each one.
If I had to choose now, I would chose Sam's club.

I neglected to mention...Sam's in Ensenada's location is fairly centrally located.

[Edited on 12-1-2012 by Udo]

tiotomasbcs - 11-30-2012 at 06:21 PM

I think Wiley is trying to tell ya... Cabo..Sams's sucks! And La Paz Sam's sucks!! Walmart is OK but I/we prefer LP Walmart over the Cabo store for many reasons. Costco is a little expensive but gets your fix. Very busy whereas Walmart/Cabo is fullo of locals who don't hqve our tastes. Even the new Ch, Ch ch in La Paz sucks, IMO. Cabo is much better! Like the3 old days, you need to shop 3-4 wstores to get everything?! Tio

Hook - 11-30-2012 at 06:39 PM

Sam's in Mexico or the US, cant hold a candle to Costco. This is no great cause for celebration for you Ensenadians, if you have a Costco.

I have a Sams card because we have a Sams and Wally, side by side only 20 minutes away. There ARE products that both carry. Almost without exception, the Sam's tends to be EXACTLY 5% cheaper on the item. So, if it is an item that you would buy regularly, it might be worth the dues.

Some items that Sam's carries that we can get nowhere else are jumbo jars of dijon mustard from (gulp) France and NY Deli Co. English muffins and bagels.

A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do................

willardguy - 11-30-2012 at 06:48 PM

how much for a sams card? I just read costco card is 450 pesos now.

comitan - 11-30-2012 at 07:02 PM

I have a Sams & Costco card, with Sams Just down the road but in the next month or so I will drive the 100miles to Cabo Costco for items that nobody else down here has.

Bruce R Leech - 11-30-2012 at 07:35 PM

it is 450 or about the same as cosco

sams club video

LaTijereta - 12-1-2012 at 06:02 AM

I just renewed my Sam's Club card in La Paz.. $450, but they give you a $100 gift card at checkout.. The whole process makes it much cheeper than renewal in the the US ($45.00 for renewal)..
I think the Sam's Club in La Paz has gotten a lot better over the last year.. beats anything we have in Loreto...

Bruce R Leech - 12-1-2012 at 08:12 AM

they are selling them for 350 here up to opening, then going up to 450

sams club video

Sam's Club Military card

bajaguy - 12-1-2012 at 08:29 AM

Bring your DD-214 or military ID card to a Sam's Club in the States, join as a military member. $35 membership (includes spouse), plus you get a $15 Sam's gift card.

Accepted at the new Sam's Club here in Ensenada

[Edited on 12-1-2012 by bajaguy]

Bruce R Leech - 12-1-2012 at 09:19 AM

thanks bajaguy I did not know that:light:

sams club video

willardguy - 12-1-2012 at 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaguy
Bring your DD-214 or military ID card to a Sam's Club in the States, join as a military member. $35 membership (includes spouse), plus you get a $15 Sam's gift card.

Accepted at the new Sam's Club here in Ensenada

[Edited on 12-1-2012 by bajaguy]
to be clear, before you go running down to sams club clutching your DD-214, this is only valid for active and retired military.:(

durrelllrobert - 12-1-2012 at 10:25 AM

I was surprised to see that Puerto Penasco (Rocky Point), that has apopulation less than 10,000 (I think) has a Sam's Club, but no Costco, and instead of a WalMart they have the smaller scale Bodega Aurrerá.

DavidE - 12-1-2012 at 09:14 PM

I have found the Bodega Aurréra in Lázaro Cárdenas, Michoacán to sell the identical item for significantly less than either Wal-Mart or Sam's Club. I haven't got a clue, why this is.

(Costco Morelia Michoacan)
"Why does this same exact model flat screen television sell for three hundred twelve dollars in the Tucson, Arizona COSTCO, and seven thousand seven hundred pesos here in Morelia COSTCO?

"Well, this isn't the United States"

Bruce R Leech - 12-1-2012 at 09:27 PM

yes the Bodega Aurréra here is the same

Alm - 12-2-2012 at 11:42 AM

I could never justify the expense of Costco or Good Sam's membership. If Walmart had any membership, I would've put it in the same "bin", so to speak. Very rarely buy anything there, and often regret when I do. About two thousand years go - I think - it was Diogenes that said that most people wasted their lives acquiring things they didn’t need instead of the knowledge they so obviously did :) ...

DavidE - 12-2-2012 at 02:44 PM

Some things are hard to find elsewhere, like a freakin' can opener that does more than crease the lid, and a potato peeler that doesn't merely shine the skin. Good bedding is scarce and Mexican mattresses are superb for laying on them and counting, yeah, keep track, every gosh darnmned spring in them. Want chocolate cake al la charcoal, use a Mexican oven. Want silverware you can bend between your thumb and forefinger. Want mayonnaise with @#$%^&! lemon juice? Ketchup that tastes remarkably like tomato sauce, a seven dollar jar of pickles (Mexicans hate 'em), or Varta now you see it now you don't batteries? Well stay out of the big box stores. Mexicanos are some of the savviest shoppers I've ever encountered.

bajaguy - 12-2-2012 at 02:48 PM

You should see the COSTCO, Home Depot and Wal-Mart parking lots and check-out stands on a Sunday in Ensenada.....packed!!!! Think that Sam's Club will do well also.

willardguy - 12-2-2012 at 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DavidE
Some things are hard to find elsewhere, like a freakin' can opener that does more than crease the lid, and a potato peeler that doesn't merely shine the skin. Good bedding is scarce and Mexican mattresses are superb for laying on them and counting, yeah, keep track, every gosh darnmned spring in them. Want chocolate cake al la charcoal, use a Mexican oven. Want silverware you can bend between your thumb and forefinger. Want mayonnaise with @#$%^&! lemon juice? Ketchup that tastes remarkably like tomato sauce, a seven dollar jar of pickles (Mexicans hate 'em), or Varta now you see it now you don't batteries? Well stay out of the big box stores. Mexicanos are some of the savviest shoppers I've ever encountered.
LOL, they do sell some crap here dont they? small wonder mexicans are scrambling to buy american!

J.P. - 12-2-2012 at 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by willardguy
Quote:
Originally posted by DavidE
LOL, they do sell some crap here dont they? small wonder mexicans are scrambling to buy american!

It's hard to find anything American other than the shoppers in the Costco or Walmart here, has to to with some law if the make it in Mexico they have to sell it.

Feathers - 12-2-2012 at 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MsTerieus
I want Trader Joe's! (Or Trader Jose's.)

Me, too!:yes: