BajaNomad

Valle de Guadalupe VIP Tour

bajadock - 12-1-2012 at 10:33 AM

The Valle de Guadalupe VIP Tour on Turkey Eve, 21 Nov 2012, included 7 wine tasters, 3 vehicles, 5 wineries and great grape juice during a 12 hour tour.

I was desperate to find wineries available on a Wednesday during the off-season month of November. Most wineries are only open for wine tastings on weekends this time of year. My email inquiry not only was answered, it was showered with this special event opportunity. Thanks to new friends Sitara, Ariana, Abby and Alejandro for welcoming Stephanie, Rich and me to explore Baja’s wineries with them....

Vinicola Retorno

Cuatro Cuatros and its view of Salsipuedes

Spaceship Alximia

Nubes perch above the valley

Vena Cava and Corazon de Tierra

more photos and details on the 5 wineries

TMW - 12-1-2012 at 11:34 AM

Excellent, thanks.

Nubes

bajaguy - 12-1-2012 at 11:45 AM

Doc.........any charge for the tasting at Nubes?????....also did you eat there or happen to look at the menu???

DENNIS - 12-1-2012 at 12:30 PM

Didn't they pay their CFE bill? The place is depressingly dark.

Santiago - 12-1-2012 at 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaguy
Doc.........any charge for the tasting at Nubes?????....also did you eat there or happen to look at the menu???

BG:Early Oct tasting a flight of 4 was $200mn and of 5, $250. We didn't see any food being served or a kitchen. Outstanding views.

Santiago - 12-1-2012 at 02:32 PM

OOPS, I think that was $100 and @120 each - I was thinking per couple.

bajadock - 12-1-2012 at 03:07 PM

BG, what Santiago said about a typical degustacion price at Nubes. But, I did spot the kitchen to the right and behind the tasting table. Guessing the food prep is for specially arranged fiestas.

As mentioned in my full review, off-season provides staffing and inventory challenges. Always best to call and ask/reserve a tasting. Bring a group and you can arrange for a full tour of bodegas.

Heck, bring your own bread, cheese and meat. Share your food with your host and you'll be certain to score fair pours and better tastings. BYO water bottle is also a good idea.

Nubes had the best wine tasting I have enjoyed in V d G. The view from the tasting room is grand.

[Edited on 12-1-2012 by bajadock]

Leo - 12-2-2012 at 10:38 AM

Nice selection. Going to try some of those on my way back next spring. Thanks for sharing the info.