BajaNomad

Lucky Rider in the Baja 1K

DianaT - 12-2-2012 at 05:47 PM

Lucky that some Bahia Asuncion fans were there to help.

Helping a very tired motorcycle rider

He is lucky because those other vehicles were not far behind and would not have known he was there.

The video was taken by a friend, Saul Mendoza and he, his sons and friends are always ready to help and they love the offroad races.

Saul's two sons are in the group BA photo. His boys race in local races when their motorcycles are not in need of repair. Not an inexpensive sport for the locals.

Thought you race fans would enjoy seeing this.

Saul also took some great night photos of many of the vehicles.

On edit --- BTW for BA property owners, besides working for SAPA, Saul is also a very good electrician, plumber, and roofer --- we have hired him for all of this. Besides, he has a great sense of humor and is a lot of fun to be around while he is working and at social gatherings.

[Edited on 12-3-2012 by DianaT]

Marc - 12-2-2012 at 06:51 PM

Looks like fun

tunaeater - 12-2-2012 at 09:44 PM

Very cool! I saw that bike at the start. I hope he made it

Ateo - 12-3-2012 at 08:53 AM

I think I saw him at El Arco. If it was him, I remember him taking a break and giving him a granola bar.

805gregg - 12-3-2012 at 07:35 PM

That's a lot better than digging a trench and robbing him after he crashes, like in some areas.

DianaT - 12-3-2012 at 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by 805gregg
That's a lot better than digging a trench and robbing him after he crashes, like in some areas.

I can assure you that this group would never be involved in anything like that --- never.