BajaNomad

Does THIS qualify???? (ASUNCION FISHING REPORT)

shari - 12-4-2012 at 04:37 PM

Doe this qualify as a sh*t eating grin??? I do think it does!

John picked a picture perfect day to fish and they got easy limits of quality yellowtail in the 20-30 lb range...air temps in the 80's, water temp 70, a light breeze and swell going down, fish getting bigger every week..yeah baby!

Ms. Birddog was also real proud of her catch...as usual, she caught the biggest fish.

being in a wheelchair doesnt stop Louis...birddog's dad...from hauling in some big yellowtail...they had a great day with Capt. Juan pulling on fish.

there are still dorado around as well...these guys limited out on dorado and yellowtail quick and easy.

It's always fun when someone catches their first yellowtail...like Ed did...he was so stoked!

I cant imagine how many pounds of sashimi I have sliced in the last couple weeks!!!

the fishing just gets better and better every week...the Christmas crowd are gonna be thrilled!

rdrrm8e - 12-4-2012 at 04:41 PM

:bounce: You are killin' me....!

castaway$ - 12-4-2012 at 04:52 PM

Only a few more days, save a couple for us to pull on.

Udo - 12-4-2012 at 05:02 PM

Very short fishing runs for Juan, huh Shari?

Our turn is coming in a couple of weeks!

shari - 12-4-2012 at 05:24 PM

Udo...we are not divulging where the new secret spot is!!! your time will come amigo and the fish will be even bigger then so ya better start working out dude!

Lee - 12-4-2012 at 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
Udo...we are not divulging where the new secret spot is!!! your time will come amigo and the fish will be even bigger then so ya better start working out dude!

Think this qualifies as the ''good life'', too. If you like fish, you'd never go hungry.

willardguy - 12-4-2012 at 06:39 PM

nice tails! for perspective check out this hurricane bank cow put on yesterday aboard the excel. taped out at 410!

David K - 12-4-2012 at 06:44 PM

Shari... does it ever end? Your location is on the edge of the honey hole of the Pacific! Juan Arce has to be the region's top fishing guide, as well!!!

Well Done you two!!

4baja - 12-4-2012 at 07:03 PM

his teeth wern't brown.

shari - 12-4-2012 at 07:19 PM

size isnt everything willardguy!!! mooooooooo

willardguy - 12-4-2012 at 07:21 PM

thats always been my saying!:rolleyes:

BajaParrothead - 12-4-2012 at 07:42 PM

Seems like 400# yellowfins were unheard of until the past couple of years. Nice to see a fishery producing those kind of poundages.:bounce:

Shari, those tails look like plenty of fun and delicious too!

SHARI !!

captkw - 12-4-2012 at 07:45 PM

Hola, nic pics !! do you know what most or all were caught on/with ??? I use a few standard jigs and trolling broken backs if no easy bait is around...any hot "Ticket" for your area????................And on the cow from the "EXXCEL" I can hear it in the boat galley...would you like your mercury as a side dish with that ,,sir??? :lol:

Skipjack Joe - 12-4-2012 at 07:57 PM

Shari,

Are they also picking up the smaller gamefish like bonito and barracuda?

willardguy - 12-4-2012 at 08:00 PM

well yeah but, with a fish that big you can pick out the shiny parts, and sell em to the gold rush guys!

durrelllrobert - 12-4-2012 at 08:11 PM

Quote:

I cant imagine how many pounds of sashimi I have sliced in the last couple weeks!!!

What's that red stuff in the middle? You can't eat sashimi without soy sauce and wasabi.

[Edited on 12-5-2012 by durrelllrobert]

I sea !!

captkw - 12-4-2012 at 08:55 PM

looks to me the bowl just hasnt had the soy poured in..I sea Little (small) daps of wasabi...Looks like some one needs to bring down for Shari,, the ginger,seaweed leafs,and a roller thinga ma jing ...once you eat like this (FRESH) your never go into a suchi bar !! at least I cant/wont...K&T:cool:

[Edited on 12-5-2012 by captkw]

Udo - 12-5-2012 at 08:31 AM

Jana and I went vegetarian (mostly) and lost 18 lbs, Jana lost only 5. At I am svelte and needing to wear belts.

BRING ON THE FISH!

Quote:

shari - 12-5-2012 at 09:02 AM

actually cptkw...that is my ever so popular....secret sashimi sauce. I shall tell you what is in it but know that I will have to come and....well...you know.

soy sauce, mayo, lime, garlic, sesame oil and VOILA...magico!

IGOR...yes, there are lots of bonita, some barracuda as well as skipjack and small big eye tuna...and you dont have to go far!

[Edited on 12-5-2012 by shari]

Pacifico - 12-5-2012 at 09:33 AM

Nice catch, Shari! Tell John I say "hello"!

BajaBlanca - 12-5-2012 at 10:53 AM

wow ! those pics are so beautiful and the smiles: priceless!

boe4fun - 12-5-2012 at 10:57 AM

Shari, It is a sh*t eating grin - if sh*t translates to sashimi!!

shari - 12-5-2012 at 02:12 PM

a note to all of you coming down for the holiday season...please bring lots of gallon zip lock bags...we're all out as are the stores!

castaway$ - 12-5-2012 at 05:26 PM

Will do, glad you said that and I like the positive thinking;D