BajaNomad

12/21/2012. MAYANS? DOOMSDAY? JUST CURIOUS....

M - 12-9-2012 at 04:08 PM

I have not had time to investigate and see if this has come up, but, the diversity of opinions and thought leave me intigued.

So far, predictions of natural, cultural and political changes, seem to be making that date, a very freal possibility. In fact, Many of the simple things that can destroy us as a whole, have already been coming to frutition.

Look at bees and the impact they have. No polination, no crops. Simple, yet, there is a bug, a virus, a mite, that is killing off the honeybee population as we speak. Beekeepers now must be HIRED, to do what nature used to quietly provide for free.

Just as one small, un-thought of consequence to our, 'progress' and pollution.

The Mayans say, a natural devestation of flood will end the world, as did in Noas day. Probably, maybe, who really knows?

Not to spend time I don't have to express further my thoughts, I ask yours.

WHAT is going to happen 12/21? WHERE will YOU be?

Hugs, M

David K - 12-9-2012 at 04:16 PM

I am still wondering what happened on 12-1-12 in that we didn' t see you and no word from you in the thread. Ken Cooke and I took photos but you were not in them... You were missed! ;)

vgabndo - 12-9-2012 at 05:56 PM

It seems to me that any culture which could develop such a calendar might very consciously have said: "2012 is plenty for now, its a pain chiseling this rock ". "When our descendants run out of years they can carve another one!"

Any other interpretation, in my judgement, falls in the category of Palm Reading, and Astrology.

Evidence for a self-fulfilling component in the 'end of days' scenario promoted by God, One Nation Under, is becoming less easy to ignore. Polls tell us that 50% of Americans think they are going away to Heaven in a flash of light, in-their-lifetimes! How can I be expected to believe that their contribution to my culture will include a concern for the future?

They've been counting on the holy war their dogma has helped ignite.

I think it is only a coincidence that the timing coincides with the ultimate fall out from man's careless destruction of our environment, climate change, post peak oil, over-population, and this compounded by massive violent religious hatred.

As far as Noah's flood is concerned, I finally found the information I read decades ago about the work of the Glomar Challenger in the Mediterranean Sea. (1975)

They showed that the Med. had dried-up and re-flooded half dozen times, as recently as 600,000 years ago. This is very likely the origin of the MANY flood legends in that region.

http://corior.blogspot.com/2006/02/part-10-mediterranean-was...

edit= 1975

[Edited on 12-10-2012 by vgabndo]

BajaNomad - 12-9-2012 at 06:02 PM

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=64081

No clue myself

captkw - 12-9-2012 at 06:13 PM

been reading and watching all kinds of crazy on YOU TUBE....But Its true about the alignment of the planets for the first time in many years......we will all know soon!!..K&T

woody with a view - 12-9-2012 at 06:19 PM

those planets align all the time....

I did not study this much

captkw - 12-9-2012 at 06:25 PM

but the chance of all the planets aligning is very rare....I know little about this and from what I've been reading this is going to be like the first time in 30K years...but I have been wrong before..(1st wife)....any links ????....K&T

woody with a view - 12-9-2012 at 06:27 PM

http://www.nasa.gov/topics/earth/features/2012.html

scroll down to Q: #5

Q: Could planets align in a way that impacts Earth?

A: There are no planetary alignments in the next few decades and even if these alignments were to occur, their effects on the Earth would be negligible. One major alignment occurred in 1962, for example, and two others happened during 1982 and 2000. Each December the Earth and sun align with the approximate center of the Milky Way Galaxy but that is an annual event of no consequence.

Woody,,all

captkw - 12-9-2012 at 06:33 PM

Thanks woody...I saw that somewhere else too ! but we are talking NASA=NEVER A STRAIGHT ANSWER !!!:lol: K&T:lol:

woody with a view - 12-9-2012 at 06:34 PM

it's your doomsday, party like it's 1999!

I'll be working !!

captkw - 12-9-2012 at 06:41 PM

oops!! wrong avatar!!

[Edited on 12-10-2012 by captkw]

vandenberg - 12-9-2012 at 08:36 PM

Talked to our local soothsayer, and "We're doomed"

Paula - 12-9-2012 at 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by vandenberg
Talked to our local soothsayer, and "We're doomed"

Since we are practically neighbors I want to know who our local soothsayer is?!?

12/21/12

BajaDanD - 12-9-2012 at 10:43 PM

Where does anything say that the mayans say a natural devestation of will end the world.
The mayans made a calender with a begining and an end thats all doesnt say how. Mayans believe its just the end of a cycle and a begining of another.
That being said Im filling my gas tanks and making sure my generater works the day before.

Quote:
Originally posted by M

The Mayans say, a natural devestation of flood will end the world, as did in Noas day. Probably, maybe, who really knows?

Not to spend time I don't have to express further my thoughts, I ask yours.

WHAT is going to happen 12/21? WHERE will YOU be?

Hugs, M