BajaNomad

Led flashlights

captkw - 12-9-2012 at 06:58 PM

Hola,, as a LED fan for a very long time I bought a new LED flashlight today !!!!! WOW....talk about a GREAT light a px25 made by COASTportland.com....This is a bad a$$ little light !!! Nomads might check them out !!! not cheap,,but I dont get impressed with many lights as I install and upgrade many light systems on boats and trailers..this light is SWEET and Im going to order some bigger ones to shine on the space station...K&T....ps clean,powerful white light!!!!

[Edited on 12-10-2012 by captkw]

woody with a view - 12-9-2012 at 07:02 PM

yeah, i bought a new one for night diving at san clemente island and can't believe the output. $60 later but i ain't complaining....

http://www.sportchalet.com/product/300362_torras.do?keyword=...

[Edited on 12-10-2012 by woody with a view]

[Edited on 12-10-2012 by BajaNomad]

COSTCO

bajaguy - 12-9-2012 at 07:14 PM

COSTCO has a 3 pack of LED flashlights. 3A batteries, has a high/lo setting and a flashing "strobe" mode.....$18 for a 3 pack.

LED flashlight

captkw - 12-9-2012 at 07:16 PM

Woody,,this light is amazing..3 AAA'S and is rated at230 Lumens and is built with love...gold contacts ,, recessed lense (no scracth's) brighter than my bigger MAGS in a little package.....I've paid for and installed a lot of LED'S and use lights in my bizz underneth helms,,heads,,engines,,etc....myself am more than impressed with this light and have had alot of led flashlights......COASTportland.com........as a consultant on many systems..I give this company a high standard and Yes it's new to me but I do not think 2 years fom now I will say I have had problems with their products...K&T:cool:

woody with a view - 12-9-2012 at 07:21 PM

that's cool Capt but they don't say "water resistant/proof" anywhere on their site.

i'm happy with mine.

Bajaguy, home depot sells those headband type led lites for about the same price. they are great for their intended uses.

Islandbuilder - 12-9-2012 at 07:21 PM

I have several of those Costco LED lights around the boat. They go through batteries pretty fast, and having to click them off three times as it works it's way through it's functions is frustrating. If they had a simple on-off switch they would be lots easier to use.

That said, when they have fresh batteries, they are great flashlights!

Uhhh,,OK

captkw - 12-9-2012 at 07:24 PM

I have no cat in this....but they are water res.and they dont claim w/proof.....best that I've seen so far on the market !! this light has a simple on/off not the 3 pos. crap...

woody with a view - 12-9-2012 at 07:35 PM

i looked at their Tactical lites and nowhere did they say water resistant. i can dive to 20 feet and i think i need a real dive lite. the lumens give me a chubby tho!

bajaguy - 12-9-2012 at 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by woody with a view
that's cool Capt but they don't say "water resistant/proof" anywhere on their site.

i'm happy with mine.

Bajaguy, home depot sells those headband type led lites for about the same price. they are great for their intended uses.

Hey, Woodster, Target has some LED headlights for $5. I have a better (upgraded) type with 4 functions (hi, low, flash and red)......great for reading in bed and not disturbing the Minister of Finance

bajaguy - 12-9-2012 at 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Islandbuilder
I have several of those Costco LED lights around the boat. They go through batteries pretty fast, and having to click them off three times as it works it's way through it's functions is frustrating. If they had a simple on-off switch they would be lots easier to use.

That said, when they have fresh batteries, they are great flashlights!

Yeah, I don't leave mine on for any length of time, and the 3 position switch is a small pain, but they sure do put out the light for about $5 each

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VO1h5zTh4FY

[Edited on 12-10-2012 by bajaguy]

bajaguy - 12-9-2012 at 08:07 PM

I have one of these in each vehicle.....not a bad light

http://tinyurl.com/ady32s4

[Edited on 12-10-2012 by bajaguy]

Ateo - 12-9-2012 at 08:12 PM

I use a Inova T3 for work and it kills. Something like 200 lumens.

Used to use a Pelican. Those are waterproof as Woody probably knows. I've gone thru 3 of them in 4 years though.......

BajaNomad - 12-9-2012 at 08:41 PM

Costco has 3-packs of headband LED lights - 3 position, high/low/flash... $9.99.

These:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MQ_TJy8Nx8

[Edited on 12-10-2012 by BajaNomad]

skippermike - 12-10-2012 at 12:25 AM

Look at the LEDs on Frontgate.
I got a 500 lumen, 12v, 3 LED as a gift last Christmas - very bright and water resistant. It does burn up 4 expensive 123-type lithium batteries. in a few hours.
They now have 400 lumen lights that use C cells. And a 900 lumen light that seems too long - +/- 13".
I was at Fry's the other day and they sell similar lights that also use C cells.
I just installed a 3500 lumen LED driving light on my truck from BajaDesigns - very, very bright!! I used it when down for the Baja 1000.

PX 25 coast flashlight

captkw - 12-10-2012 at 02:43 AM

this unit rocks with 212 lumens and 3 AAA batterys...now Im looking at the HP14 with 339 Lumens & adjustable beam with 4 AA..in a small,rugged,lifetime guarantee light....Im picky about what tools I buy and this light is sweet and AA batterys are everywhere...more than impressed with a 25dl (sale) light from orchard hardware supply.... K&T:cool:

WOODY...dive light from coast..

captkw - 12-10-2012 at 03:08 AM

Their PX 50 dive light is rated to 60 meters (WOW)..I'm stoked on this PX25 that I got early today..these are not toys.but tools,,just a damn good built unit and water res.

ddawson - 12-10-2012 at 03:19 AM

I just picked up this bad boy:

http://www.shiningbeam.com/servlet/the-221/MG-P-dsh-rocket/D...

450 lumens and three output modes. Check the site out, they have some others that are even brighter, and pretty good prices.

LIGHTS

captkw - 12-10-2012 at 03:42 AM

"The times they are a changing" bob dylan...

DavidE - 12-10-2012 at 11:53 AM

My gripe is battery life with the 200+ lumen (4) AAA lamps. "They" say eight hours. I say more like an hour at full brilliance then declining four additional hours to a warm glow. If nickel metal hydride batteries are substituted to gain rechargeability and amp hours, cell voltage starts off at 1.3 rather than 1.6. Less than at full design potential brilliance.

I'd like to find a (4) D-cell voltage regulated lamp using 11,000 amp hour NIMH rechargeable batteries. It would last 20-hours at full brilliance before needing to be recharged.

Bob and Susan - 12-10-2012 at 02:14 PM

those are baby lights

when you need light you need light
try these next time...and rechargable
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-2-5-Million-Candle-Power-Cordles...

and orchard supply is only another name for kmart now

This One Can Pee Over Three Pangas

DavidE - 12-10-2012 at 03:57 PM

18,000+ Lumens

peeing contest !!

captkw - 12-10-2012 at 08:13 PM

Hola,,I was sharing info on a great light...I have certain needs in my biz (elc. repair) and a small,powerful,reliable,with a moment & simple on/off switch...so yes there is 2.5 M/C pwr lights out there..but that will not fit under a helm with my head and hands or between twin cat diesels.....its all in the details..there is a lot of led lights in the market now..but most in IMO are toys not tools...so far today in the marina every guy that I handed the Coast PX25 fired it up and looked at it awe and affection...all wanted one and no one asked about price!!!

805gregg - 12-11-2012 at 07:31 PM

Check out Fenix Led lights, they are made for law enforcement.