BajaNomad

CABO FLIGHT AND RETURN (INM PAPERS)

Udo - 12-11-2012 at 09:11 AM

We took a whirlwind flight to Cabo/TS/LB/LR.

Upon entering Mexico, I asked the INM officers to give us a 180 day FMM, which they complied.

So far so good, HUH?

When we got back on the plane, 4 days later, the gate agent at Air Tran, TOOK BACK our 180 day FMM!
I argued to no avail for it's return, but was told instead that upon entering Baja again by car, show my (flight boarding pass) and the INM agent at the port of entry would the re-issue us a new 180 day pass at no charge because we are listed in their computers.

I don't think that their computers are that smart, plus I don't think that the POE's computers are networked and are that efficient.
I think we will have to pay another $46.00 US to get new FMMs.

rts551 - 12-11-2012 at 09:23 AM

last time my son turned in his paper the Officer pulled up his record to show he had turned it in upon exit. Don't know how the new procedures will impact this if at all.

sancho - 12-11-2012 at 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Udo
We took a whirlwind flight to Cabo/TS/LB/LR.

Upon entering Mexico, I asked the INM officers to give us a 180 day FMM, which they complied.

When we got back on the plane, 4 days later, the gate agent at Air Tran, TOOK BACK our 180 day FMM!

Air Tran? This is an International flight into Mex? If so,
I remember Mex Imm most always collecting tourist cards upon
departure from Mex, coming back to TJ on Volaris, a domestic flight, they didn't

BajaBlanca - 12-11-2012 at 03:45 PM

if immigration is indeed able to bring up entry and exit info on their computers, I will be duly impressed.

Udo - 12-12-2012 at 01:38 PM

That was my point, Blanca.

IF!

I'm going to try it @ Tecate this coming Friday a.m.
See what goes down!

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaBlanca
if immigration is indeed able to bring up entry and exit info on their computers, I will be duly impressed.

sancho - 12-12-2012 at 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Udo
I argued to no avail for it's return, but was told instead that upon entering Baja again by car, show my (flight boarding pass) and the INM agent at the port of entry would the re-issue us a new 180 day pass at no charge because we are listed in their computers.

That is VERY hard to believe, but stranger things have
happened. I'm guessing at Tecate Mex Imm will know
nothing about the free re issue of an fmm, if so
DENNIS will buy you a new one....

Marc - 12-13-2012 at 08:11 AM

That is what they do to air travelers. Took mine in Hermosillo a few years back. I just paid for another INM later.