BajaNomad

Udo and Jana Southbound!

David K - 12-14-2012 at 02:18 PM

This morning Udo and Jana stopped by on their way to Baja California Sur to pick up something I had for Shari (thank you)!

They were all loaded for a great vacation with a first stop at Guadalupe Valley then maybe Guerrero Negro or ?? on their way to Bahia Asuncion and eventually south of La Paz.

I wish them a great time and a successful vacation!

The rain had just passed through San Diego this morning and the wind was cold (for San Diego, that is)! Here they are where I met them in Mission Valley at 9:30:

DENNIS - 12-14-2012 at 02:50 PM

Maybe they'll stop by and say hello. :yes:

woody with a view - 12-14-2012 at 03:26 PM

they missed me....

DENNIS - 12-14-2012 at 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by woody with a view
they missed me....

Their loss, Woody. Maybe next time. :biggrin:

David K - 12-14-2012 at 03:33 PM

Yah sorry Woody... he had to upload all the secret surf breaks from my GPS that you won't share :lol::rolleyes: ................................... NOT! :cool:

TMW - 12-14-2012 at 03:55 PM

Have a safe and interesting trip.

woody with a view - 12-14-2012 at 04:27 PM

he has a glass float he was going to "drop" off on the way south. maybe that's why he never stopped.....:light:

tiotomasbcs - 12-15-2012 at 05:22 PM

Yeah, David. You're too cool? Leave Woody alone as he has left you to yourself but your ego is too big. You don't get surfing and it's beauty so let it go. Why do you do this ? I know. Easy. Have fun Udo on your southern viaje. Tio

[Edited on 12-16-2012 by tiotomasbcs]

[Edited on 12-16-2012 by tiotomasbcs]

Bajaboy - 12-15-2012 at 05:56 PM

Quote:
they missed me....

I miss you too bro:spingrin:

David K - 12-15-2012 at 06:33 PM

Tio, lighten up amigo, it is a inside joke between Woody and me that I thought all Nomads would get. Did you see the NOT at the end???
Merry Christmas!

woody with a view - 12-15-2012 at 06:34 PM

time for a group hug, minus DK!

:cool:

David K - 12-15-2012 at 06:45 PM

Merry Christmas to you too! :rolleyes:

willardguy - 12-15-2012 at 06:45 PM

:lol:duuuuude,this is so rad, tio's gonna go barney on david, bro!:lol::lol::lol::lol:

shari - 12-15-2012 at 08:38 PM

Udo & Jana made it safely and are tucked in the dolphin room watching the stars after a nice dinner at Mari's with the formidable Iflyfish who also arrived this afternoon....yeah baby!

Castaway got his slide out sort of working thanks to David E...life would be perfect if it would just stop blowing and raining so they could get out fishing!

There will be a shrimp taco meeting at high noon tomorrow at Don Ramon's.

woody with a view - 12-15-2012 at 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K

thanks D. you da man....

David K - 12-16-2012 at 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
Udo & Jana made it safely and are tucked in the dolphin room watching the stars after a nice dinner at Mari's with the formidable Iflyfish who also arrived this afternoon....yeah baby!

Castaway got his slide out sort of working thanks to David E...life would be perfect if it would just stop blowing and raining so they could get out fishing!

There will be a shrimp taco meeting at high noon tomorrow at Don Ramon's.

Wonderful news... they are a great couple!

David K - 12-16-2012 at 10:52 AM

Quote:
Quote:

thanks D. you da man....

Let's have a nice year of fun and prosperity... I don't know how, but I hope things change for the better for all of us!

Udo - 12-19-2012 at 04:08 PM

On the way north DENNIS.
We also need to stop by Kathleen's.

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Maybe they'll stop by and say hello. :yes:

Udo - 12-19-2012 at 04:12 PM

I tried calling you the night before we left and the morning of, Friday, but you must have changed phone numbers and I could not connect to the number I had on my iPhone, Woody.
I probably should have left it wit DK, if I would have thought about it then.

Quote:
he has a glass float he was going to "drop" off on the way south. maybe that's why he never stopped.....:light:

DENNIS - 12-19-2012 at 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Udo
On the way north DENNIS.
We also need to stop by Kathleen's.

Looking forward to your visit, Udo. I just got back from a few days with the VA getting tested for "things." I couldn't be more pleased and confident with their efficiency.
Life is good.

Udo - 12-19-2012 at 04:54 PM

I'm happy that you like the VA hospital in San Diego, buddy...

The ones in Long Beach and Loma Linda don't have too many friends, if you know what I mean.
Today I needed to start early on the tequila. We were planning to make it to Punta Abreojos this morning with the kayak, but it really got windy and cold. Probably tomorrow.

M - 12-19-2012 at 11:33 PM

Ahhh,
Come on boys. I was really enjoying all the happy posts about Udo, getting away. But then....

None of these snot comments would even be happening if we were all face to face, yet, computers don't have keys for inflection or tone.
Of voice, words are really inert, without the 'look' and eye's to tell the rest, to 'ADD' the 'STING', or.... remove it.

From one who has been 'stung', I must pass on how crummy it is, and if you REALLY mean it....to a fellow Nomad who is always kind, helpful and generous...Well......WHAT kind of person would wish that sting on a Nomad?
ANY Nomad?

Years ago, the Amigo's were my family. Truly. My ex took me from you all, but I'm home now. Where my heart is.
Now....The NOMADS.

I don't wan't to believe that you all don't want to feed what, and who, we have here, than discourage them.

From what I have read, we have some amazing people hear. Then some MINOR infraction, turns them into really mean, ugly things. PLEASE, lets stop the peey venting?

Udo, I hope you and the Mrs. have a wonderful trip with clear weather and clean air. Have fun...
BIG HUGS, M :)

Udo - 12-20-2012 at 08:23 AM

I know the weather is not going to be clear and warm. Cold and windy again today.
The FJ's upgraded suspension will get a workout today.

Quote:
Originally posted by M
Ahhh,

Udo, I hope you and Jana have a wonderful trip with clear weather and clean air. Have fun...
BIG HUGS, M :)

David K - 12-20-2012 at 10:32 AM

How was it upgraded? Where are you going (or if you left already: Where did you go today?)

The fossil beds are a blast for some quiet time... looking for sharks teeth.

edit: I found the answer in your other thread:

With the wind howling last night, and this morning very breezy and brisk, the kayak will have to stay on the beach again, and we'll take the FJ to La Bocana, Puerto Nuevo, and Malarrimo beach.

[Edited on 12-20-2012 by David K]

Udo - 12-20-2012 at 04:50 PM

We had a shop install some fox shock system as well as new springs and different ratios, DK.
The FJ almost feels like a prerunner suspension (some side to side sway), but it is very steady. Most important is that we can drive woopiedoos at about 80MPH.

Today was again a very windy day in the morning, (as was all night) and headed to Puerto Nuevo, but kinda blew by the turnoff somewhere because there is no Puerto Nuevo sign on the road.

So we headed to Malarrimo, and saw Elijo Jr. (dad was out on the boat). Jr. now has a wife and two kids...a boy and a girl.

We then headed to Bahia Tortugas. Same dusty town that was there 4 years ago, but with a few new houses added to the mix. All the roads were very rutted from water run-off, and there was barely room for two cars to make it side by side.

The pier now has a PEMEX pump-house, so, no more filling gas or diesel tanks from barrels.

The road to Punta Eugenia seamed OK, but with the rains of a few days ago, I did not want to chance finding a wash-out and having to back up for a mile or two. As you know, some of the road is on the side of a steep hill, DK.

shari - 12-23-2012 at 04:58 PM

It has been a great week with Udo & Jana here....here they are celebrated the end of the world with a pithaya margarita....they look pretty darn bajaish dontcha think?

Today they moved on to San Igancio and they will be missed here by all!

comitan - 12-23-2012 at 05:24 PM

Looks like they discovered the New World!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

brewer - 12-23-2012 at 05:31 PM

Quote:
How was it upgraded? Where are you going (or if you left already: Where did you go today?)

The fossil beds are a blast for some quiet time... looking for sharks teeth.

Where are the fossil beds? We are taking the same route as Udo in June. I'd love to get my little ones digging for fossils. And a shark tooth would make their day!

brewer - 12-23-2012 at 06:35 PM

My question is in the bottom line of the quote above. For some reason it remained in the quote box...

[Edited on 12-24-2012 by brewer]

shari - 12-23-2012 at 06:43 PM

stop in a and visit and we can show you where the fun is!

David K - 12-23-2012 at 06:49 PM

Shari will steer you right brewer!

Ateo - 12-28-2012 at 06:16 PM

Udo sighting today in Ensenada!!!! Drove past him by the enormous flag. Didn't get a chance to say hi though..........

David K - 12-28-2012 at 06:17 PM

Hard to miss his FJ with that big outrigger on top!

Ateo - 12-28-2012 at 06:19 PM

Quote:
Hard to miss his FJ with that big outrigger on top!

EXACTLY! I wanted to stop and say hi but that area is so hectic it would've been close to impossible.

DENNIS - 12-28-2012 at 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ateo
Udo sighting today in Ensenada!!!! Drove past him by the enormous flag. Didn't get a chance to say hi though..........

They stopped by my place today, but as bad luck would have it, I had gone down the hill to mail a letter. They left a note.
Sorry I missed them.

shari - 12-28-2012 at 07:01 PM

ahhh geezo Dennis...does that mean that my enormous smushy kiss wasnt delivered?

DENNIS - 12-28-2012 at 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
ahhh geezo Dennis...does that mean that my enormous smushy kiss wasnt delivered?

Well...I'm not sure. It looks like an Abalone was living on my sliding glass door.....maybe they dropped it off on the way through. :lol:

shari - 12-28-2012 at 07:21 PM

yup...that would have been it all right! provecho honey pie

Udo - 12-29-2012 at 04:19 PM

I shouldda left a note on your computer, in addition to the written note DENNIS.

Must be nice to live in a place where you don't have to lock your door, DENNIS!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Ateo

They stopped by my place today, but as bad luck would have it, I had gone down the hill to mail a letter. They left a note.
Sorry I missed them.

DENNIS - 12-29-2012 at 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Udo
I shouldda left a note on your computer, in addition to the written note DENNIS.

Don't even close the door most of the time, Udo. Sorry I missed you guys.
Do you or Terry still want the Baja Almanac?

Udo - 12-30-2012 at 04:42 PM

Yes, DENNIS, I still want it.

Mil gracias.
I'll pick it up in about three weeks.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Udo

Don't even close the door most of the time, Udo. Sorry I missed you guys.
Do you or Terry still want the Baja Almanac?

DENNIS - 12-30-2012 at 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Udo
Yes, DENNIS, I still want it.

Mil gracias.
I'll pick it up in about three weeks.

OK Udo. If I'm out 'n about, it's sitting on the bookcase just inside the sliding glass door. You can't miss it.