BajaNomad

incredible eye doctor in TJ

BajaBlanca - 12-15-2012 at 08:17 PM

We went to see Doctor Chayet today - at his clinic in TJ - it looks like it is from outer space with all the equipment.

state of the art

spotlessly clean

we were seen at 10 a.m. (our appt time) on the dot

Les did all the pre-exams today -saturday - and we scheduled the surgery for Monday and his optometrist will do the post - op exam on Tuesday here in san diego.

doc chayet was trained at UCSD and has been practicing for 25 years

http://www.codetvision.com/

They would not let me take photos but the link shows everything

I will post an update after the operation but so far, I am blown away.

woody with a view - 12-15-2012 at 08:39 PM

forgive my ignorance, pero, why is Les going under the knife?

monoloco - 12-15-2012 at 09:57 PM

I would also recommend Dr. Lechuga in LA Paz, he just did laser surgery on my wife for a detached retina. she's very happy with the results, and he only charged her 5000 pesos.

BajaBlanca - 12-18-2012 at 08:56 PM

Les went for cataract surgery- he is so happy. his eye is perfecto mundo now.

we could NOT get him scheduled in the states for months

we are here in the northern part of the world to visit la familia for xmas and wanted to take advantage of being here

dr chayet fit our bill to a T

mes1952 - 12-19-2012 at 10:02 AM

I had cataract surgery several years ago at Hospital Angeles in Tijuana thru Vision Angeles and was very impressed with the doctor and surgery.

BajaBlanca - 12-28-2012 at 06:06 PM

Les still doing great after surgery - we are 99% satisfied.

the 1% lacking is due tot he fact that he was NOT advised to not pick up heavy objects nor told not to bend over and apparently these are pretty important pieces of advice.

DENNIS - 12-28-2012 at 06:29 PM

Here's the eye doctor's photo:

http://tinyurl.com/brx3ky5

DavidE - 12-29-2012 at 12:26 PM

One down, one to go for me. How many pesos did a single eye surgery cost?

You missed out on the eleven trips necessary to get an eye operated on in the states syndrome.

Did Les get fitted with a corrective lens?

I learned that dirt and dust in the eye is a major point of care of postop. Keep eyes absolutely clean for a couple of weeks afterwards.

BajaBlanca - 12-29-2012 at 07:39 PM

the surgery cost I will have to get back to you on, we paid cash but our insurance will reimburse (I don't remember).

Les did get a corrective lens.

We hated the run around they were giving us in the States. Positively ridiculously absurd.

ncampion - 12-29-2012 at 07:46 PM

Did he suggest getting accommodating lens implants instead of traditional cataract, mono-focal lens? My brother is an eye surgeon and did that for me. Now I don't need any glasses for either reading or distance. The latest thing. Maybe TJ is not up to speed on that as yet.

BajaBlanca - 12-30-2012 at 11:32 AM

$1800.00 dollars per eye is cost of cataract surgery.

altho one must be there for 4 hours the day of the surgery, the procedure itself is less than 10 minutes. one leaves with an eye patch that is removed that very afternoon. you are asked to drip 2 different eye drops til the bottles are finished (2 weeks). no pain and no discomfort. the optometrist who did the post-op in san diego said it was the work of a true artist. he couldn't even see where the cut had been made.

BajaBlanca - 12-30-2012 at 11:35 AM

Les no longer uses glasses to read or see far. we did splurge and got him top of the line sunglasses LOL.