BajaNomad

World weather forecast...wrong again!

bajajudy - 12-19-2012 at 11:41 PM

[Edited on 12-21-2012 by bajajudy]

uhoh.jpg - 32kB

oladulce - 12-20-2012 at 07:28 AM

oh good, nice and warm- everywhere.

CortezBlue - 12-20-2012 at 07:32 AM

I want to know how it is going to happen and find the epicenter and setup a cooler of beers and a lawn chair and see it coming!

Udo - 12-20-2012 at 08:04 AM

Do you think it's a coincidence that the underwater volcano was just found off the Cabo coast?

Tomorrow will be the wildest end-of-the-world party here in Asunción, at Shari's place.

bajajudy - 12-21-2012 at 10:09 AM

Guess we are safe for another couple of millenniums.

EnsenadaDr - 12-21-2012 at 10:10 AM

that forecast was really funny!!

vgabndo - 12-21-2012 at 12:24 PM

I just wanted to get clear that it is socially acceptable to jeer at, and belittle anyone who wasted even a little energy on this subject. Isn't it about time that there was a social cost for insanity?

Nice graphic. I can't imagine how anyone could find anything anomalous or unscientific about that forecast!!!!! Can I get an "Amen"? Oops, that was the previous two or three "ends of the world". Sheeesh.

tiotomasbcs - 12-21-2012 at 12:55 PM

Very good, Judy. I'D love to have seen that with my morning coffee on the news/weather forecast!:lol: Maya Roca. Tio

toneart - 12-21-2012 at 01:09 PM

Not so fast...the day is not over yet! :spingrin:

(I'm an optimist!) :lol::lol:

Skipjack Joe - 12-21-2012 at 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Udo
Do you think it's a coincidence that the underwater volcano was just found off the Cabo coast?

Tomorrow will be the wildest end-of-the-world party here in Asunción, at Shari's place.

Shari is going to party likes there's no tomorrow.

Bajatripper - 12-21-2012 at 03:02 PM

Some doctor I saw interviewed today says that what these periodic "End of the World" scenarios are really about is bilking money out of fools, who flock to buy books and any other thing that will help them through the end-of-times. He cited the number of books published on today's prediction, over a 1,000 different titles. He said they happen about every ten years or so (the last one was in 2000), probably about what the market for fools will bear.

David K - 12-21-2012 at 03:06 PM

Al Gore has made millions with his false predictions! I am in the wrong business (and wrong political party) to bilk money out of fools!:light::rolleyes:

Udo - 12-21-2012 at 03:25 PM

Just returned from our kayak trip around the Asunción island.
There was hardly any wind, so we pedaled and paddled around the island.
With the lack of wind, we had much more control of where we could go, so we got to within 25 feet of shore, and almost landed on one of the beaches, but there was a lot of heavy sea weed right on shore. No problem getting back out, but going in is a little tough with large jagged boulders 10' on either side.

The seals an sea lions were really a hoot!

It's quite an experience to have a few hundred seals and sea lions following you about 40' behind!

WOW!

Shari baked a cake for the "END OF WORLD" party.
I am still in disbelief what that chick can do with cooking. It's like cooking in a third world country, but she makes it look so easy with her tools.
What I cooked the last few days, I had to do it with MY tools from home, and brought with me. That's what made it look easy.

Those of you who have not been here before, you don't know what you are missing!

...This morning we had CRAB OMELETTE...out of this world!

First class B&B!

dtbushpilot - 12-21-2012 at 10:30 PM

They didn't factor in "leap years" so we still have a few more months to live. Math isn't my strong suit, maybe a Nomad with a calculator could figure out how many February 29th's would have happened since the Mayan calender was chiseled...

vgabndo - 12-21-2012 at 10:54 PM

"Al Gore has made millions with his false predictions! I am in the wrong business (and wrong political party) to bilk money out of fools!" So says the noted climate scientist David Kier!!!

Stay somewhere close to reality and BAJA CALIFORNIA please, or give up on getting your ninety thousandth post this week.

Your inflammatory, purely TROLL, comment doesn't even have to do with the subject of end-of-the-world nuts. FACTUALLY, Mitt Romney bilked his followers out of about a BILLION dollars as he self-destructed to his humiliating defeat. Fools you say...fools? What did the 53% get for their money?

willardguy - 12-21-2012 at 11:27 PM

hmmm, im no scientist but sounds to me like some nomads indulged in a few post-apocalyptic libations this evening! (or I hope so):lol:

tiotomasbcs - 12-22-2012 at 09:54 AM

DK at his best. And then he wonders why he gets attacked? How did this morph from original thread? Good humour judy! Tio

Bajajorge - 12-22-2012 at 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajajudy
[Edited on 12-21-2012 by bajajudy]

So that was the real global warming.:lol:

BornFisher - 12-22-2012 at 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by dtbushpilot
They didn't factor in "leap years" so we still have a few more months to live. Math isn't my strong suit, maybe a Nomad with a calculator could figure out how many February 29th's would have happened since the Mayan calender was chiseled...

IT GOT POSTPONED!!!!! Here ya go----

YUCATAN – Mayan scholars have updated their doomsday prophecy. The world will end in 2015, not 2012.Oops…. They made a mistake. There’s good news for those who were fearing the 2012 Mayan apocalypse. They counted wrong. The world is not going to end in December 2012. Instead, it’s going to end on September 3, 2015. Update your daily planners!

A new critique, published as a chapter in the new textbook “Calendars and Years: Astronomy and Time in the Ancient and Medieval World” argues that the accepted conversions of dates from Mayan to the modern calendar are off. This coupled with a new book, “We Are All Going To Die In 2015″ by Fritz Barnkopf are rewriting the Mayan doomsday playbook that has been popularized in our culture over the last ten years.

The problem was discovered when researchers realized the Mayan calendar was converted to today’s Gregorian calendar using an erroneous calculation called the GMT constant, named for the last initials of three early Mayanist researchers.

But the GMT constant is completely bogus. “The Mayan researchers of the past twenty years put too much stock in the GMT,” said Mayan expert Robert Wannamaker. “They probably were chewing on too many cocoa leaves. The fact is that the GMT constant is 2 years and 271 days off. We’ve proven that conclusively hear at The Scripps Institute.”

The apocalypse is now delayed. This is a stunning blow to all the merchandisers that were seeking to capitalize on the “end-of-world” prophecy BEFORE the world ends. “Man, I was selling all sorts of 2012 doomsday paraphernalia. Now, I gotta go back and make it all again for 2015. It’s a real drag,” said 2012 fanatic, Judd Barkley.

Hollywood is jumping right on the 2015 bandwagon. Producers are lining up to make the 2012 sequel, 2015. “It’s great for us,” said Producer Tracey Barnham. “I hope that they extended it again in a few years, so we can keep this franchise going.”

Not likely. Mayan researchers are unanimous on the end-of-world data. The world will disappear in 2015. You might want to plan accordingly.

Bad news: we’re all going to die. Good news: We got three more years! Woo-hoo!!!

:bounce:

Udo - 12-22-2012 at 11:40 AM

I'll will again be in BA on 2015.

The best place in the world if it is going to end.

David K - 12-22-2012 at 11:43 AM

:lol::rolleyes::cool:

DavidE - 12-22-2012 at 12:20 PM

For your info...

I showed los prognosticos to several Mexicanos who do not speak Ingles, and every one of them laughed their butt off. The "blank" Saturday had them clutching their sides.

Mil Gracias para la broma!