BajaNomad

Abother boat hits Roque Ballena

rts551 - 12-20-2012 at 09:45 AM

Sail bot hit the reef between La Bocana and Abreojos and is now being towed (after repairs) to Ensenada to be salvaged. Tri that was in Canoa and Asuncion is now in front of Abreojos.Been there for a week. don't know what the issue is.

shari - 12-20-2012 at 09:57 AM

I hope it wasnt that gorgeous classic ketch that left here a couple days ago...what was the boat like that hit the rocks? Do you know the name of it?

that will be a knarly tow especially in this nasty NE wind we are experiencing today...it must have blown 30 knots around 3-4 in the morning and is still around 25 knots at the moment....fishing trips OFF for the day.

Will you be inviting the Trimaran family over for Christmas dinner?

[Edited on 12-20-2012 by shari]

bajaguy - 12-20-2012 at 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
that will be a knarly tow especially in this nasty NE wind we are experiencing today...it must have blown 30 knots around 3-4 in the morning and is still around 25 knots at the moment....fishing trips OFF for the day.

You need a home weather station there so you can give us daily reports!!!!

aguachico - 12-20-2012 at 09:05 PM

Wow; that is just crazy.

They will not be the last even with today's high-tech equipment marking the reef end to end. Depending on how the the swell and wind are working the waves break from weird directions.

How a skipper navigator can't stay 3-5 miles away from that danger is beyond me. Maybe it's a sailing thing.

Ever time I'm working that reef I get a little pucker going because I don't know it like the locals that zip in and out all the time. I would stay 5 miles away from it in the dark just in case something goes wrong.

Bajaboy - 12-20-2012 at 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaguy
Quote:

You need a home weather station there so you can give us daily reports!!!!

Another option: http://www.accuweather.com/en/mx/bahia-asuncion/231832/weath...

rts551 - 12-28-2012 at 10:22 AM

still here. Shari, They lost their dingy in the big blow and were wondering if you could loan them another one

shari - 12-28-2012 at 10:35 AM

pretty funny Ralf

Shari

captkw - 12-28-2012 at 10:44 AM

always remember !! anyone can buy a boat,, that does not entittle them the skills of a captain !! K&T:cool:

thebajarunner - 12-28-2012 at 11:39 AM

One of our Baja Boyz foundered there a couple years back
Well photo reported here by Shari and our group
They were lucky to make it to Abreojos
But the lovely teak sailer was a total loss

shari - 12-28-2012 at 07:13 PM

and we still have a crapload of her boat stuff in our garage!

dtbushpilot - 12-28-2012 at 07:31 PM

Quote:

Sounds like it's time for a yard sale!:bounce::bounce:

Bummer!

thebajarunner - 12-28-2012 at 09:23 PM

Quote:

She made a big deal out of it when she went back to Kangarooland
TV. Lots of sympathy
I say put it out on the street and let it go to a useful cause

She ended up with my favorite hoody. Long gone