BajaNomad

Desert Assassins Rip to the Tip 2012

TMW - 12-21-2012 at 11:02 AM

2012 Desert Assassins Rip to Cabo CBS Sports Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL6RA5uStow

David K - 12-21-2012 at 03:11 PM

Great... but the enviro N-zis will have a fit!

Rip to Cabo

John M - 12-22-2012 at 07:25 AM

This will be on "CBS Sports" not on the regular network. Unfortunately with the Verizon FIOS program we use we don't get it without yet another upgrade. Rats.

John M

BAJACAT - 12-26-2012 at 12:52 PM

great show,it's funny how San Javier mission comes on most of Baja films.Man I envy this guys,it's nice to have all the support to make this trip happen..I like the part where the mex army tells them "NO VIDEO"..and they gracely obey thye command...also the coment,"YOU CAN FIX ALOT THINGS AND MEXICO WITH A 20 DLL BILL". that was funny..

David K - 12-29-2012 at 11:38 AM

It is on today... my DVR is set!

willardguy - 12-29-2012 at 11:45 AM

time and channel please:?:

David K - 12-29-2012 at 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by willardguy
time and channel please:?:

At the end of the video clip...

Here you go:

CBS SPORTS NETWORK
SAT. 12/29 3:30pm west, 6:30pm east
SUN. 12/30 3:30am west, 6:30am east

NOTE!!! Just confirmed willardguy's post below that DirectTV is showing this at 3:00-4:00 pm today (not 3:30-4:30) My DVR is set to record... so if anyone wants to come by, just let me know... we have High Def big screen, bring beer (Pacifico or XX) as I may be low!:cool:

[Edited on 12-29-2012 by David K]

willardguy - 12-29-2012 at 11:51 AM

gracias!

willardguy - 12-29-2012 at 12:14 PM

directv ch 613 at 3:00pm and 10:00 pm

dtbushpilot - 12-29-2012 at 01:09 PM

My guide shows it at 3:00 pm in San Diego..

David K - 12-29-2012 at 01:11 PM

CONFIRMED, 3:00 pm on DirectTV ch. 613.

vgabndo - 12-29-2012 at 02:46 PM

"Great... but the enviro N-zis will have a fit!"

Thirty-two thousand, seven hundred and SEVEN.

Do you never tire of flaming people who respect our environment?

Do you not 'get' that the CRINGE you felt seeing these rich guys brag about bribing their way out trouble with wampum and beads, (Twenty bucks and a bumper sticker) while ripping the crap out of someone else's country is a meaningful cringe? If you didn't think they were being poor examples of environmental stewardship, why would you worry that someone might have a "fit"?

Consider the result of the Mexican dirt bike Rip to Santa Barbara! Ten days of glorious beach riding, endless wheelies under the Santa Monica Pier...disrespectful? Illegal? Inappropriate?

I had forty years on my 17 motorcycles, I identify as a motorcyclist, and there were, on balance, few occasions when I had a need to leave tracks where none had been before, or which nature couldn't quickly erase. Believe me, I 'get' the testosterone hit, and all the ballsy riding is way cool, but I judge it is over the top in terms of sustainability. I think it will be stopped in certain parts of Baja; probably around the interface with increasingly public accessible beaches where 'reasonable' (illegal) vehicular use could be stopped because of the flying crazies. Who wants to give up a sane drive on the beach in their Toyota so that the Desert Assassins can market videos?

DianaT - 12-29-2012 at 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by vgabndo
"Great... but the enviro N-zis will have a fit!"

Thirty-two thousand, seven hundred and SEVEN.

Do you never tire of flaming people who respect our environment?

Do you not 'get' that the CRINGE you felt seeing these rich guys brag about bribing their way out trouble with wampum and beads, (Twenty bucks and a bumper sticker) while ripping the crap out of someone else's country is a meaningful cringe? If you didn't think they were being poor examples of environmental stewardship, why would you worry that someone might have a "fit"?

Consider the result of the Mexican dirt bike Rip to Santa Barbara! Ten days of glorious beach riding, endless wheelies under the Santa Monica Pier...disrespectful? Illegal? Inappropriate?

I had forty years on my 17 motorcycles, I identify as a motorcyclist, and there were, on balance, few occasions when I had a need to leave tracks where none had been before, or which nature couldn't quickly erase. Believe me, I 'get' the testosterone hit, and all the ballsy riding is way cool, but I judge it is over the top in terms of sustainability. I think it will be stopped in certain parts of Baja; probably around the interface with increasingly public accessible beaches where 'reasonable' (illegal) vehicular use could be stopped because of the flying crazies. Who wants to give up a sane drive on the beach in their Toyota so that the Desert Assassins can market videos?

Very well written --- thanks. This guy's opening statement, says it all --- no rules, go where we want, fix everything with $20.00 and a sticker. He obviously has zero respect for Mexico --- neither the land nor the people. For his attitude -- :barf::barf:

willardguy - 12-29-2012 at 03:06 PM

well i hope you had a good sneeze, and SIX DAYS TILL DAKAR! (lots of carnage)

dtbushpilot - 12-29-2012 at 03:08 PM

Quote:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:.......X2

DianaT - 12-29-2012 at 03:09 PM

Quote:

It is not about a race, or about offroading, it is all about the attitude with the TOTAL lack of respect for Mexico and the people --- but if you agree with the attitude he expressed at the beginning well, so be it. It is an attitude that many share.

[Edited on 12-29-2012 by DianaT]

willardguy - 12-29-2012 at 03:43 PM

well to be honest I didnt know what the heck you all were talking about(I didnt see the trailer) but after just watching it I saw no disrespect!
now im stokered!! 15 minutes, bring it on!:bounce:

David K - 12-29-2012 at 03:49 PM

LOL... so it would be better if they lied or just never shared their fun with us at all? Sad that people have to leave their own country to enjoy such freedom. The next wind or high tide will erase the tracks and the Mexicans were rewarded with business... yah bad stuff indeed. LOL

willardguy - 12-29-2012 at 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
LOL... so it would be better if they lied or just never shared their fun with us at all? Sad that people have to leave their own country to enjoy such freedom. The next wind or high tide will erase the tracks and the Mexicans were rewarded with business... yah bad stuff indeed. LOL
well said david, now im thinking rip to santa barbara would be something, casseli and kudla's back yard! wooooowwwwww!

David K - 12-29-2012 at 04:19 PM

Cool to see them at Baja Cactus Motel!

vgabndo - 12-29-2012 at 04:21 PM

I LOVED the old PARIS TO DAKAR. What I've seen of the South American one, it looks like mostly sand dunes in the past.

I'm sure you've watched the movie Charley Boorman did around their Dakar entry, verdad?

With Russ Malkin? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4g3BauJmOw

David K - 12-29-2012 at 05:07 PM

A very well done show and excellent cinematography showing Baja. If you can not be bothered by the off roading, the term 'the Baja', or a bunch of guys having fun in God's land, then most Nonads will enjoy it I think

capt. mike - 12-30-2012 at 10:49 AM

watched it yesterday. pretty good show. Wonder what he charges?
Cameron Steele has done well making business out of the baja.
yes...the baja....hahahaha.

David K - 12-30-2012 at 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by capt. mike
watched it yesterday. pretty good show. Wonder what he charges?
Cameron Steele has done well making business out of the baja.
yes...the baja....hahahaha.

(from the pen of Dave Deal)

Desertbull - 12-30-2012 at 06:26 PM

The rides are not for profit...if you were factor in SAT phones, chase crews, all the infrastructure brought to the ride along with the media costs their is no profit to be had. The payoff is the look on people's faces when they see the vast remote open beaches and mountain vistas of the Baja Peninsula.

motoged - 12-31-2012 at 05:51 PM

Lotsa ego with those guys....too big a group to do it right :saint:

willardguy - 12-31-2012 at 06:00 PM

first order of business would be to kick sunny garcia's a$$! OBVIOUSLY just kiddin:o:biggrin::biggrin:

capt. mike - 1-1-2013 at 12:03 PM

i remember the great fully supported trips Tim and his crews did through baja. I think Wild Bill was co crafter.

it is the baja peninsula. nothing wrong with ref to the baja.
happens all the time on BBP board. done for years. No one says a thing.