BajaNomad

Met a van in TJ loaded with fish from Asuncion

EnsenadaDr - 12-22-2012 at 10:05 PM

Funny how people's paths cross. I stopped at the rest stop in TJ and 3 Americans asked me if I spoke English. They were in this old dusty van with Oregon Plates. It was about 7:20 p.m. and I was on my way to San Diego. They asked me if I thought border traffic would be better in San Ysidro. I told them that I thought the Christmas shoppers were all on their way home and it was a little early for the partiers to be headed to San Diego. They then told me they had a whole van full of fish, and they had stayed at Shari's. Very good reviews Shari, they said you were very accommodating, and just so everyone knows, Shari isn't telling you fish stories about the loads of fishes people are catching down around her neck of the woods. Turns out the border crossing was very light tonight, and they still had another 15 hours drive...I think it would have been closer to fish in Alaska!!!

There you go !!

captkw - 12-22-2012 at 10:12 PM

I have found in my biz and personal dealings that "word of mouth" is the best advice you can get....Or "from the horses mouth" LOL,,,,,K&T:cool:..PS and her (shari) pics speak volumes and make Dreams !!!!

[Edited on 12-23-2012 by captkw]