BajaNomad

South from CA to Los Barriles

vandy - 12-26-2012 at 01:43 PM

Well, on a positive note, I found $2.99 gas in California, ARCO 1/2 mile east at exit 485.

Driving through LA, Tijuana and Ensenada was the best ever; too bad you can only drive on Christmas once per year!

Got the red light at the border, car hood opened, minor excavations as they dug out what I didn't care to declare from the trunk (UH, you mean I'm not allowed 25 liters of wine?)

Anyway, they checked my license and registration and sent me on my way with a warning to only bring 6 liters of wine or three of liquor next time.

The army guys at the usual checkpoints were in a festive mood, with the guys at the next-to-last checkpoint asking for booze to keep them warm at 2AM. I was sorry to tell them no, but I gave them candy, much to their disappointment.

Nothing new to report. The road just gets better and better.
Easiest drive ever down Baja, with almost no traffic after 10PM Christmas night.

David K - 12-26-2012 at 02:24 PM

Thank you! Why did they look under the hood???

mojo_norte - 12-26-2012 at 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by vandy
Anyway, they checked my license and registration and sent me on my way with a warning to only bring 6 liters of wine or three of liquor next time.

I always thought it was 3 liters of any alcohol PP . this links says 6 liters of wine AND 3 liters of beer or spirits
:?:

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_much_wine_can_you_take_into_Me...

MMc - 12-26-2012 at 05:32 PM

You were driving a 2:00 am? OOOOOOH!!! you didn't hit a cow, Don't you know, you could die.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
I love that drive at night, quit saying anything cause it's not Nomad Politically Correct.

willardguy - 12-26-2012 at 05:42 PM

hey buddy, cows are no laughing matter.:lol:

Vandy !!

captkw - 12-26-2012 at 05:46 PM

Hola,,Still in the toyota ?? if ,yes how many K's on her?? BTW don't think Klaus & lilly are coming over from germany !! K&T:cool: