BajaNomad

Bajabound & HDI Seguros Insurance

bajaguy - 12-28-2012 at 12:59 PM

Just wanted to say that due to an unexpected event I had to use the services of HDI Seguros insurance purchased through Bajabound, a Nomads sponsor.

Made one call to the HDI call center and talked to an english speaking call-taker, who promptly put me in contact with an english speaking adjuster.

Adjuster met us at the police station in about 30 minutes, dealt with the towing company, the police and the other driver and handled all of the details.

I contacted Geoff from Bajabound the next morning and he will be keeping track of the claim progess with HDI.

So far, so good, and I highly recommend Bajabound. Will report on the status/results of the claim as soon as I know anything.

Safe driving, and wear those seat belts!!!

[Edited on 12-28-2012 by bajaguy]

DENNIS - 12-28-2012 at 01:17 PM

What happened?

sancho - 12-28-2012 at 03:36 PM

I pay attention to positive outcomes of Mex Ins
experiences, because I have a distrust of Ins Co's in general,
Mex Ins Co's even more so, not that I've had any
negative incidents with them. Just that I don't think
of Ins Co's as FRIENDLY. I figure it is best to go with
the Co's that posters have had positive results. My feeling
is that the Mex Co is FAR more important than which
US broker you buy from, I would think if push came
to shove, the Mex Co would have the final say, not
the US broker, glad you had a good response

bigboy - 12-28-2012 at 04:18 PM

I have my insurance through HDI as well. Hope you don't have a problem with the claim.

David K - 12-28-2012 at 05:33 PM

Wonderful to hear!

Hook - 12-28-2012 at 05:50 PM

So far, so good, assuming the adjuster didnt try and hit you up for money for simply doing his job. I've had that happen on two occasions in Mexico.

Was an other driver involved in the incident? If so, did they have insurance?

Yes, please keep us posted.

DENNIS - 12-28-2012 at 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaguy

Especially when you're coming in for a landing. [no secrets in a small town, Terry]

durrelllrobert - 12-28-2012 at 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaguy

[Edited on 12-28-2012 by bajaguy]

I almost drownd when my car ended upside down in a canal and I couldn't get the damn belt undone. Also a friend got 1st and 2nd degree burns when his car cought on fire and he couldn't undo his belt. If they are so great why aren't they mandatory on school busses?

Alan - 12-29-2012 at 02:37 AM

I had HDI insurance through Discover Baja when I totalled my boat last year. They were awesome!

dizzyspots - 12-29-2012 at 05:10 AM

@robert: really? in 2012 we really having a conversation about seat belts???...after 40yrs in EMS and thousands of accident responses...not one seat related fatality...but NON use of seat belts...hundreds!!!
your life ...your choice...but BAD choice!

durrelllrobert - 12-29-2012 at 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by dizzyspots
@robert: really? in 2012 we really having a conversation about seat belts???...after 40yrs in EMS and thousands of accident responses...not one seat related fatality...but NON use of seat belts...hundreds!!!
your life ...your choice...but BAD choice!
I agree and I wear it. Just relaying some experience while wering them.

J.P. - 12-29-2012 at 10:57 AM

I was about as anti seat belt as anyone until i had a minor accident in my 18 wheel truck. When it came to a rest I found myself under the dash board on the passenger side banged up and bruised. I still balk at wearing them but usually buckle up.