BajaNomad

Custom Rods by Rigo Ojeda

Pescador - 12-29-2012 at 12:03 PM

I have a good friend who is a professional fisherman in San Bruno but when the fishing started to slow up a little, I suggested that he learn how to build custom rods. Since he is a good artist with a real sense of balance and color, he does a great job. He has also learned how to rebuild those rods that have been stuck in the corner or out behind the shed collecting dust and looking like trash. I can not believe how many rods have shown up for rebuild as well as having custom rods built for customers.

He is also repairing reels and has built up a pretty good supply of parts for those breakdowns that occur when you are on a fishing trip.

So if you need some work done to a rod or reel or are interested in getting a custom rod Rigo can be reached at 615-104-9850 in San Bruno.

dtbushpilot - 12-29-2012 at 12:06 PM

Nice...

Cardon Man - 12-29-2012 at 01:20 PM

Great job on those rods.

LancairDriver - 12-29-2012 at 01:22 PM

Sweet. I'll be going by there in a few weeks and maybe pick up one or two. You can never have too many rods or guns.

Osprey - 12-29-2012 at 01:40 PM

Those rods he made for you and others around the midrift look perfect for that kind of action Jim. Do you think Rigo could make rods for big, adult fish that we catch down south here at the mouth of The Big Ocean? Could just be the camera angle. Some of our big reels cry out for a base like a Redwood sapling.

vandenberg - 12-29-2012 at 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Osprey
Those rods he made for you and others around the midrift look perfect for that kind of action Jim. Do you think Rigo could make rods for big, adult fish that we catch down south here at the mouth of The Big Ocean? Could just be the camera angle. Some of our big reels cry out for a base like a Redwood sapling.

:P:P
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Pescador - 12-30-2012 at 09:40 AM

Quote:

Osprey, he tells me that for you he can build guides on a telephone pole so that you can haul in the really big ones. You may have to move up here when those fish get too big for you and play with our little fish.

bajaguy - 12-30-2012 at 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by LancairDriver
Sweet. I'll be going by there in a few weeks and maybe pick up one or two. You can never have too many rods or guns.

I like the way you think!!!!!

woody with a view - 12-30-2012 at 09:56 AM

or surfboards. i only have 4....

Osprey - 12-30-2012 at 10:15 AM

Just kidding. I'm a kidder. Be sure to tell him that because he might feed me to the fishes.

Wish I was up that way to buy one of those. I'm fishing more now that I got rid of my boat so my gear is starting to show some use, its age. I almost find some reason in that celebrate -- now I look for wear and tear, find it and then have to tussle with The Minister of Finance, my wife so I can repair or upgrade. I real challenge. My default excuse "I coulda been a golfer" is wearing thin.

Pescador - 12-30-2012 at 10:27 AM

Quote:
Just kidding. I'm a kidder. Be sure to tell him that because he might feed me to the fishes.

Wish I was up that way to buy one of those. I'm fishing more now that I got rid of my boat so my gear is starting to show some use, its age. I almost find some reason in that celebrate -- now I look for wear and tear, find it and then have to tussle with The Minister of Finance, my wife so I can repair or upgrade. I real challenge. My default excuse "I coulda been a golfer" is wearing thin.

I told him what you said and he started laughingh and said, "Oh, you mean Chuparosa Jorge said that". Tell him he gets the special price cause he helped out his neighbor with a panga.