BajaNomad

I HAVE TO SINCERELY APOLOGIZE...

Udo - 12-29-2012 at 03:38 PM

To all Nomads who sent me e-mails and U2U's.

Logging on to the internet was a nightmare with my MACBOOK PRO.
I'm going to the APPLE GENUIS BAR this afternoon.

The only place I could log on almost instantly, was at the wifi spot at MAMA ESPINOZA's.

Except at Shari's place, where I found out I had several pages open in my cache, all other places swore they had internet wifi. But even when I was sitting next to their server, I still could not log on. Too windy, too many other people logged on at the same time, too little bandwidth, etc.
I tried to log on to photobucket in BAJA, and never made the connection.

I'll post my trip report (complete with photos and up-to-date road reports), tomorrow when I'm no so wasted-tired.

David K - 12-29-2012 at 03:42 PM

Thank you Udo.... So you didn't get as far south as you planned or did you do it fast? Hope you both had fun!

willardguy - 12-29-2012 at 03:46 PM

you bastard! I dont think we'll ever be able to forgive you!:lol:

Udo - 12-29-2012 at 03:49 PM

We never went that far East, willard.

sancho - 12-29-2012 at 03:59 PM

What a Gentlemanly post, an apology for
something you had no control over. Look forward
to pics, Happy New Year

Udo - 12-29-2012 at 04:16 PM

Thing is, Sancho, everyone probably thought I was ignoring them.

I'm the first to b-tch when people don't answer back within a reasonable time.
Including my son.

BTW...

I found out that there is some sort of new phone calling procedure for reaching numbers in BAJA. There appears to be no written list, BUT, in addition to dialing the area code (i.e. 646, etc) there is also a region code (such as 044, but not the country region (i.e. 01152 for Mexico).
If someone has a list for the regions, I would appreciate a copy of it. I tried calling numbers (local ones), and all I got was three boops and then hung up.
I have my iPhone with AT&T and have a Mexico plan, and up until this trip, I was always able to make a call from anywhere to anywhere (US or Mexico). Never a hassle.

shari - 12-29-2012 at 04:51 PM

hmmm....when you dial a cell phone from a land line here in mexico, you dial the 044 before the number if it's local and 045 if it's long distance...perhaps that is what you are referring to? and dont forget the 011-52-1-and the cell number when calling a cell from the states.

I hope you get your Mac thing sorted out and look forward to your trip report!

woody with a view - 12-29-2012 at 05:26 PM

....something about a glass float :fire:.....

:fire:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::light::light::light::light::lol::lol::lol::lol::P:P:P

DENNIS - 12-29-2012 at 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Udo
BUT, in addition to dialing the area code (i.e. 646, etc) there is also a region code (such as 044,

That particular combination, 044 646 *******, is for calling a cell phone in and around Ensenada.
Sorry if that just adds more confusion.

BajaBlanca - 12-29-2012 at 07:23 PM

I found this cell phone calling business very hard to understand !

If your cell phone area code is the same area code as you are calling:dial 044 area code and the phone #

If your cell phone is one area code and the one you are calling has a different one, then you put 045 area code and the phone #

I have never been able to call a cell phone from the States,
thanks Shari !

shari - 12-29-2012 at 07:37 PM

if you dial cell to cell in mexico, you just dial the area code and number...but if you want to call a cell phone from a land line is when you have to dial the 044-area code and number for a cell in your area code...or 045 to call a cell long distance...capiche?

alot of people cant seem to call a mex cell because they forget that little one after the 52 and before the area code....that is only if you are calling from a land line.

[Edited on 12-30-2012 by shari]

Udo - 12-29-2012 at 08:12 PM

Perhaps if I 'splain it differently...

I tried calling, you, Shari, from San Quintin.
I just got the three bloops, and then nothing else.

Now,
when I got to Guerrero Negro I got through OK.

Then three weeks ago I was in TS.
Tried to call Osprey's land line and DT's phone numbers (cell, landline and his US cell number).
Somehow I managed to get through to Ospreys landline, but none of DT's numbers worked...and I had three of them.

This morning I tried to call Poco Cielo from Mama Espinoza's...no luck.
But when I got to Ensenada, I got through OK.

However, if I call from my cell in the US, I can dial directly without the (01152-1) to any Mexican phone number.
I also could not get through Kathleen's number (Bajabound2005), no matter where I called from.

I think Slim is trying to monopolize something else now!

Udo - 12-29-2012 at 08:16 PM

I tried to call the number I had on my contact number, and no luck.
This time a voice came on that said the number I was calling was out of service and to check the number.

I'll u2u my next trip to San Diego. I need to go by the Hobie Dealer in Mission Beach.

Quote:
Originally posted by woody with a view

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::light::light::light::light::lol::lol::lol::lol::P:P:P

Bajaboy - 12-29-2012 at 08:31 PM

That's a shame...we're streaming Netflix at our place here in Asuncion

[Edited on 12-30-2012 by Bajaboy]

woody with a view - 12-30-2012 at 06:59 AM

U2U......

Quote:
Originally posted by Udo
I tried to call the number I had on my contact number, and no luck.
This time a voice came on that said the number I was calling was out of service and to check the number.

I'll u2u my next trip to San Diego. I need to go by the Hobie Dealer in Mission Beach.

Quote:
Originally posted by woody with a view