BajaNomad

National Geographic attempts ANOTHER Baja walk!

LASURFER - 12-31-2012 at 12:19 PM

Just made an account to post this because this seems so similar to the Baja 3000 walk. It looks like a couple of guys are claiming National Geographic is behind their expedition to traverse the entire peninsula by foot. Seems almost as ridiculous as John and Rachel Peck. Would love to know if anyone knows anything about this.

www.facebook.com/WHATISWEST

David K - 12-31-2012 at 12:29 PM

Hopefully they read about Mike Younghusband's or Graham Mackintosh's walks first and will follow their methods!

mtgoat666 - 12-31-2012 at 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by LASURFER
www.facebook.com/WHATISWEST

Youthful enthusiasm,... I like it!

David K - 12-31-2012 at 12:50 PM

Nice... adventure is where you find it... and in Baja it is found all over!

dtbushpilot - 12-31-2012 at 01:10 PM

Welcome to Nomads LASURFER...

Marc - 12-31-2012 at 01:19 PM

Walking Baja is OK. Biking Baja is crazy!:o:o:o

BajaGeoff - 12-31-2012 at 01:40 PM

What a great adventure....walking and paddling Baja! Kudos to Nat Geo for getting behind this project. I can't wait to see the finished video that they produce!

DianaT - 12-31-2012 at 01:49 PM

Hopefully they will follow their own personal agenda and NOT try to follow in the footsteps of others --- that is what adventure is all about.

Knowing too much ahead of time, too many exact GPS points, seeing too many pictures, etc., IMHO takes away most of the adventure. It then just becomes follow the leader. JMHO I know we prefer to make our own wrong turns and discoveries.

Considering who they are and their backer, they will probably do just great. It will be interesting to follow them as they blaze their own trail.

On Edit --- the old video they have on their facebook page is interesting to watch!.

[Edited on 12-31-2012 by DianaT]

bajagrouper - 12-31-2012 at 02:14 PM

i hope it turns out to be like some of the recent survival shows where the "hosts"
endup drinking their own urine....LOL

DianaT - 12-31-2012 at 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajagrouper
i hope it turns out to be like some of the recent survival shows where the "hosts"

Ah yes, we need another reality show! :lol:

Don't think that will happen with National Geo --- what a great sponsor and from their bios, they seem very much up to the task.

BajaBlanca - 1-1-2013 at 11:58 AM

Each adventure is another story .... look at all the folks who climg the same mountains as lots before them.

Nat Geo is a great sponsor and I bet it will be amazing.

welcome lasurfer and thanks for sharing.

willardguy - 1-1-2013 at 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajagrouper
dont forget the urine filled baggy to create a magnifying glass to start a fire!

rts551 - 1-2-2013 at 12:03 PM

Nat Geo has my support....wonder who else will take advantage of their adventure?

DENNIS - 1-2-2013 at 12:13 PM

What's up with the Nat Geo channel? They have some serious access to topics and people that seems to be exclusive. I believe they're the only outfit that has interviewed GWB since he left office.
Are the owners fellow Skull 'n Bones guys?