BajaNomad

Community arts and crafts Market - Los Barriles

BajaBlanca - 1-5-2013 at 05:57 PM

and this is the same jaguar we bought in Palenque

beautiful honey jars

This market goes from 9 to 1 pm and the1 pmdadlineis striclty adhered to since the wind really kicks up and starts blowing tables over. There was some food but not a lot. We wanted to see Sandy's necklaces- she just started her side business, but she had already left. Next time !

[Edited on 1-6-2013 by BajaBlanca]

windgrrl - 1-5-2013 at 08:17 PM

You did miss all the food! There was tamales, empanadas, choco-flan, zilch inane loaf, upside- down pineapple loaf, carrot loaf, cinnamon buns, Oscar's organic veggies and gourmet foods from Miraflores, the fresh herbs, the spinach dip, potato salad, dried spices and hot sauces, fresh bread, buns, coffee, juice stand and fresh organic strawberries.

It was one of the most- well attended since it started last winter. Will buy you to a coffee next time you go to market, but I go early.;D

BajaBlanca - 1-7-2013 at 02:36 PM

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I had no idea there was prepared foods! I thought it was more like a farmer's market .... you are on windgrrl ! and I presume you are a kite surfer ???? there were so many of them absolutely flying thru the air.

we are thinking of going back in May ... for a 5 de mayo party and I would love to snorkel at cabo pulmo.

BajaBlanca - 1-7-2013 at 04:06 PM

the good news: we bought these wooden cheese boards and they are fantastic. The 4 little ones I bargained hard for and gota 50% discount - 4 for 200 pesos instead of 100 pesos each! The larger one was 190 pesos (can't remember exactly).

I put the bananas so you could gauge the size - it is missing a little bowl for salsa that I haven't found yet.

LoyeB - 1-7-2013 at 04:25 PM

Right on, very cool. I like the license plates.

BajaBlanca - 1-8-2013 at 09:49 AM

welcome to the world of bajanomads LoyeB

I thought those license plates were a fab way to recycle them !