BajaNomad

La Paz Flights

Lengua - 1-19-2013 at 12:39 PM

Any word on any airline Picking up the Alaska air flights going into La Paz ?

Thanks , mike

gnukid - 1-19-2013 at 12:58 PM

Translate this article-summary aero mexico will once again fly really old heavily vibrating planes with no working bathroom from LA to La Paz... Yay! http://colectivopericu.wordpress.com/2013/01/16/regresa-aero...

Not really, Just kidding.

[Edited on 1-20-2013 by gnukid]

Alan - 1-19-2013 at 01:28 PM

It has to be better than the puddle jumpers Alaska stuck us in!

mirko - 1-19-2013 at 03:16 PM

After my oh so pleasant (really!) experience Tijuana to La Paz and back on Volaris during Christmas, I dobt that I would choose any other route if it seems the least bit hinky. I wrote about my experience on this forum at that time. Thursdays and Sundays makes it hard, too. I don't understand Alaska leaving the route. Granted, I only flew a few times, but the planes were full and the fares expensive. Looked like a cash cow to me. Were they empty the rest of the time?

Alan - 1-19-2013 at 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mirko
After my oh so pleasant (really!) experience Tijuana to La Paz and back on Volaris during Christmas, I dobt that I would choose any other route if it seems the least bit hinky. I wrote about my experience on this forum at that time. Thursdays and Sundays makes it hard, too. I don't understand Alaska leaving the route. Granted, I only flew a few times, but the planes were full and the fares expensive. Looked like a cash cow to me. Were they empty the rest of the time?
I flew Alaska a few times a year, every year and they were near full both directions everytime. Something else must have gone on behind the scenes but I'm sure we'll never know. I find it particularly hard to swallow that they were losing money on that route they only flew 3 days a week but they are confident 5 days a week into Loreto will be profitable?

elizabeth - 1-19-2013 at 08:51 PM

[Edited on 1-20-2013 by elizabeth]