BajaNomad

SIGH...I found a home.

M - 1-20-2013 at 06:15 PM

Well, I did it. I found a home in 'Quintas Del Mar', in Rosarito Beach. A 2 bedroom, 1 1/2 bath with a great front porch with no yard or garage...or, heater...or, A/C. Sigh... or fireplace, BUT, it does have a washer/dryer, fridge and stove, so, I better just count my blessings.
When I walked in, I was a bit confused at the wall shelves, that were DEFINATLY 4" off kilter. At the end of the hall, I saw, hell, the whole place settled and was off kilter. Confirmed were the broken tiles throughout the house. Ah well. I have rugs.
I'm a block from a beach that reminds me of Florida, long, straight, white, no rocks. There is a lovely restrante that I hear is first rate, right at the sand line. I have a beautiful pool, that will probably see the same traffic I gave mine here at the condo. 2X a year.
Well, my Chihuahua loves it, and as her vote is double to mine, I never stood a chance. My two cats, left back home, must rely on reports from the Chihuahua, and being an honorable little mutt, I had hoped her word would be sufficient to explain it was perfectly fine, and their needs to be 'catty,' would be met...
Ohh, ohh, you would, THINK!

Let me explain, 'Kia', is a breed specific Siamese. Her buddy, a Balinese, named 'Selina' is simply, a fuzzier siamese, long haired.
These b-tches...oops, sweethearts, are VERY vocal about all their positions and ideas, and usually, I fold before complete insanity sets in, from all their whining, yowling and discontent. Yeah, there is a pecking order here and I'm in a very delicate position.
I have spent a great many hours convincing them all is well, but then again, they never really forgave my lies about why Daddy left. I don't get it myself, so, HOW can I explain?

They and I will learn to adjust. We will soon, hopefully meet that point, I have been reaching for.
All will be over. Life will be new, cleansed, no expectations, a whole, fresh plate.

I'm going to have the coffee on. I'm keeping my white wicker patio set, perfect to sit and chat awhile. I hope my Amigo's will stop on by, for a meal, a shower, a bed. I'll be in Baja now. All icky stuff, left North. It's just me now, and I'm looking forward to renewing, long lost friends....

Who knows when i can check in here again, but, you are not forgotten, I am always with you, nobody keeping me away now.
Thanks for everything,
BIG HUGS,
M

Paulina - 1-20-2013 at 06:47 PM

Congratulations M. I'm glad you have a place to be "home". If it doesn't have all the bells and whistles you were originally looking for, maybe you can use it as a starting off point, and go from there. At least you're in Baja, where you belong.

This is going to be a good year, I can tell.

Love you,
P>*)))>{

AmoPescar - 1-20-2013 at 08:42 PM

M...VERY HAPPY FOR YOU!

Hope all goes well as you get settled in and get to know the neighborhood, neighbors, etc. Looking forward to some updates and stories about it all.

I look forward to stopping by some day for a visit (I'll bring the cervezas)!

Mguelamo :yes: :) :yes: :tumble:

Made me WIGGLE....

M - 1-20-2013 at 08:43 PM

Oh, Paulina,
You of course could spark that bit of anticipation and excitement that I needed to keep this adventure alive. Of course you know, I am a bit, scared out of my mind right now. I had already believed my life was set, even if it wasn't my own road; But, that was the deal.
Now, I think a favor was given me, and I can realize my own dreams now.
No mater how I got here, I am back in the fold.
I just have to wrap up the details, but, I have a home.
I am looking forward to welcoming Amigos as they travel North..or...South, no matter, I want to hear a story... I will look forward to all that come through.
A fresh start. That is a legacy that Nomads can give. I will take advantage...of all of that. Thank you..
M

So. That's life. That's how it is.

M - 1-20-2013 at 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by AmoPescar
M...VERY HAPPY FOR YOU!

Hope all goes well as you get settled in and get to know the neighborhood, neighbors, etc. Looking forward to some updates and stories about it all.

I look forward to stopping by some day for a visit (I'll bring the cervezas)!

Thank YOU Amo, I always knew, you were a die-hard, gentleman...That's just what I need now. Yeah, Yeah, I realize what a pathetic mess I am right now, BUT, A welcome reminder you gave me, that there are men of honor left.
I will be fine, as long as I can believe that gentlemen, still exist.
You bring the Cervezia, I'll cook!
BIG hugs,
M

Mguelamo :yes: :) :yes: :tumble:

David K - 1-20-2013 at 09:07 PM

Glad you found a place... lucky girl you... living in Baja!

willardguy - 1-20-2013 at 09:31 PM

hey there's worse fate than living next door to the beachcomer! nice place and hope to meet ya there sometime!:bounce:

AmoPescar - 1-20-2013 at 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by M
Quote:
Originally posted by AmoPescar
M...VERY HAPPY FOR YOU!

Thank YOU Amo, I always knew, you were a die-hard, gentleman...That's just what I need now. Yeah, Yeah, I realize what a pathetic mess I am right now, BUT, A welcome reminder you gave me, that there are men of honor left.
I will be fine, as long as I can believe that gentlemen, still exist.
You bring the Cervezia, I'll cook!
BIG hugs,
M

You are VERY welcome!

I am very excited for you as you start out on your new life! I am also considering something similar, so I will be looking for you to be my inspiration and guiding light. I think Rosarito will be the perfect place to start your adventure and getting to know the Mexican way...and it will be a great jumping off point for your many other Baja adventures.

Awaiting your stories...

Miguelamo :yes: ;) :yes: :)

Ah....Gee..

M - 1-20-2013 at 10:29 PM

David K - 1-21-2013 at 01:00 PM

Remember to update your Nomad Location in the Control Panel...no mas Laguna Niguel!

See your u2u in box for a message from an old friend!

Skipjack Joe - 1-21-2013 at 02:12 PM

Tell them that daddy left because he found a younger b-tch. :o They'll understand.

BajaBlanca - 1-21-2013 at 02:16 PM

Welcome to Baja ! Please check in often and let us know how it is going ... surely some neighbors will let you use their internet til you get set up ....

DENNIS - 1-21-2013 at 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Skipjack Joe
Tell them that daddy left because he found a younger b-tch. :o They'll understand.

You mean he wasn't overtaken with enlightenment and ran off to a monastery? :o

"My quest for Thomas Merton's shoes. He ain't using them anymore."
Some day it will be a great book.

jureal - 1-21-2013 at 03:47 PM

That is a nice area. Friends have a 2 br house there and we sometimes get to use it.
Will keep you in mind if we go. The mariscos stand just walking distance south of the Quintas del Mar is really good.

MINDY! LOLOL...Too funny.

M - 1-22-2013 at 09:13 AM

David K - 1-22-2013 at 06:34 PM

Where's jeans' post that was 'too funny'???

The hunt may be on again.

M - 1-24-2013 at 05:39 PM

The realtor, STILL has not been able to reach the owner about my wanting to rent her home at at Quintas Del Mar.. The place is furnished, but she will have to agree to get rid of some things, so, I have NO idea where I stand. I think I have to keep the search open...In 2 weeks, I'll be literally, homeless with 2 cats and a chihuahua.
I'm heading down tomorrow, Friday with $2,000 cash, now, I just need someone to take it. KEEP EARS open folks, if you hear, I would appreciate news.Starting to get a bit nervous.:O

David K - 1-24-2013 at 06:46 PM

Huh? See if Ferna has any connections... and I thought you and the critters were all settled in already!

MMc - 1-24-2013 at 07:11 PM

M, Good luck. I find that driving around and looking is the best way. Ask places that are for sale, many owners will rent to cash flow the place instead of selling it. There are a lot of owners that are afraid to go, or are tired of the monthly cost. If they could get a renter they would keep it until, the prices are a little stronger. You should be able to cut a deal.
A realtor wants to get you in the most expensive or high paying place and may not have your interest at hart.

M

Baja Bernie - 1-24-2013 at 08:15 PM

From the guy you love to hate...Will this be the base from which Grunt two will be based....Glad for you!

willardguy - 1-24-2013 at 10:07 PM

would you be interested in a oceanfront studio in SADM?

nobaddays - 1-25-2013 at 06:22 AM

Or an ocean view Condo in Cabo San Lucas for $600.00 a month?