BajaNomad

The Bread Man in La Paz

bajajudy - 1-21-2013 at 09:55 PM

OMG
Stopped by Les' today...I highly recommend his pan rustico.
Cherry empanadas....my husband just said, "That is one of the best things I have eaten in a long time"
What a treat

RnR - 1-21-2013 at 10:32 PM

Where is his shop, now? Either I can not remember which corner it is near the Mission Plaza or the shop has moved.

Thx

Floatflyer - 1-22-2013 at 07:24 AM

bajajudy,

How would you compare the two bakeries, Les' in La Paz to the Cabo Bakery in Cabo? My wife prefers the Cabo Bakery for bread especially because they have excellent rye bread, which they will slice for free. Les' does not have a slicer.

Cabo Bakery is located in the old Lenny's Deli location, across the street from Sam's Club and is run by a nice German fellow from Stuttgart.

I prefer Les' for pasteries and sweets. Cabo Bakery's focus is more on bread.

bajajudy - 1-22-2013 at 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by RnR
Where is his shop, now? Either I can not remember which corner it is near the Mission Plaza or the shop has moved.

Thx

New location on Madero at Constitucion, one block north of the Parque Velasco

Floater
I live in San Jose and have never tried the bread from that bakery. I will the next time I am in San Lucas, for sure.

karenintx - 1-22-2013 at 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Floatflyer
bajajudy,

My wife prefers the Cabo Bakery for bread especially because they have excellent rye bread, which they will slice for free.

The other day he had some bread bowls...yummy for soups, stews or chili!

RnR - 1-22-2013 at 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajajudy
Quote:
Originally posted by RnR

Thx

New location on Madero at Constitucion, one block north of the Parque Velasco

Floater
I live in San Jose and have never tried the bread from that bakery. I will the next time I am in San Lucas, for sure.

Gracias!