BajaNomad

Incredible Border Wait Today (1/29/13)

MexicoTed - 1-29-2013 at 05:58 PM

I had the shortest border wait I've had walking across the border in 15 years. I was in TJ today for a dental appt. When I got in line to cross back I checked my phone and it was 2:39. When I crossed into the U.S. is was 2:54. 15 minutes! Must have been my lucky day!

David K - 1-29-2013 at 06:16 PM

Good for you Ted!

My last trip south (by car) had the longest wait, 5 hours, Tecate on a Sunday afternoon.

Last time we walked across was last July to get our FMM's... maybe 30 minutes at Tijuana coming back, on foot.

El Comadante Loco - 1-29-2013 at 07:07 PM

David

No Sentri??? Que pasa amigo???... Never leave home without Sentri.....

güero - 1-29-2013 at 07:10 PM

Last two times in auto, over 5 hours each. Tecate Sunday afternoon. Otay Saturday mid morning. I'll try Tijuana next time, maybe make it a turkey.

I think the're trying to discourage day crossers. Keep the money in the States. What do you think?

liknbaja127 - 1-29-2013 at 07:37 PM

Yea David K last time on sunday, I think end of march, Tecate, 5hr 15 min.
painfull. still had a great time at Mikes.

CortezBlue - 1-29-2013 at 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by El Comadante Loco
David

Shhhhhhhhsh....don't tell everyone, I don't want to lose my spot in linr:cool:

1 Hour Crossing SOUTH

wornout - 1-29-2013 at 08:37 PM

Thursday evening at 10 till 5, we got in line at the Old Border Crossing in Calexico. At that time, we were the first car at the intersection of Hwy 111 and 98. At 6:10, an hour and 20 minutes later, we were in Mexicali.

Sentri does no good heading south. What a mess. The month before, we used the New Border Crossing in Mexicali. It was only 30 minutes but then another 45 to get through town over to Hwy 2 and Hwy 5.

Pescador - 1-29-2013 at 08:46 PM

Quote:
David

Works fine if you use the same vehicle all the time, no trailer, and do not have over two passengers. So we find that lots of times it does us no good.

lizard lips - 1-29-2013 at 10:09 PM

I crossed with Sentri today at SY---7 minutes.

David K - 1-29-2013 at 10:38 PM

Quote:
David

No Rudy, no tenemos sentri, que lastima!

Solemente viaje en Mexico dos o tres veces cada año, pues no quiero la problema para obtenar el sentri.

Anyway, that long wait was in Max's car, not mine... Funny thing, we didn't mind... It was good chatting with my co-author on the missions book... and neither of us needed to pee all that time, lol!

I crossed last Thursday

M - 1-30-2013 at 04:42 PM

And had a 27 minute wait at 10:45 AM.

I'm going across tomorrow with another load, back on Sat.
I'm back on the hunt for a home again. I went back to look at the house I had chosen in Rosarito, but a closer look showed termite damage was so extensive, it wouldn't hold paint.
Keep eye's and ears open for me. My budget is $600, mo. UNFURNISHED.
I'm trying to stay close to Calafia and Popolito.
Thanks,
M

BajaBlanca - 1-30-2013 at 05:11 PM

good luck with your hunt, M,. bummer that it didn't work out with your first choice.

bajaguy - 1-30-2013 at 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Pescador

Works fine if you use the same vehicle all the time, no trailer, and do not have over two passengers. So we find that lots of times it does us no good.

Uh, you can have more than 2 in a car......as long as they all have SENTRI

DavidE - 1-31-2013 at 12:29 PM

Pee bottle, a good paperback, a loud horn to blast errant vendors out of the way, and lots of snacks. My luck for a short wait would be like hoping for short shirt sleeve weather at the North Pole.