BajaNomad

Tecate crossing Thursday Jan. 24th, 2013

tripledigitken - 1-29-2013 at 08:10 PM

As I mentioned in another post we came back from an 8 day trip through Gonzaga Bay and San Felipe. We went over La Rumorosa grade on the toll road and ultimately crossed at Tecate.

When we arrived at Tecate it was noon and we saw no vehicles going up the access road along the fence, we crested the hill and no cars visible down the hill either. When we got to the right turn at the crossing booths, not one car in line.

SWEET

David K - 1-29-2013 at 10:54 PM

What a beautiful feeling! :bounce:

paranewbi - 1-30-2013 at 08:21 AM

We walked across for some tacos last Wed. 16th at 11:00am. Looked up the hill for the car line and didn't see any cars in line. We returned back at about 2pm to cross back and saw few cars at the booths at that time also.

BAck to Mexico

capitolkat - 2-1-2013 at 10:48 AM

We came through on our way back to La Paz on the 29th about noon and there were no cars coming into Mexico from the US at TEcate. Green light and off we go. We passed through going North on the 17th about 1 PM and there were about 6 cars ahead of us, it was slow as they were changing shifts-:lol:- about 10 minutes.

TMW - 2-1-2013 at 10:58 AM

I had the same experience once last year but they sent me to secondary. I guess they had to do something.