BajaNomad

Huge Hooked Marlin Sinks Boat

Bob H - 1-30-2013 at 07:07 PM

This didn't happen in Baja, but I'm sure it is an interesting story to Baja anglers. The marlin is so large it sinks the fishing boat!

Everyone on board was rescued.

http://www.grindtv.com/outdoor/blog/50860/a+hooked+marlin+si...

Loretana - 1-30-2013 at 08:44 PM

Nature bats last. :saint:

Moby Dick.

[Edited on 1-31-2013 by Loretana]

Well,, There you GO !!

captkw - 1-30-2013 at 09:57 PM

Backing down on a fish enough to take on Water,, dosnt entitle the guy running the boat to be called a captain !! more like FOOL, would be best used in this case !!! and on a side note: you can get hurt (Bigtime) fishing !!boats and folks have been speared from marlin and a WAHoo, can take a finger off and you might not noticed it even happened till you see blood !!

jbcoug - 1-30-2013 at 10:57 PM

You gotta be smarter than what you are hunting or fishing for!

John

John

captkw - 1-30-2013 at 11:59 PM

Hola,, One would think so !! LOL :lol:

bajadave1 - 1-31-2013 at 09:11 AM

The fish had nothing to do with the stupid captain sinking the boat.
:bounce::bounce::bounce:

chuckie - 1-31-2013 at 09:18 AM

Not impossible even for smart guys (like me). Back in the day, we were trying to get a BIG grouper into a 16 foot tin boat...2 fishermen and big grouper in one back corner of the boat, transom went under...Fortunately the dumbest of the three (that would be me) fell out of the boat backards, saving the day....

Bob H - 1-31-2013 at 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by chuckie
Not impossible even for smart guys (like me). Back in the day, we were trying to get a BIG grouper into a 16 foot tin boat...2 fishermen and big grouper in one back corner of the boat, transom went under...Fortunately the dumbest of the three (that would be me) fell out of the boat backards, saving the day....

I have a vision in my head of this event.... :lol::lol:

chuckie - 1-31-2013 at 04:30 PM

Kinda like the day I roped a Momma cow looking for her baby off my 4 wheeler? (I have a college degree)