BajaNomad

Puerto Escondido Photos

msawin - 2-1-2013 at 08:06 AM

We went for a hike Monday with a couple neighbors that had not been to the top of the hill behind us..Took a few photos.

This shot looking south towards Ligui. Rattlesnake Beach below.

A little climb at the top.

and of course the port itself... Loreto to the top left. My cell phone works on the top.. Ive taken my GPS to the top its marked it at around 1,000 ft.

Ateo - 2-1-2013 at 09:10 AM

Nice shots. Thanks!! Looks like a perfect hike.

TMW - 2-1-2013 at 11:17 AM

Ditto, nice

msawin - 2-1-2013 at 11:57 AM

Tripui below... Hwy 1 to the west, Gigatnas Mt Range also...

David K - 2-1-2013 at 08:55 PM

Have you any photos of the rock wall built in mission days, at Puerto Escondido?

rock wall

msawin - 2-2-2013 at 08:15 AM

You can drive on the beach were the RV's camp, on past Playa Juncalito along the beach to a more eastern point into the hills again. You can look to the south at Puerto Eccondido. You can actually walk down to it. The rock wall, of God only knows how old it is, runs along that end of earth. Maybe one would think to corral an animal type.Maybe on one of my next trips down [4-weeks] we will go over take a few photos.. It really is amazing, how many hours to create..

David K - 2-2-2013 at 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by msawin
You can drive on the beach were the RV's camp, on past Playa Juncalito along the beach to a more eastern point into the hills again. You can look to the south at Puerto Eccondido. You can actually walk down to it. The rock wall, of God only knows how old it is, runs along that end of earth. Maybe one would think to corral an animal type.Maybe on one of my next trips down [4-weeks] we will go over take a few photos.. It really is amazing, how many hours to create..

Thank you! The only photo I have seen is from Jack Swords, maybe 10 years ago. Here it is with a caption on Jack's History Photo web page:

The well built, mortarless wall is 4 feet tall by 3 feet wide and quite long. It resembles other walls found at mission sites in Baja. Photo c Jack Swords

More of Jack's photos: Jack Swords Baja History Site Photos