BajaNomad

FINALLY, we are out the door! Photobucket Story finally done.

vgabndo - 2-1-2013 at 10:51 AM

Vagabndo, and co-pilota Cathy are within :30 of heading out the door. Time to weep for our terribly conflicted kitties, and wish them (and the house-sitter) well. I've started at Photobucket story page which I'll try to keep updated with pictures. Here's the URL:

http://s99.beta.photobucket.com/user/vgabndo/story/9281# I just checked this and it comes up, such as it is. I'll share this with non-Baja friends. The kitties were fine, and showered us with love and attention when we got home.

[Edited on 3-23-2013 by vgabndo]

tiotomasbcs - 2-1-2013 at 10:59 AM

Buen Viaje. Amigo. When you're sitting in the sun in a few days I'm sure the snowy cold of Shasta will melt away. My kitties have to survive down here in August/September. Feel the warmth and Onda of Mexico/Baja Lindo. Let us all know when you are in the area. :tumble: Tio

bajadogs - 2-1-2013 at 03:04 PM

Sign me up Vags. Happy and safe travels amigo!

BajaBlanca - 2-1-2013 at 03:19 PM

Have a great trip !

woody with a view - 2-1-2013 at 03:21 PM

See you tomorrow! Cold beers and dinner/breakfast on the patio looking at the lights of TJ.

Iflyfish - 2-1-2013 at 04:02 PM

Yahoo!!!!

May god be with you.....er....oops.....may the goddess be with you.....er....oops....may your wits be about you.....that's more like it!

Sun's waiting. Have a great trip amigo!

Iflyfishcommiamigos

Timo1 - 2-1-2013 at 05:19 PM

Remember what we learned together on the beach

Ken Bondy - 2-1-2013 at 05:28 PM

May zeus be with you!!! Que le vaya bien amigo.

woody with a view - 2-1-2013 at 07:49 PM

Neptune smiles on you and yours!

shari - 2-1-2013 at 08:03 PM

rollin rollin rollin...buen viaje amigos...may the great spirit be with you....hasta pronto....keep us updated on your pit stops.

Ateo - 2-1-2013 at 09:11 PM

Richard Dawkins told me to tell you to have a good time because you're lucky to even be alive. What are the odds? All those billions of sperm and eggs and just the right 2 connected and made you. All the others were never realized. Don't blow this insane chance at existence by driving too fast on the I-5 headed to Woody's.

Have fun. :cool::cool::cool:

Islandbuilder - 2-1-2013 at 09:53 PM

Safe travels, we'll be heading through Shasta on Tuesday on our way toward some sun.

bajamedic - 2-2-2013 at 09:20 AM

Vgabndo,your link goes to a "private" page and I am looking forward to seeing your photos. I will be leaving for San Felipe soon, maybe we will pass somewhere along the way. JH

woody with a view - 2-2-2013 at 05:50 PM

Cathy's passport arrived this morning. The two of them are here now resting up before the big vacation!:o

woody with a view - 2-3-2013 at 09:02 AM

Mr and Mrs Vgabndo are heading south!

Bien Viaje Compas....

Iflyfish - 2-3-2013 at 09:42 AM

Yea:bounce::bounce::bounce:

Iflyfish

woody with a view - 2-3-2013 at 10:19 AM

he mentioned a care package for you.

acadist - 2-3-2013 at 11:04 AM

Safe travels!

MikeYounghusband - 2-3-2013 at 11:57 AM

Hope to see you guys.

BajaBlanca - 2-4-2013 at 09:38 AM

if you are headed to asuncion, make sure to visit us too, 1.5 hours south along a beautiful coastal route.

woody with a view - 2-4-2013 at 05:40 PM

they were overnighting in catavina last night. from there it's anyones guess as the whims of the road will lead them.

shari - 2-4-2013 at 09:02 PM

Vgabndo & his copilot arrived safe and sound but a bit roadweary..to enjoy the sunset in Asuncion. I''m sure they will report in when they get settled.

Hey Mike...I think it's time for a little road trip up here...I'll make the mint juleps this time!

Iflyfish - 2-5-2013 at 08:23 AM

Yreka, they have found us!

Iflyfishconminomadamigos

vgabndo - 2-6-2013 at 05:00 PM

I can't believe I just lost that whole post!!!! Trouble in paradise.

The worst thing that has happened all day BY FAR.

We had a good trip down, with wonderful hospitality at Woody and Bia's.

We are looking forward to a welcome party tonight.

For the motorheads...the Dodge diesel got almost 14 mpg on average. Diesel in Visciano was $3.33. Compared to $4.20 on I-5. With the camper 'wet' we weigh about 10 k lbs.

More later, gotta check the BBQ!

1st download baja 13 078.jpg2.jpg3.jpg - 39kB

woody with a view - 2-6-2013 at 05:51 PM

enjoy the warmth!!!

BajaBlanca - 2-8-2013 at 12:19 PM

take a day trip and come visit us in la bocana ! bring shari with you !

MikeYounghusband - 2-8-2013 at 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
Vgabndo & his copilot arrived safe and sound but a bit roadweary..to enjoy the sunset in Asuncion. I''m sure they will report in when they get settled.

Hey Mike...I think it's time for a little road trip up here...I'll make the mint juleps this time!
Whats wrong with mine? Sounds good I'll see what I can do.

shari - 2-8-2013 at 02:07 PM

hmmm...sounds like the stirring of a wee gathering...there will be other nomads from SJ coming this weekend so what about a little love in on Sunday??? who's in? either the blowhole or at Rockin Rick's!...saddle up Mike!

Blanca, arent you overdue for some shrimp tacos too....sunday sound good?

[Edited on 2-8-2013 by shari]

BajaBlanca - 2-9-2013 at 08:27 AM

we are overdue !!!!we just might show up !! what time amigos ?

vgabndo - 2-9-2013 at 01:58 PM

For those of you who asked about the Photobucket thing, it is unlocked, but a series of connection/computer problrms have made it impossible for me to add to the story.

TimO., I could have had all the 22" Boca Dulce's I wanted long before dark at our favorite fishing hole! Kept three nice ones for dinner tonight.

Had to be satisfied with Tacos Ramon, Shrimp tacos for lunch.

shari - 2-9-2013 at 03:34 PM

Blanca & Burro Mike....high noon shrimp tacos at Don Ramons....hopefully with windgrrl and the local trash in tow too....be there or be square! Then a BBQ at sunset at Kevin's old digs...polish up your kumbaya campfire songs amigos.

Hook - 2-9-2013 at 05:01 PM

That's pretty good mileage for that weight, Perry. I assume that's not a pop up at that weight, correct?

I'm about 500 lbs over that in a Ford 7.3 LB, 4x4, Supercab and I get about 12.5, at best. No pop-up. But the 6 cyls do get better mileage. Ford bodies are also a bit heavier than Dodges, for comparable skill sets.

Islandbuilder - 2-9-2013 at 05:23 PM

Hi Shari,

We were close, but had to keep a schedule and needed to keep moving.
I was looking forward to seeing what you guys have accomplished in the last year.
Have a wonderful gathering, it sounds like a great time!

shari - 2-9-2013 at 06:13 PM

I've been wondering if you may grace our town with your presence this trip...wow....a schedule in baja...I feel your pain! Have a great trip amigos.

Islandbuilder - 2-9-2013 at 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
I've been wondering if you may grace our town with your presence this trip...wow....a schedule in baja...I feel your pain! Have a great trip amigos.

We would have loved to extend both our time and distance covered, but we are picking up friends in Cabo and then driving with them back to San Diego. Their arrival and and departures are dictated by their work schedules, and so, sadly, are ours.

We'll be back though. No fear.

woody with a view - 2-9-2013 at 07:54 PM

BA is a pretty notch on the coast that shant be missed, or else! there isn't a prettier town on the Pac side. Period!

Islandbuilder - 2-9-2013 at 08:19 PM

Jeeze! I'm sorry OK? It was an accident.

The dog ate my itinerary?

I dropped it in a puddle............

You are, of course, correct. No excuse for missing either BA or Juan and Shari's beautiful part of it.

vgabndo - 2-10-2013 at 11:47 AM

Hook, correctamundo this is no pop-up. 26year old Lance very "wet". I saw about a 2.5 mpg difference between 70 mph on I-5, and Mexico one at a much slower average speed.

this morning is perfect here. If the viento will stay down, maybe some surf fishing in the PM. Time to stow the long sleeves for a few hours!

BajaBlanca - 2-10-2013 at 08:06 PM

We didn't make it .... as you know ..... we had a MEXICAN SENATOR visiting - it was not planned. They decided to check out la bocana at the last minute, left G Negro and came on over. It was veryinteresting talking to both he and his son.

But we missed the shrimp tacos. Hope you all had fun !

Ateo - 2-10-2013 at 08:09 PM

Man, I'm getting flashbacks of my trip down there last Summer. I really love that area and was stoked to meet all ya! Hope to come visit again soon.

vgabndo - 2-12-2013 at 05:03 PM

The tacos were, of course, superb! Too windy to fish though. Valentine's Day with the whales a Ojo with Shari. The wind laid down all morning today.

vgabndo - 2-15-2013 at 04:55 PM

Valentines Day sunrise at Ojo de Liebre palapas.

Ojo de Liebre Valentines Day 13 002b.JPG - 42kB

vgabndo - 2-15-2013 at 05:00 PM

My best whale shot. Mama brought this young calf around several times.

Ojo de Liebre Valentines Day 13 040d.JPG - 46kB

David K - 2-15-2013 at 05:07 PM

Nice!:bounce:

Kgryfon - 2-17-2013 at 04:57 PM

Great photos!