BajaNomad

SUPER BOWL

desertcpl - 2-3-2013 at 12:53 PM

so what is every one having/ making for Super Bowl

we are having Baby backs, the recipe was posted on here before its about the 3 or 4 time we have made then really so good and easy

and I am going with San Francisco

I just found the video

tp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjdZKk7JRyM

I am going to put them in the oven now

[Edited on 2-3-2013 by desertcpl]

ribs.jpg - 39kB

DENNIS - 2-3-2013 at 12:56 PM

YUMMY

David K - 2-3-2013 at 01:21 PM

BBQing pork chops

comitan - 2-3-2013 at 01:49 PM

Same as dcpl except microwave ribs & potato salad.

Skipjack Joe - 2-3-2013 at 01:55 PM

Go Niners!

This will be a tough opponent.

vandenberg - 2-3-2013 at 01:58 PM

Pulled pork, fried with Jalapino, bellpeppers, sun dried tomatoes, onions, garlic, oregano, cumin, chili powder, chipotle chilies, adobo sauce, worchestershire and fresh flower tortillas.

To go with a good martini or two. Tanqueray.:P:spingrin:

Forgot, GO NINERS !!

[Edited on 2-3-2013 by vandenberg]

[Edited on 2-3-2013 by vandenberg]

49er mascot.jpg - 7kB

lizard lips - 2-3-2013 at 02:02 PM

Hot Wings are the ticket.

GO SAN FRANCISCO!

DENNIS - 2-3-2013 at 02:08 PM

I'm not a fan of either, but the Ravens are more seriously motivated.
GO RAVENS.

jeeeezo...I called them the Falcons.

[Edited on 2-3-2013 by DENNIS]

El Comadante Loco - 2-3-2013 at 02:17 PM

Go Chargers:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

desertcpl - 2-3-2013 at 02:19 PM

couple of days ago, the 49ers are 4 1/2 point favorite to win

thats the book in Vegas

woody with a view - 2-3-2013 at 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by El Comadante Loco

^^^what Comandante sez^^^

Peruvian Anticuchos, many beers and then bed by 7pm so I can get up at 2:30am and drive to Yuma for the week and earn some clams.....

Some guys have all the luck, eh?:light:

bajagrouper - 2-3-2013 at 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by El Comadante Loco

"Go Chargers" they have gone to their rooms to watch, Go 9ers...

woody with a view - 2-3-2013 at 02:34 PM

you're either a fan or you aren't. now we know where you sit on the outside of the bandwagon.

keep in mind only one team ends the season happy.....

edit:spelling

[Edited on 2-3-2013 by woody with a view]

acadist - 2-3-2013 at 02:37 PM

I am having Sierra cevechie, made it last night and it is soooooooo good. Already started with a nice helping scooped into my potato and egg burrito for breakfast.

bajajudy - 2-3-2013 at 02:40 PM

At the Oasis in Loreto. Will go to the bar and see if the game is in english. Iif not, we will wander down to augies
Go Niners, er B'more
I like them both.

Trueheart - 2-3-2013 at 02:51 PM

Philly cheesesteak sammiches. Using BBQ'ed porterhouse steak cooked medium rare sliced thinly, with carmelized onions, sauteed peppers, mustard and mayo on sourdough rolls.

Trueheart - 2-3-2013 at 02:57 PM

continued ....

Of course with cheese, melted provolone.

Lots of dips and chips, best dip is made from salmon cakes combined with cream cheese and scallions with a little lemon juice.

Great tasting ceasars this AM, switcing to SNPA at game time.

Go Niners. CK7 .... have a great game!

DianaT - 2-3-2013 at 03:34 PM

Trying to be fairly good---- so

Baked skinless chicken breasts with garlic and dill cooked with mushrooms and onions and a little olive oil.
Cooked asparagus and cauliflower
Big cabbage salad with lots of other veggies, a bit of feta cheese and walnuts dressed with rice wine vinegar.

No desert, no chips and dips, and no cervaza. :no:

And since we have moved, we are now in 49er territory, and just in time! Go niners.

Gosh, those babyback ribs look good. :saint:

desertcpl - 2-3-2013 at 04:01 PM

they do,, they just came out of the oven,, and boy they are falling off the bone,,,

heating up the BBQ,, to put the finishing touch on them

fresh cut veggies with Blue cheese dip, just made our first drink vodka and club soda
, got my Super bowl seat ready to rock and roll,

its really a tough life,, love it

vandenberg - 2-3-2013 at 07:11 PM

niners not doing so hot. Let's hope the power outage helps.
Now, back to my martinis.:biggrin::biggrin:

DianaT - 2-3-2013 at 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by vandenberg
niners not doing so hot. Let's hope the power outage helps.
Now, back to my martinis.:biggrin::biggrin:

Seventeen points in a little over 4 minutes----I think the power outage helped! :biggrin::biggrin:

Keep it up niners.

David K - 2-3-2013 at 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
BBQing pork chops

Switched to chicken brats and grilled Maya onions, on the bbq.

BajaBlanca - 2-3-2013 at 08:31 PM

oh we had such a layout .... we did a potluck with every single gringo resident here in la bocana LOL

stuffed jalapeno wrapped in bacon, sausage wrapped in pastry, broccoli salad, ham, applesauce, ceviche, chicken a la Mexico, international deviled eggs (american, japanese, mexican), seafood chowder, italian salad .... and key lime pie and fresh strawberries for dessert.

and for drinks: beer- tequila - caipirinhas

:bounce:

yup, life is real good.

captain4tuna - 2-3-2013 at 08:36 PM

Habanero and Pineapple glazed chicken wings and.....

Left over Tri-Tip, caramalized onions, spinach, roasted tomatoes, parmeggiano, Mozarella and Goat Cheese PIZZA

Man was it good.......

bajaguy - 2-3-2013 at 08:47 PM

looks like the 40 whiners get to eat crow....er, raven

Heather - 2-3-2013 at 09:02 PM

Steak, baked potatoes, and Brussels sprouts here, strawberries for dessert....I'm with the go Chargers crowd....but the game did get exciting!

BajaParrothead - 2-3-2013 at 10:03 PM

:mad: Two missed calls in the end zone! But if the media and refs want Ray Lewis to go ot with a ring, then they got their wish. He still belongs in the Forida State Prison system!!

Bob H - 2-3-2013 at 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by desertcpl

we are having Baby backs, the recipe was posted on here before its about the 3 or 4 time we have made then really so good and easy

I just found the video

''

You made my bbq ribs recipe... I made them today also!!

Here's the recipe LINK...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjdZKk7JRyM

[Edited on 2-4-2013 by Bob H]

Skipjack Joe - 2-4-2013 at 12:19 AM

It was one of those games.

Early on I thought they couldn't win then later it looked like they couldn't lose. But they lost.

That kickoff return killed them. And the pass rush wasn't good enough to beat a quarterback like that. The two Smith's aren't pushing the pocket like they had in the beginning of the season. The receivers of the Ravens may be better than what the 49ers have. Moss is too old and Crabtree is too small for goal line receptions (he's easily manhandled).

The niners are a better team but didn't play that way tonight.

desertcpl - 2-4-2013 at 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob H
Quote:

I just found the video

''

yes we did,, and they came out finger licking good

BajaBlanca - 2-4-2013 at 08:37 AM

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh those look mouth wateringly delish.

DENNIS - 2-4-2013 at 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Skipjack Joe
It was one of those games.

It was a Las Vegas show with football during the intermission. I wonder how BIG these productions can become?

EnsenadaDr - 2-4-2013 at 09:06 AM

Just wondering why US football is never booted over to the off-topic board like anything I post remotely to do with the US is....but now that I guess it's here to stay Beyonce didn't leave much to the imagination...great physique and all but I would have liked to see the half-time show less of a striptease and more entertainment, like Fergie and the Blackeyed Peas did a few years back.

JMHO

shari - 2-4-2013 at 09:17 AM

a superbowl size gracias to our amigos Redmesa for hosting a fun football party...great pizza, nachos, smoked bonita appetizers and soya chili with some G&T's to wash it all down.

Although I was definitely the black sheep of the crowd...GO RAVENS CAW CAW...and even though I was banished to the far corner & taunted by 49er fans...I DID WIN THE POT EH!!!!! har har har

What I couldnt understand was that there wasnt even one camera shot of any cheerleaders...what ever happened to half time cheerleading & marching bands?

SFandH - 2-4-2013 at 09:19 AM

Just thought I'd practice my photo posting technique. It is a popular topic after all.

For me, the 1/2 time show with mute on was the way to go.

The gal on the left. Mmmm

Bajajorge - 2-4-2013 at 09:54 AM

Well this football season started off with a lousey end zone call. It's just fitting that the season ends with a lousey no call in the end zone.
They say to err is human, but the replay camera says it all.

lizard lips - 2-4-2013 at 10:09 AM

The reffs just let them play and there were several calls that should have been flagged especially the last play. It was obvious it holding and NO CALL!

desertcpl - 2-4-2013 at 10:15 AM

looked like holding to me

Bajajorge - 2-4-2013 at 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by lizard lips
The reffs just let them play and there were several calls that should have been flagged especially the last play. It was obvious it holding and NO CALL!

During the big game I can understand "letting them play", but when the call, or no call hinges the game, they should have made the call.

Trueheart - 2-4-2013 at 11:24 AM

It looked like a holding call was warranted to me also, but I think the 49ers should not have been in the position for that no call to make such a huge difference in the outcome. While I think they are the better team, they allowed a number of opportunities to compromise them. The long passes by Flacco in the first half? The kickoff return to open the 2nd half? Those were killers. The fumble by James led to 7 pts. The int by CK7, while it did not immeidiately lead to points, altered field position and led to 3 pts. on the next exchange. 10 pts. given to the opponent ..... can't do that.

Still, they managed to score 17 pts. unanswered and the momentum had swung in favor of the 49ers and they almost pulled it out. I went from thinking they were dead to cheering again.

Play calling at end (4 plays) near goal line puzzled me. The most dangerous weapon in the game (CK7's feet) and not used.

Did anyone notice earlier in the 4th qtr. when CK7 scrambled midfield, picked up some yards, AND RAN OOB, that they game clock did not stop? I'm going to rewatch that when I can, but I think a good 30 seconds could have beel lost? Would have been nice to have that at the end of the game.

DianaT - 2-4-2013 at 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Trueheart
Play calling at end (4 plays) near goal line puzzled me. The most dangerous weapon in the game (CK7's feet) and not used.

We thought the same thing. It is a shame it ended on a bad call, but those four plays were ?????

DENNIS - 2-4-2013 at 11:42 AM

My only objection to the outcome is that Ray Lewis be called a winner....of any sort.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2013/01/10/ray-lewi...

TMW - 2-4-2013 at 11:42 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Bob H
Quote:

I just found the video

''

yes we did,, and they came out finger licking good

Now that looks like some excellent eating. I gotta try em.

desertcpl - 2-4-2013 at 12:17 PM

the ribs are so easy to make, and so good

Bob H - 2-4-2013 at 12:44 PM

Quote:
the ribs are so easy to make, and so good

And, I have leftovers for tonight!! YEAH:bounce:

desertcpl - 2-4-2013 at 01:13 PM

yea,, I also have left overs, but didnt want to tell any one

Trueheart - 2-4-2013 at 01:13 PM

Dennis,

Agree with you 100% about Ray Lewis. Can't stand that guy. Do people not realize, not know, what this guy's past included?

Steve

Skipjack Joe - 2-4-2013 at 02:30 PM

I don't blame the loss so much on the players as on the coordinators.

The offensive coordinator for not being more imaginative with 4 plays from the 7 yard line.

The first half woes of the defense throughout the playoffs rests mostly on the defensive schemes the coordinator comes up with, not the players. The four man rush hasn't worked for 3 months now but they keep digging that hole by using it every first half. By the time half time adjustments are made they're down 2-3 touchdowns.

The players, themselves, were really playing well throughout. There's a lot of fingers on Culliver but if there's good pressure the qb makes errant throws (or no throws).

That kickoff return shouldn't have happened. The niners parted like the red sea to let him through. Unbelievable. They lost their special teams coach last year and it hurt them all season long.

One things for sure, Greg Roman's chances of being hired as a head coach is unlikely now. They're gonna look long and hard at the play calling on that goal line stand before anyone makes him an offer.

Hook - 2-4-2013 at 04:41 PM

I had no dog in the fight and didnt even watch the game. I was enjoying two excellent games in the Caribbean Baseball Series in the new Estadio Sonora in Hermosillo. Mexico lost a see-saw battle with the favored Dominican Republic team, 6-5 in 11 innings. It is really great to see how much Mexicans enjoy baseball. Great family sport; no drunken futbol yahoos.

Anyway, after seeing the replays in both slo-mo and real time, it sure looked like defensive holding should have been called. I dont care that the offensive player initiated the contact beyond the five yards; holding is holding. And you can see him clearly holding him in the slo-mo shots.

Oh well. Just another reason not to like a game with a clock that can dictate when the end of a game occurs. Games like that are much more liable to be determined on one subjective call than a game like baseball, where the final play of a game is not hurried along by time constraints on officials, players and coaches.

I think we have seen the zenith of professional football in the US. So much information is now coming out about how bad the long-term side effects are on the players. And the games are too expensive for the average person to attend. Of course, the Super Bowl will always be a popular TV event.

And the NBA and hockey have seen significant downturns in attendance and viewership.

Baseball, on the other hand, has far to go. It continues to sweep through the Western Hemisphere and is gaining popularity in China. It's already popular in Japan, Korea and Taiwan. I can see a time where champions from professional leagues in Latin American (at least) might one day compete with the champions of MLB in a true "World" Series.

End of a ridiculously off-subject aside...............:wow:

Cypress - 2-4-2013 at 04:57 PM

"The games people play, every night and every day....":biggrin:

Cypress - 2-4-2013 at 04:59 PM

TW, Looks like you know how to cook a rib!!!!!:bounce:

woody with a view - 2-5-2013 at 06:22 AM

Ray Lewis murder jokes never get old, just like his 2 victims!

on a lighter note, i bought 6 $5 squares in the company pool. i hit the $150 4th quarter 4/1 square!!!!! Mama sez we're going out for dinner this weekend~

Yeah Well, Not Baja Directly

Gypsy Jan - 2-10-2013 at 10:52 PM

But just simply humanity related.

If you watched the budweiser Clydedale commercial, here is Lindsey Buckinghams's superb performance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&...

[Edited on 2-11-2013 by Gypsy Jan]