BajaNomad

Bajanomad get together...

Udo - 2-3-2013 at 02:30 PM

The get together was at the restaurant Muelle Tres, Ensenada, Baja California.

Muelle Tres version of their carpaccio with yellowtail.

This is their version of ceviche...big enough to feed three:

DENNIS - 2-3-2013 at 02:48 PM

Sorry I missed it 'cuz that Pacifico really looks good.

bajaguy - 2-3-2013 at 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Sorry I missed it 'cuz that Pacifico really looks good.

the Pacifico was delicious and cold!!!!

Great getting together with Udo, Janna and Udo's sister, Rhea!!!!!!

DENNIS - 2-3-2013 at 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaguy
Great getting together with Udo, Janna and Udo's sister, Rhea!!!!!!

What happened? Did Kathleen create a scene? :lol::lol:

Jes kiddin'.

[Edited on 2-3-2013 by DENNIS]

David K - 2-3-2013 at 03:59 PM

Udo (or ?), please add the names in the photo caption (left to right) for those of us who haven't met yet.

Udo - 2-3-2013 at 04:16 PM

I thought I did, DK.
They at least came out on Facebook.

From left to right:

Terry (Bajaguy), my sister Rhea (Rhea), the owner of Muelle Tres, David, Terry's wife, myself (Udo), my wife Jana, and Kathleen (Bajabound2005).

My sincerest apologies to all, I posted this on Facebook and was under the mistaken impression that the names would also appear on Nomads.

Bajaguy and his wife live in Ensenada at the Baja Country Club, Bajabound2005 lives in Punta Banda (a region near the Blow Hole, my sister lives in Palos Verdes, Ca, and my wife and I live in Tustin, Ca.
Our get together came about from a posting on Facebook and a "friending" from Muelle Tres.

BajaBlanca - 2-3-2013 at 08:37 PM

what a neat picture - everyone looks so happy !

bajabound2005 - 2-3-2013 at 09:38 PM

and the pix are not on FB....

shari - 2-3-2013 at 10:23 PM

What? you guys had a party and didnt invite MOI???? sheesh....sure looks like a fun dinner....nice to see all those familiar faces smiling together!

BAJACAT - 2-3-2013 at 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajabound2005
happy to see you here Kat...you look great....nice pictures and also the food looks great.

tripledigitken - 2-3-2013 at 10:42 PM

miss your restaurant reviews Kat..............

Ken

Bob H - 2-3-2013 at 10:59 PM

Great photo of happy Nomads! Nice food photos also.

It would be a good idea to have a Nomad get together (planned) somewhere in Baja soon! Ensenada has so many wonderful places to eat and party !!

BAJACAT - 2-3-2013 at 11:06 PM

Im in Bob, lets do it in Rancho San Carlos, easy drive and it can be done in one day..
hot springs, cold pacificos and nomads, what a great combination..

EnsenadaDr - 2-4-2013 at 01:51 AM

The location as well as the food is excellent. I enjoy their clam chowder in the afternoons and any of their entrees are superb.

Udo - 2-4-2013 at 05:19 PM

When I was editing the photos to post, I have an automatic Facebook page that pops up, and I always "LIKE" it, therefore I assume they show up on FB.

On your post, Kathleen, I also had to add everyone's names.

Quote:
Originally posted by bajabound2005

MexicoTed - 2-5-2013 at 11:06 PM

I agree, there needs to be another Baja Nomad get together or fiesta. It's been many years since a big party was organized. Doug or David K or Udo or ??? Anyone else in?

David K - 2-6-2013 at 10:10 AM

It was a lot of work back then, and I was younger, lol!

The last big get-together was a blast and was hosted by BajaCactus, Antonio, in Nov. 2006... we called it Viva Baja Cactus... a bus tour of Tijuana, food, beer, wine, more food at dinner... and an award presented to Doug, BajaNomad himself:

Event photos: http://vivabaja.com/vivabajacactus

Here are many photos from Doug: http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=20601

Here are the photos from my camera, posted on Nomad right after the event: http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=20656

[Edited on 2-6-2013 by David K]

bajaguy - 2-6-2013 at 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by MexicoTed
I agree, there needs to be another Baja Nomad get together or fiesta. It's been many years since a big party was organized. Doug or David K or Udo or ??? Anyone else in?

I won't organize it, but I can reserve the recreation area or the fiesta area at the Baja Country Club. Has to be in October of 2013, still good weather. Maybe a BBQ and a potluck???

DENNIS - 2-6-2013 at 10:26 AM

Quote:

I won't organize it, but I can reserve the recreation area or the fiesta area at the Baja Country Club. Has to be in October of 2013, still good weather. Maybe a BBQ and a potluck???

That's a perfect facility.....kitchen....bathrooms......parking.....even a golf course if that interests anybody.

David K - 2-6-2013 at 10:32 AM

Quote:
Quote:

Walt Hussong Jr attended my Viva Baja 4 party and he extended an invite to host a party at San Carlos Hot Springs, on the Hussong's private estate back in there. That was over 10 years ago... do you know what has come of Hussong's place or Walt Jr. (the great-grandson of the founder of Hussong's Cantina)...?

bajaguy - 2-6-2013 at 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Walt Hussong Jr attended my Viva Baja 4 party and he extended an invite to host a party at San Carlos Hot Springs, on the Hussong's private estate back in there. That was over 10 years ago... do you know what has come of Hussong's place or Walt Jr. (the great-grandson of the founder of Hussong's Cantina)...?

Nope

DENNIS - 2-6-2013 at 10:52 AM

Quote:

Doesn't he own Sano's Restaurant in Ensenada...along with adjoining Quintas Papagayo?
Keeping track of the Hussongs is like counting Jackrabbits. Turn your back and there's thirty more.

David K - 2-6-2013 at 11:16 AM

Yes, he owns the Papagayo hotel...

desertcpl - 2-6-2013 at 11:35 AM

Quote:
Quote:

That's a perfect facility.....kitchen....bathrooms......parking.....even a golf course if that interests anybody.

Har Har,,, you act like your going to get an invite :lol::lol::lol:

DENNIS - 2-6-2013 at 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by desertcpl

Nah....not a chance. That's OK. I'll have my own get-together. :lol:

DENNIS - 2-6-2013 at 11:41 AM

Quote:

Theeese too:

http://sanosrestaurant.com/

Really popular spot with the locals who have American Express Platinum cards.

EnsenadaDr - 2-6-2013 at 12:49 PM

Dennis, I already told you they have a bar menu with some very reasonable items, NY Strip Burgers, Filet Mignon Baja Fries, and other items including soup and salads under $100 pesos...it is a classy place for the rich and not so rich.

David K - 2-6-2013 at 12:56 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Theeese too:

http://sanosrestaurant.com/

Really popular spot with the locals who have American Express Platinum cards.

Nice.. here is the English web page: http://sanosrestaurant.com/?lang=en

EnsenadaDr - 2-6-2013 at 12:58 PM

Well Terry maybe you could see if the invite still stands? I'm sure you could find out where he is through his establishments....sounds like a great place for a party!
Quote:
Quote:

Nope

DENNIS - 2-6-2013 at 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by EnsenadaDr
Dennis, I already told you they have a bar menu with some very reasonable items, NY Strip Burgers, Filet Mignon Baja Fries, and other items including soup and salads under $100 pesos...it is a classy place for the rich and not so rich.

All I'm sayin' is that the Sano's clientele, for the most part, doesn't concern themselves with "reasonable."

David K - 2-6-2013 at 01:48 PM

Quote:
Well Terry maybe you could see if the invite still stands? I'm sure you could find out where he is through his establishments....sounds like a great place for a party!
Quote:
Quote:

Nope

If you do find him, the background of how we met: He was a guest at my Viva Baja #4 party in Capistrano Beach, on Feb. 1, 2003 and he was most appreciative of the event and really was anxious to have one held at his San Carlos Canyon ranch... a camping party for out-of-towners. A side-note, my dad and his dad went to the same high school in the mid 1920's and knew each other.... I think that Walt was the grandson of the founder of Hussong's Cantina, during the Baja gold rush days?

Here are the Viva Baja-4 photos: http://vivabaja.com/vivabaja4/

bajaguy - 2-6-2013 at 01:50 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Nope, I offered the Country Club.....if you want the hot springs, go for it.....did 20+ years in the Army. Don't camp in the dirt or do dirt roads unless I have to....

[Edited on 2-6-2013 by bajaguy]

DENNIS - 2-6-2013 at 01:53 PM

Quote:
He was a guest at my Viva Baja #4 party in Capistrano Beach,

Where in Capo Beach? I used to live there.
Hey.....Where's Sallysouth? She hasn't posted for quite a while. She lives in Capo.

bajaguy - 2-6-2013 at 01:53 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by desertcpl

Nah....not a chance. That's OK. I'll have my own get-together. :lol:

Hey, Dennis.........I'll invite you: Poof.....Your invited!!

David K - 2-6-2013 at 02:00 PM

Quote:
Quote:
He was a guest at my Viva Baja #4 party in Capistrano Beach,

Where in Capo Beach? I used to live there.
Hey.....Where's Sallysouth? She hasn't posted for quite a while. She lives in Capo.

See the web page I posted...
It was at Olamendi's Mexican Restaurant
34660 Pacific Coast Hwy, Capistrano Beach, CA 92624

[Edited on 2-6-2013 by David K]

EnsenadaDr - 2-6-2013 at 02:10 PM

Are you going Dennis? Oh yeah, not unless Doc brings the girl golf caddies!! Terry I think its a great idea...great spot!!
Quote:
Quote:

DENNIS - 2-6-2013 at 02:31 PM

Quote:
See the web page I posted...
It was at Olamendi's Mexican Restaurant
34660 Pacific Coast Hwy, Capistrano Beach, CA 92624

It's all coming back to me now. :light:

bajaguy - 2-6-2013 at 02:35 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Not much of a kitchen (don't think there is a stove or oven), only one bathroom, but it does have an enclosed building, an outdoor BBQ, shade, grass and power.

People can bring their own tables and chairs

DENNIS - 2-6-2013 at 03:00 PM

Quote:

:lol::lol: I can just see that on the invitation right under BYOB.

Anyway.........there's always "Renta Fiesta."

desertcpl - 2-6-2013 at 03:04 PM

Quote:
Are you going Dennis? Oh yeah, not unless Doc brings the girl golf caddies!! Terry I think its a great idea...great spot!!
Quote:
Quote:

okay, the girl caddy's can come

sexy_women_with_tiny_waists_and_huge_breasts_640_87.jpg - 43kB

DENNIS - 2-6-2013 at 03:07 PM

YIPES.....She's back. Her name must be Elsie.

desertcpl - 2-6-2013 at 03:10 PM

really,, now will you go Dennis

bajaguy - 2-6-2013 at 03:51 PM

Quote:
Quote:

:lol::lol: I can just see that on the invitation right under BYOB.

Anyway.........there's always "Renta Fiesta."

yeah, well, I'm not going to spring for renting tables and chairs :lol:

shari - 2-6-2013 at 04:00 PM

I wanna go to Dennis's party!!!!:bounce:

DENNIS - 2-6-2013 at 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
I wanna go to Dennis's party!!!!:bounce:

You will be the guest of honor, mon Sharí.

EnsenadaDr - 2-6-2013 at 05:26 PM

Now wait a minute, with all due respect, Terry was the one offering to use his facility for the party...So I think we need to call this Terry's party, but Shari can go with Dennis...IF he shows up!!

Udo - 2-6-2013 at 05:44 PM

Jana and I are IN, no matter where, but we need a couple of weeks notice to arrange for Jana to take the days off.
Currently she has Mondays & Tuesdays off, and she trades with other employees for weekend days off.

Quote:

bajaguy - 2-6-2013 at 06:10 PM

Quote:
Now wait a minute, with all due respect, Terry was the one offering to use his facility for the party...So I think we need to call this Terry's party, but Shari can go with Dennis...IF he shows up!!

This is NOT my party, and it is NOT my facility......and Dennis can go with who(m) ever he wants!!!!!

If the people who plan the get together decide they want to use the BCC, either the recreation area or the fiesta area, they need to contact me with a primary date and back up dates.......

FIne with me...

EnsenadaDr - 2-6-2013 at 06:23 PM

Guaranteed he won't show!!
Quote:
Quote:

This is NOT my party, and it is NOT my facility......and Dennis can go with who(m) ever he wants!!!!!

If the people who plan the get together decide they want to use the BCC, either the recreation area or the fiesta area, they need to contact me with a primary date and back up dates.......

[Edited on 2-7-2013 by EnsenadaDr]

bajaguy - 2-6-2013 at 06:45 PM

Quote:
Guaranteed he won't show!!
Quote:

Dennis is a big boy, he can decide for himself.

EnsenadaDr - 2-6-2013 at 06:46 PM

I'm sure he already has...!!!:spingrin:

[Edited on 2-7-2013 by EnsenadaDr]

Udo - 2-6-2013 at 07:19 PM

Lets assume we have a BN get-together...

I can cater enough food for about 300 (just by myself). With about small donation, I can do more than that.
And if BCC is the place, that would be easy to handle from my end.

I think that the "personal tequila" sipper tasting cups (as was done during the book signings) would be a superb addition.

I will vote for the NOMAD party!

p.s. since the NOMADS is about BAJA, a party NOB would be out of the question...just my opinion. Ensenada is a perfect place to host such a get together, and the BCC would be even better since it is centrally located!

durrelllrobert - 2-6-2013 at 08:08 PM

If it's at BCC you can count on me and Mrs durrelllrobert.

David K - 2-7-2013 at 10:49 AM

That will be nice to have in Ensenada for the many Punta Banda and Ensenada area Nomads...

I held mine NOB (north of the border) because they were afternoon to evening ond day events, and a majority of Nomads live in California (at least then). They were to have Baja fun when we weren't in Baja. M had her BBBB events in Baja, as weekend camping or moteling events... good fun!

[Edited on 2-7-2013 by David K]

Neal Johns - 2-7-2013 at 01:56 PM

If you allow teetotaling octogenarians, I invite myself and current wife. :lol::lol::lol:
Neal