BajaNomad

Cliff Matlock killed in accident

bajaguy - 2-4-2013 at 07:19 PM

From Ensenada.net

The Cliff Matlock named deceased, was a native of El Cajon, California, and was on vacation in California at the time was suffering the accident that cost him his life.

According to the official report the accident occurred in an area known as El Alamillo, within the Delegation of Real Del Castillo and near the town of Ojos Negros 40 kilometers east of the city of Ensenada.

The American was traveling with his wife by a gap of dirt aboard a Rhino type vehicle (UTV) with his wife Kristen collided head when a Jeep Cherokee, which killed Matlock, almost instantaneously.

The deceased former race proved traditional skills Baja 1000 off-road champion and the same in the year 1999 in class 30 on motorcycles, in addition to being father of Wayne Matlock, a champion off-road racer.

After the accident in social networks has started a campaign to support the family of Matlock for funeral services and transfer of the victim.

Ateo - 2-4-2013 at 07:21 PM

Horrible news.

BajaWarrior - 2-5-2013 at 05:36 AM

Got this from RaceDezert... R.I.P.

Re: RIP Cliff Matlock
This is an edit that I sent out yesterday, The Matlock family needs our help in this tragic time, here is what I know: As some of you know already Cliff Matlock passed away yesterday, Saturday February 2nd. He and Marla were down in Mexico with 2 other razors doing what they loved. They were outside of Ojos when they came around a blind corner and a Jeep Cherokee was on their side of the road. Cliff tried to avoid the Jeep by turning to the right with little time and from what I was told Cliff was t-boned by the Jeep. I was told he passed instantly and did not suffer. Marla is bruised up and has a sore back but she is okay health wise.
The family is down in Mexico right now trying to get all the paperwork done to bring Cliff home tomorrow. As Kristen said, they are in “race mode” right now just trying to get Cliff home. The reality of this tragedy has not sunk in yet.

fudscrud - 2-5-2013 at 09:18 AM

This is sad news. Cliff was a good man.

Udo - 2-5-2013 at 09:56 AM

Thanks for the news, Terry.
I did not know the man, but had heard of his name.

Real sad news.

RIP!