BajaNomad

THE FOG

lizard lips - 2-5-2013 at 10:34 AM

I have something to do in San Diego tonight and won't be driving back to Ensenada until about 12 midnight. I would spend the night but I have another appointment at 7 a.m.

Does anyone know what it's like at that time at night these past couple of days or after 5 a.m.

THANKS

Pompano - 2-5-2013 at 10:47 AM

Hola lizard lips,

We went out for an early dinner (4-5) on the waterfront and found it way too chilly to sit outside..even after the waiter started a patio heater for us. We put on jackets, but it was still too cool, so inside we went.

Your're right in that there's been quite a bit of coastal fog cooling things down. Come prepared with light jacket and/or sweater.

Good luck!

lizard lips - 2-5-2013 at 11:23 AM

Thanks Pomp...... My son and I are going to the Who concert at the Sports Arena tonight and I always stay in a hotel when it's late so I won't have to drive the toll road but this fog has got me a little worried.

CortezBlue - 2-5-2013 at 11:44 AM

Photo looks like Oceanside Marina?

Pompano - 2-5-2013 at 11:59 AM

Yup...Lighthouse Restaurant overlooking marina. Chilly outside. Same weather as Shelter Island later.

tripledigitken - 2-5-2013 at 12:09 PM

Roger,

Been to Point Loma Seafoods since they remodeled?

Ken

Pompano - 2-5-2013 at 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tripledigitken
Roger,

Been to Point Loma Seafoods since they remodeled?

Ken

Hi Ken, I had lunch there in November and for the life of me, I don't recall any remodeling...but I realize that it has happened. I'll be there again when shopping around for surf tackle this weekend and take some current pics. Love their clam chowder!

p.s. weather now in Pt Loma and Oceanside is about 55F...brrr.
Late and early fog close to shore seems to the norm.

[Edited on 2-5-2013 by Pompano]

David K - 2-5-2013 at 01:23 PM

Come on by for a Pacifico... or rum and coke!:light:

lizard lips - 2-6-2013 at 07:45 PM

Stayed at a hotel in SD last night after the Who concert which was GREAT! To bad you all missed it!

DENNIS - 2-6-2013 at 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by lizard lips
Stayed at a hotel in SD last night after the Who concert which was GREAT! To bad you all missed it!

Who???