BajaNomad

Manhunt for Killer in So Cal. Is there a possibility he crossed the border?

Pages:  1  

MexicoTed - 2-7-2013 at 01:39 PM

Nomads in Baja, keep your eyes out for this killer. They are looking for him all over Southern Cal and he was seen in Point Loma last night trying to steal a boat. Might have headed south. Last seen in blue/grey Nissan Titan.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/SD-Manhunt-Suspects-Pr...

vandenberg - 2-7-2013 at 01:49 PM

doubtful, he would stand out like a sore thumb.

Ateo - 2-7-2013 at 01:54 PM

I hope they get him soon before more deaths occur. Did you hear about the 2 women shot while delivering newspapers in Torrance? Cops thought they were the suspect.

Hook - 2-7-2013 at 02:07 PM

This is one BIG STORY. It's the lead on almost every media outlet.

It's conceivable he could be caught quicker, south of the border. Persons of African-American descent tend to stick out in Mexico; by virtue of their rarity. Not so easy to blend in.

Man, to steal a boat in an attempt to escape is either extremely desperate or extremely stupid or both.

bajaguy - 2-7-2013 at 02:46 PM

As reported on various SoCal media sources.......

Blue or Grey Nissan Titan pickup, Toneau cover over the bed, black custom wheels, CA plate 8D83997

BajaNomad - 2-7-2013 at 03:03 PM

This article says some of the San Diego "tips" were false alarms. However it states his badge was indeed found by the airport in San Diego:

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/San-Diego-Police-Inv...

BajaNomad - 2-7-2013 at 03:06 PM

Lots of articles/updates here - including that they're following a lead on a burned out vehicle in Big Bear:

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Former-Officer-LAPD-...

There is a road block in Rosarito

Gypsy Jan - 2-7-2013 at 03:08 PM

The federales are searching cars, looking for the suspect.

LancairDriver - 2-7-2013 at 03:08 PM

Shoot first, ask questions later.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/02/07/3-bystanders-reportedly...

Ateo - 2-7-2013 at 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Gypsy Jan
The federales are searching cars, looking for the suspect.

I like hearing about cross border cooperation.

Truck located???

bajaguy - 2-7-2013 at 03:33 PM

KCal 9 NEWS from Los Angeles is reporting the the suspect's truck was located burned out in the San Bernardino mountains near Big Bear.
YMMV

[Edited on 2-7-2013 by bajaguy]

Pompano - 2-8-2013 at 08:50 AM

FOX News this morning. Schools are closed in the Big Bear area while the search continues today. That's a familiar area as I was a seasonal resident a few years back. It will be a challenge to search that countryside thoroughly, even with dogs. Compounding the situation for searchers, current conditions are snow and thermometer falling. A planned air search called off for now. The fugitive does have survivalist training.

Hmm...The chronological & geographical sightings of the fugitive are strange indeed....LA, Riverside, Las Vegas, San Diego, now Big Bear...all over the map and back. Maybe purposeful and well-planned from a professional law enforcement officer.

He may well end up in Augie's or the Jungle Bar yet.

Note: Some oldtime Baja neighbors are leaving San Diego today for Coyote. Godspeed and use caution, Joe & Bonnie...No hitchhikers, mi amigos!

[Edited on 2-8-2013 by Pompano]

Cyanide41 - 2-8-2013 at 09:24 AM

CBP is searching cars going into mexico. It took me an hour to cross last night at 8:30. You know something is wrong when it takes longer to get into Mexico, than it does to get out.

bajadogs - 2-8-2013 at 09:43 AM

I work with a big black dude who lives in Tijuana and makes the commute every day to and from Carlsbad. After the ordeal he described just trying to get home last night I can pretty much guaranty the suspect will not get into Mexico.

It must suck to be a big black dude in SoCal right about now.:rolleyes:

[Edited on 2-8-2013 by bajadogs]

Bob H - 2-8-2013 at 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hook
This is one BIG STORY. It's the lead on almost every media outlet.

It's conceivable he could be caught quicker, south of the border. Persons of African-American descent tend to stick out in Mexico; by virtue of their rarity. Not so easy to blend in.

Man, to steal a boat in an attempt to escape is either extremely desperate or extremely stupid or both.

His size will be a problem for him. He should really stand out if he's in Mexico or anywhere at 6' and 280 pounds!!

Let's hope they get to the guy soon. The ending could be really bad ... he's not going to be taken easily !

desertcpl - 2-8-2013 at 10:08 AM

so they are shaking down every on entering TJ, well thats good for him to know

so now he can just walk in MX thru Tecate

bajaguy - 2-8-2013 at 10:18 AM

They are checking all border entry points. He can just walk across like all the other illegals....... :lol:

This may end in one of two ways.......With his mindset, he will probably either cap himself or go out in a suicide by cop scenario

DENNIS - 2-8-2013 at 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaguy
This may end in one of two ways.......With his mindset, he will probably either cap himself or go out in a suicide by cop scenario

I'm thinking he has too much ego for either. He's trying to prove something and knows he won't be able to do that from the wrong side of the dirt.

That said....he's a cop killer. That pretty much closes out his chances for survival if apprehended.

desertcpl - 2-8-2013 at 10:29 AM

the police will kill him on site and ask questions later

this will only end one way for him and he knows it

Terry28 - 2-8-2013 at 11:41 AM

I live in Big Bear and we had so many helicopters yesterday they should have had an air traffic controller...Tons of L.E. folks from all agencies...no luck..it has been snowing here for the last 6 hours...schools closed but the resorts are open...still lots of L.E. people around checking houses etc..If he is out there he is very cold!!

bajadogs - 2-8-2013 at 11:59 AM

I think there are too many L.E. people on both sides of the border at Tecate for him to just walk by.

10 years go maybe.

mtgoat666 - 2-8-2013 at 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajadogs
I work with a big black dude who lives in Tijuana and makes the commute every day to and from Carlsbad. After the ordeal he described just trying to get home last night I can pretty much guaranty the suspect will not get into Mexico.

It must suck to be a big black dude in SoCal right about now.

especially a black dude driving a titan pickup! :O:O

i think the coppers have already shot up a few pickups by "mistake."

LancairDriver - 2-8-2013 at 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666
Quote:

Unfortunately the good citizens in the Big Bear area have more to fear from the cops than the fugitive.The media has been pretty silent about the two older women delivering newspapers who were "friendly fire" casualties the cops shot up in addition to another unfortunate pickup driver.

DENNIS - 2-8-2013 at 01:01 PM

Quote:

Triggerhappy in the pursuit of law and order. :lol:
That's just another way of saying, "justifiable homicide."

mtgoat666 - 2-8-2013 at 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by LancairDriver
Quote:
Quote:

Unfortunately the good citizens in the Big Bear area have more to fear from the cops than the fugitive.The media has been pretty silent about the two older women delivering newspapers who were "friendly fire" casualties the cops shot up in addition to another unfortunate pickup driver.

victims were in PU of different make and color (blue toyota tacoma, favorite make/model on nomadlandia), were petite women, not large man. were shot in the back!

truly trigger-happy:

YIKES!!!!! :O:O:o:o:o

[Edited on 2-8-2013 by mtgoat666]

luv2fish - 2-8-2013 at 02:53 PM

CHACHING !!!!!!!!! I guess this is the next best thing to being beaten into the big bucks by the good ol L.A.P.D. I thank God or {or HEY- ZEUS} that nobody was killed by L.A.P.D. or Torrance P.D. I was noticing how the media was, I guess not keeping quiet about the two Mexicanitas {per my mo in law } that were shot yesterday, but weren't saying too much other than they had Lawyered up. Lets hope they catch this guy.

DENNIS - 2-8-2013 at 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by luv2fish
they had Lawyered up.

A good lawyer on this one will be like winning the lottery. No excuse for this out-of-control crap. It was no more than a shooting frenzy while protecting and serving.

LancairDriver - 2-8-2013 at 03:13 PM

Doesn't David K drive a Toyota pickup? Maybe best stay off the road for awhile.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It must suck to be a big black dude in SoCal right about

victims were in PU of different make and color (blue toyota tacoma, favorite make/model on nomadlandia), were petite women, not large man. were shot in the back!

truly trigger-happy:

[img]http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/02/07/article-2274956-176B0E40000005DC-

[Edited on 2-8-2013 by LancairDriver]

[Edited on 2-8-2013 by LancairDriver]

bacquito - 2-8-2013 at 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cyanide41
CBP is searching cars going into mexico. It took me an hour to cross last night at 8:30. You know something is wrong when it takes longer to get into Mexico, than it does to get out.

Yes, I crossed at Tecate yesterday and Law Enforcement as was out in force!

David K - 2-8-2013 at 05:08 PM

Me and 30% or more of the Nomads (it seems)! LOL, mine is silver.
Just think, some people say guns should be illegal for law abiding citizens and only in the hands of police and military... for our safety!!!! LOL:wow::rolleyes:

Ken Cooke - 2-8-2013 at 06:44 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I sold my pickup 10 yrs ago. Luck me!:rolleyes:

[Edited on 2-9-2013 by Ken Cooke]

DENNIS - 2-8-2013 at 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ken Cooke

I sold my pickup 10 yrs ago. Lucky me!:rolleyes:

Yeah.....for sure. You would be a lead magnet up around big bear.

David K - 2-8-2013 at 07:17 PM

Yah us big men with 4WD trucks are too easy to spot in a crowd!:cool:

mtgoat666 - 2-8-2013 at 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Just think, some people say guns should be illegal for law abiding citizens and only in the hands of police and military... for our safety!!!! LOL:wow::rolleyes:

based on what happened to toyota occupants, our police should be disarmed! :o:O:o:O:o:O:o

and fired cops should be banned from owning guns! :light::light::light:

[Edited on 2-9-2013 by mtgoat666]

Bajaboy - 2-8-2013 at 07:39 PM

Quote:

Name someone:?:

woody with a view - 2-8-2013 at 08:22 PM

that guy is a F'ing knucklehead!

Ken shouldn't go into the Mts of Big Bear for awhile!

the cops that shot up the BACK of a truck should be stung up by the nutz with piano wire for being incompetent! i'm sure it will be rationalized away REAL SOON!

[Edited on 2-9-2013 by woody with a view]

Hey,, MTGOAT666

captkw - 2-8-2013 at 08:55 PM

I say,, here to you on a public forum,,,, you are a Plant,,troll and hope you get banned !! your posts are not welcomed or received with kindness...your 666 sorta says a lot !! you have not posted anything good,,enlighting,,info,,helpfo or in good intentions.......last draw of the cards !! Captkw

David K - 2-8-2013 at 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajaboy
Quote:

Name someone:?:

Don't you still have your Tacoma? It's the model of vehicle you drove when we met 12 years ago... right after I got my first one... Viva Tacomas!

Ken Cooke - 2-8-2013 at 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by woody with a view
Ken shouldn't go into the Mts of Big Bear for awhile!

I was invited to do a Jeep run up Cleghorn Ridge on Sunday. I told my friend, "No way - They'll think I'm the bad guy." Don't want to get mud all over my Baja Jeep.

woody with a view - 2-8-2013 at 09:00 PM

c'mon Capt. the old Goat presents the other side of the coin in a most blunt and direct manner.

David K - 2-8-2013 at 09:02 PM

Quote:
Quote:

based on what happened to toyota occupants, our police should be disarmed! :o:O:o:O:o:O:o

When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns.

Bajaboy - 2-8-2013 at 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by captkw
I say,, here to you on a public forum,,,, you are a Plant,,troll and hope you get banned !! your posts are not welcomed or received with kindness...your 666 sorta says a lot !! you have not posted anything good,,enlighting,,info,,helpfo or in good intentions.......last draw of the cards !! Captkw

Why the hate? I think he is referring to this:
http://blogs.laweekly.com/informer/dorner%20open%20fire%20me...

luv2fish - 2-8-2013 at 09:41 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

truly trigger-happy:

YIKES!!!!! :O:O:o:o:o

[Edited on 2-8-2013 by mtgoat666]

After they decide to keep these cops, they need to send them to the range for a few weeks so they can learn to shoot, all those shots and only 2 hits, while houses and cars blocks away were all shot up. I think these cops are really scared.

Bajaboy - 2-8-2013 at 09:45 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

David, you pick up a part time job with the NRA:?: You sure are busy regurgitating the guano:biggrin:

bajadogs - 2-8-2013 at 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajaboy
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

David, you pick up a part time job with the NRA:?: You sure are busy regurgitating the guano:biggrin:

David,
You must hate being in Mexico since you can't pack and carry.
I love the fact YOU can't.

Ken Cooke - 2-8-2013 at 10:21 PM

I heard a guy on one of my 4WD runs forgot and carried his handgun to Baja. It was stashed under his hood inside of a Jeep Conceal Carry Case and it never got discovered. Phew!:o

gnukid - 2-8-2013 at 10:26 PM

Please don't attack people here if they may have a different opinion. Posit your thoughts, make a logical argument or discuss ideas.

[Edited on 2-9-2013 by gnukid]

I'm bigger than David K!

Ken Cooke - 2-8-2013 at 10:56 PM

Quote:
Yah us big men with 4WD trucks are too easy to spot in a crowd!:cool:

Us big men with 4WD trucks are easy to spot on Shell Island!:lol:

[Edited on 2-9-2013 by BajaNomad]

bajadogs - 2-8-2013 at 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by gnukid
Please don't attack people here if they may have a different opinion. Posit your thoughts, make a logical argument or discuss ideas.

[Edited on 2-9-2013 by gnukid]

Who made you a moderator? That's my thought.

bajadogs - 2-8-2013 at 11:36 PM

AND... you paranoid gun nuts should stay north of the border because that freedom is SO F-ing important to you and it is gone when you cross that line. I don't understand what you're so afraid of.

bajadogs - 2-9-2013 at 12:04 AM

OH!!!...if this seems Off Topic it's because DK typed -

"When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns."

but for some reason DK will not stoop down to OFF TOPIC where his non-Baja related opinions belong. :rolleyes:

Ken Cooke - 2-9-2013 at 12:11 AM

Quote:
OH!!!...if this seems Off Topic it's because DK typed -

"When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns."

but for some reason DK will not stoop down to OFF TOPIC where his non-Baja related opinions belong. :rolleyes:

You might have thin-skin if that bothered you. David K has talked Conservative Politics with me for years, and it doesn't bother me. I got used to it. We agree on some things, and don't agree on other things. But, that's how it is with most people. You can't assume there will always be parity in regards to politics because we enjoy the same region of Mexico - even though handguns are outlawed in Mexico.

David K - 2-9-2013 at 12:39 AM

Hey Ken, you are taller... but my stomach is sure bigger! LOL! Shell Island four wheeling is the best!
Hey Baja Dogs, please note this is a discussion forum so just share your thoughts and not be upset with mine. Can you show me where I told you to not post anything on Nomad? Come on over for a Pacifico buddy, this is supposed to be a fun place.

DENNIS - 2-9-2013 at 08:29 AM

Quote:
I heard a guy on one of my 4WD runs forgot and carried his handgun to Baja. It was stashed under his hood inside of a Jeep Conceal Carry Case and it never got discovered. Phew!:o

Not a good idea at the new crossing [or anywhere]. I've had my hood opened twice coming south through there.

Ken Cooke - 2-9-2013 at 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:

Not a good idea at the new crossing [or anywhere]. I've had my hood opened twice coming south through there.

I agree. I was told after the fact (a few months later). Good thing the Jeep driver didn't get caught.

DENNIS - 2-9-2013 at 09:30 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It was stashed under his hood inside of a Jeep Conceal Carry Case and it never got discovered. Phew!:o

I agree. I was told after the fact (a few months later). Good thing the Jeep driver didn't get caught.

Sure is. I don't know what a Jeep Conceal Carry Case is, but perhaps they do at the border. I drive a Jeep too.

greengoes - 2-9-2013 at 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by captkw

Yea, he sneaks out of the OT occasionally. To be fair, he is one of the more intelligent posters over there, just a bit misguided tho.

:lol::lol:

Ateo - 2-9-2013 at 09:54 AM

Hey mtgoat666: capt. is calling you a devil worshipping troll!!!! I disagree.

Hilarious!!!

Back on topic, can you believe these police officers shot up that blue Tacoma like that? Poor ladies...................

Hope they catch this guy before more people are killed.

DianaT - 2-9-2013 at 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ateo

Hilarious!!!

Back on topic, can you believe these police officers shot up that blue Tacoma like that? Poor ladies...................

One article I read said that the police shot up that truck because they thought the wanted criminal MIGHT be in the truck. Seeing that truck, I am surprised the women were not killed!

I hope they recover and I hope those officers are fired and their guns taken away --- they are obviously not qualified to carry firearms.

Barry A. - 2-9-2013 at 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DianaT
Quote:

Hilarious!!!

One article I read said that the police shot up that truck because they thought the wanted criminal MIGHT be in the truck. Seeing that truck, I am surprised the women were not killed!

I hope they recover and I hope those officers are fired and their guns taken away --- they are obviously not qualified to carry firearms.

There is something fishy about this story------there has GOT to be more to the story than is being reported. Cops don't fire on vehicles unless there is compelling & immediate danger present, and it is overt!!!

Barry

woody with a view - 2-9-2013 at 10:32 AM

they are coming up with the story as we speak. the pics speak for themselves though, don't they?

DianaT - 2-9-2013 at 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Barry A.
Quote:
Quote:

Hilarious!!!

There is something fishy about this story------there has GOT to be more to the story than is being reported. Cops don't fire on vehicles unless there is compelling & immediate danger present, and it is overt!!!

Barry

Barry, I agree. Compelling and immediate danger --- then no problem. Unfortunately, from all the reports, that did not seem to be the case --- two women out very early in the morning delivering papers. And then another truck was shot up---no one injured in the second shooting.

The cops are justified in their fear as this guy is very, very dangerous, but shooting up trucks that "look" like his truck does not seem to be compelling and immediate danger.

If there is a story out there that says there was ANY legitimate reason for their behavior, I would like to see it. If not, they have no business being in law enforcement or carrying guns. The truck was not even the same make or color of the killer's truck.

[Edited on 2-9-2013 by DianaT]

Bajaboy - 2-9-2013 at 10:38 AM

Quote:
Quote:

Hilarious!!!

Qualified...you don't have to be qualified to carry firearms....any idiot can carry one....remember it's their right:O

Ateo - 2-9-2013 at 10:43 AM

....and what about the black honda truck event? Scroll down.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/02/07/16888732-women-sh...

Ateo - 2-9-2013 at 12:28 PM

Something tells me this guy is not in Big Bear. It appears he is one step ahead of the cops. He knows how they think. He probably set this whole Big Bear thing up way in advance to keep them searching around in the snow for days. We shall see.

man hunt

captkw - 2-9-2013 at 01:03 PM

Hola, for info on this subject,, check out "before its news" website...good info you will not get on CNN,,Fox and others !!

J.P. - 2-9-2013 at 01:53 PM

From his rant on face book a whole lot of the Bottom Feeders on the LAPD have good reason to be Trigger Happy.
They will eventually get him. but hopefully he will get a few of them.

tripledigitken - 2-9-2013 at 02:35 PM

Quote:
Something tells me this guy is not in Big Bear. It appears he is one step ahead of the cops. He knows how they think. He probably set this whole Big Bear thing up way in advance to keep them searching around in the snow for days. We shall see.

Why would he try to steal a boat in San Diego before he went to Big Bear if he had a grand plan?:?::?:

mtgoat666 - 2-9-2013 at 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tripledigitken
Quote:

Why would he try to steal a boat in San Diego before he went to Big Bear if he had a grand plan?:?::?:

i suppose half the info coming from coppers is lies. covering up their mistakes in allowing the perp to be a cop. covering up the mistaken shootings and stops of innocent citizens. cops lie, lie all the time to spin the story they want spun.

wait for the press to find out truth,... in mean time, disegard all info from coppers as unreliable.

tripledigitken - 2-9-2013 at 02:50 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

i suppose half the info coming from coppers is lies. covering up their mistakes in allowing the perp to be a cop. covering up the mistaken shootings and stops of innocent citizens. cops lie, lie all the time to spin the story they want spun.

wait for the press to find out truth,... in mean time, disegard all info from coppers as unreliable.

With all due respect, your advice would be on the bottom of my list to follow.:rolleyes:

DENNIS - 2-9-2013 at 02:55 PM

Quote:

He couldn't make the boat go. What kind of Naval officer was he? :lol:

BajaParrothead - 2-9-2013 at 10:04 PM

He might be headed south after all.
http://news.yahoo.com/californian-manhunt-ex-cop-widens-mexi...

Ateo - 2-9-2013 at 10:29 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Good point, unless he had many plans and backups. He has definitely enlarged the field of operation. That has worked for him so far. I don't know what the hell I'm talking about, but at least I admit it. =)

He's still ahead of the cops. Hope not for long.

woody with a view - 2-9-2013 at 11:15 PM

if it was me, i'd plant a car up there in the mountains. then bring my registered car up there and plant a slow burning fuse in the front seat while i drive away in the waiting car....

i'm not a killer, but i did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last week!!!!:light:

BajaParrothead - 2-10-2013 at 12:44 PM

:lol::lol::lol:

J.P. - 2-10-2013 at 06:05 PM

Someone must be scared S ////// less they just published 1millon dollar Reward:wow::wow::wow:

bajadogs - 2-10-2013 at 09:32 PM

Hmmmm. People are dead and it take a million bucks rase eyebrows?

Ateo - 2-10-2013 at 09:46 PM

How many millions spent searching for this guy? Just wondering. $20 million?

MexicoTed - 2-12-2013 at 09:35 AM

Traffic into Tijuana is down to three lanes with two law enforcement officers in each lane checking every car. They are a looking for him (a couple days later IMO). There was also a raid on a Tijuana hotel last night by TJ cops looking for him.

Profiling?

Bajajorge - 2-12-2013 at 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by MexicoTed
Traffic into Tijuana is down to three lanes with two law enforcement officers in each lane checking every car. They are a looking for him (a couple days later IMO). There was also a raid on a Tijuana hotel last night by TJ cops looking for him.

OMG, Are they profiling? Where's the ACLU when you need em?
ACLU is probably hiding somewhere, hoping Dorner isn't mad at them too.:lol:

durrelllrobert - 2-12-2013 at 10:13 AM

Quote:
....and what about the black honda truck event? Scroll down.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/02/07/16888732-women-sh...

They all look alike to me :lol::lol:

lizard lips - 2-12-2013 at 10:53 AM

On Monday evening I attempted to cross into Mexico at San Ysidro and the line was backed up almost to Palm Ave., about 4 miles. I spent the night in Chula and crossed this morning at 5 am.

I would venture to say it would take close to 5 hours to cross last night. This will be the norm until the Jackwagon is caught or hopefully killed.

Breaking from CBS NEWS

bajaguy - 2-12-2013 at 02:39 PM

A law enforcement official says a person believed to be the fugitive ex-Los Angeles cop sought in three killings has exchanged gunfire with authorities in the San Bernardino Mountains.

The officer requested anonymity because the officer was not authorized to speak publicly about the ongoing investigation.

The officer tells The Associated Press it's believed Christopher Dorner committed a residential burglary of a cabin and had a couple tied up in the cabin. One was able to get away and make a call.

Authorities responded to the location and gave chase Tuesday when Dorner fled in a stolen car. Gunfire was exchanged. (AP)

DENNIS - 2-12-2013 at 03:26 PM

They're closing in. His moment of "Suicide by Cop" is close at hand. :cool:

Hook - 2-12-2013 at 03:28 PM

No escaping now. They'll find him with that infrared chopper or the dogs.

desertcpl - 2-12-2013 at 03:48 PM

they think he is holding 2 people?

so this really changes the equation alot

desertcpl - 2-12-2013 at 04:46 PM

just came in,, one of the cops he just shot a little while ago

has died

Does he have hostages?

Howard - 2-12-2013 at 05:05 PM

I am in Loreto and cannot get the current news at the moment. Is he in a cabin? IF he does not have hostages, why not set the cabin on fire?

desertcpl - 2-12-2013 at 05:08 PM

the news said about 2 hrs ago, they thought he was holding

2 hostages, but havnt said much about it since

oh yes he is in a cabin,, guess he stole a truck, they spotted him gave chase, big gun fight, he took off and took over the cabin

[Edited on 2-13-2013 by desertcpl]

DENNIS - 2-12-2013 at 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Howard
I am in Loreto and cannot get the current news at the moment. Is he in a cabin? IF he does not have hostages, why not set the cabin on fire?

The ACLU would call that murder.

desertcpl - 2-12-2013 at 05:22 PM

news flash

the cabin is on fire,, and it looks like the swat teams is going in

they are in,, just waiting now

desertcpl - 2-12-2013 at 05:25 PM

you could be right Dennis,,

heck I would ask the ACLU to go in themselves and offer Dorner so surrender

desertcpl - 2-12-2013 at 05:34 PM

pictures of the cabin,, its fully engulfed in fire

talking now it started by exploding ammo

deportes - 2-12-2013 at 05:40 PM

The ladies that were shot delivering newspapers are alive, amazing cowardly act by the LAPD!

Hook - 2-12-2013 at 05:41 PM

Guess those of us in Mx will have to wait for........................

film at 11.

deportes - 2-12-2013 at 05:42 PM

Fire still burning!

desertcpl - 2-12-2013 at 05:44 PM

fire still going

now they are saying that he didnt have any hostages

and when they was sure thats when they went in
as night was coming on, and wanted to make a stand now

oh no,, just in now,, they think Dorner may have started the fire as a diverson, and might have got loose

desertcpl - 2-12-2013 at 05:48 PM

we are watching CNN

but there is so much info coming in, so its changing all the time on whats really going on

bajaguy - 2-12-2013 at 05:51 PM

He may have capped himself and is still in the cabin, JMHO, YMMV

desertcpl - 2-12-2013 at 05:53 PM

news conference from th Sheriff's dept

they didnt go into the cabin yet,, dont know how the fire started, and dont know if Dorner is still inside,, and making plans for a long night

but there was a gun fight right before the fire started

Pages:  1