BajaNomad

Our Rotties are Four Months Old Now

Gypsy Jan - 2-13-2013 at 03:11 PM

The brother and sister that were given to us last November out on the sidewalk in front of the vet’s office in Rosarito.

They weigh about thirty pounds and they are very alert – any visitor gets announced with a “roo, roo, roo” call out by the male, while his sister silently backs him up. As someone said, "There is definitely something going on behind the eyes."

At about 5 am in the morning they start fussing in their crate and when let out, they scamper directly over to the designated paper area; they are about 50% housebroken (Heh, I say that in a trying-to-be-convincing voice).

Meanwhile, I’ve gone back to bed and they jump in, wrapping themselves around an available arm and promptly go back to sleep.

The pups have beautiful long tails with tan stripes on the underside that arch high over their backs.

Why do they have tails? According to FCI (the Fédération Cynologique Internationale, the World Canine Organization) the breed is officially sourced to Germany and in 1999, Germany passed a law making it illegal to mutilate dogs, i.e., by cropping ears or docking tails.

Mexico is a member of FCI, the U.S. is not.

[Edited on 2-14-2013 by Gypsy Jan]

Puppy Oscar at Four Months.jpg - 42kB

BajaWarrior - 2-13-2013 at 04:49 PM

We have two Rotties as well and they are just the best pets ever. The female like your Male says Roo Roo Roo and the Male is silent and rarely barks but backs her up. Tyson is 13 years old and Schatzie is 6.

[Edited on 2-13-2013 by BajaWarrior]