BajaNomad

Help McFez help Ateo :-)

mcfez - 2-14-2013 at 11:47 AM

"......I'm heading to San Felipe for the San Felipe 250 in March. Any motel recommendations"?

Yes Ateo and thxs for the U2

This is a super clean -a/c -pool -security-new motel darn near right across the street from our Campos.....which is about 6 miles north of town. Here's the issue and where I need help from the fellow BN's:

I cant remember the name of this place :o

Alaskashadow....DavidK....Cortez? Someone here can provide the info.

MexicoTed - 2-14-2013 at 11:52 AM

I know it used to be called "Baja Palms", but I think there may have been a name change.

toneart - 2-14-2013 at 11:54 AM

It's the one right before the tower, on the right!
( I know, I know...nobody likes a smart a$$) :lol:

Pacifico - 2-14-2013 at 12:07 PM

Sorry, don't know the name....

BTW, El Cortez has no rooms during the race weekend. They told me they are all booked out.

Ateo - 2-14-2013 at 12:33 PM

Thanks for the almost help all!!!! Keep it coming. Anyone know the name??

mcfez - 2-14-2013 at 12:57 PM

Ateo....
If you have a trailer or MH......feel free to use one of my lots in the campos.

Quote:
Originally posted by Ateo

Can't quite read the sign

neilm81301 - 2-14-2013 at 01:42 PM

on Street View. Look like it's right about 2 miles So/o the Pemex.

Gee, I'd love to buzz down and have a look for you..

Neil

brewer - 2-14-2013 at 01:47 PM

I'm going through there tomorrow. Somehow I'll try to to remember to look for the name of it. Wish me luck.

sancho - 2-14-2013 at 02:56 PM

A post a while back suggested a Motel called, I believe,
Diamante, right in the same area as Mc Fez's motel, I think
on the beach side of Hwy going so., right around
El Dorado, give or take, they may have a site, don't know what the crowds
are now, but a few yrs. back, there wasn't a room
barely a campsite in town during the 250, which is
in 3 weeks or so

nbacc - 2-14-2013 at 03:14 PM

Diamante is it

Ateo - 2-14-2013 at 04:54 PM

Thanks mcfez. If I had a camper I'd take you up on that! Someday!

Thanks all. Sounds like a great place. I'll see if it's not all booked up for the 250. We're not sure which pit we're working but I'm trying to make some basic plans for sleeping the night before.

Thanks Nomads.
Quote:
Originally posted by mcfez
Ateo....
If you have a trailer or MH......feel free to use one of my lots in the campos.

Quote:

David K - 2-14-2013 at 07:07 PM

Ken Cooke stayed either there or a similar one along the highway north of town... posted lots of photos, talked well of it... Has anyone used Nomad search? Stand by!:bounce:

Okay, it was indeed the Diamante... Ken posted on 7-10-2010... his photos are no longer showing, but here is some of what he said:

"Leidys and I were treated to a new, clean facility which boasted total vehicle security - a locked garage for the Rubicon! A heated swimming pool and an ice-cold Air Conditioner along with Sky Satellite TV and heated shower for $28/night or $56/3 nights were some of the selling points of this magnificent find.

Leidys in front of Diamante Motel"

[Edited on 2-15-2013 by David K]

Ateo - 2-14-2013 at 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Ken Cooke stayed either there or a similar one along the highway north of town... posted lots of photos, talked well of it... Has anyone used Nomad search? Stand by!:bounce:

Okay, it was indeed the Diamante... Ken posted on 7-10-2010... his photos are no longer showing, but here is some of what he said:

"Leidys and I were treated to a new, clean facility which boasted total vehicle security - a locked garage for the Rubicon! A heated swimming pool and an ice-cold Air Conditioner along with Sky Satellite TV and heated shower for $28/night or $56/3 nights were some of the selling points of this magnificent find.

Leidys in front of Diamante Motel"

Perfect. Thanks. Now to see if they're booked. Gonna try the internet for a website.

Ateo - 2-14-2013 at 07:20 PM

I think this is the place.

http://www.comercialmx.com/ZMKA315.htm

Ateo - 2-14-2013 at 07:26 PM

Although mcfez's photo shows a 1 story building..............I think I'm wrong with my last post.

Ken Cooke's Photo July, 2010

David K - 2-14-2013 at 07:39 PM

David K - 2-14-2013 at 07:40 PM

Quote:

That IS the place! (where Ken Cooke stayed in 2010 and raved about it, as being a-OK as a place to stay)

mcfez - 2-14-2013 at 09:56 PM

No :-(
But this place is right down the street. Haven't clue if it is a decent place or not. Always looks clean when I drive by.

I cant believe that the name of the hotel isnt in my brainbone!

Quote:

mcfez - 2-15-2013 at 06:00 AM

"Baja Palms" !

The name is "Baja Palms" .....txs sb

Ateo - 2-15-2013 at 08:54 AM

Thanks!!! Will check it out!!!

A Third Motel In The Ejido

wornout - 2-15-2013 at 10:49 AM

There is a third hotel between the Palms and Diamonte. It is just past the big tower by the Palms. I don't know anything about it but it is about 2 blocks off the highway. I will send the name in a day or three when I go to town. The picture shows the sign pointing to the Motel, the Thrifty Ice Cream is gone so don't look for it.

Capture.JPG - 31kB

meme - 2-15-2013 at 11:00 AM

It is now called Sky Blue as they are owned by a family that has about 3 Sky Blue's now.

mcfez - 2-15-2013 at 02:34 PM

It's dump!
No ac
No paint
No security
No no no :-)

Quote:
Originally posted by wornout
There is a third hotel between the Palms and Diamonte. It is just past the big tower by the Palms. I don't know anything about it but it is about 2 blocks off the highway. I will send the name in a day or three when I go to town. The picture shows the sign pointing to the Motel, the Thrifty Ice Cream is gone so don't look for it.

true

akshadow - 2-16-2013 at 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by meme
It is now called Sky Blue as they are owned by a family that has about 3 Sky Blue's now.

Checked the sign today yes is sky blue hotel, previously baja palms.
It does appear there are multiple hotels, motels along this stretch of highway with same name,
there is also a blue sky too.

daveB - 2-18-2013 at 11:08 AM

Drove by that area Friday and at a glace (and without reading all the posts) the sign said "Blue Star Motel."